d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Pets > Needing Some Help With My Fish Tank
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 580.00
Apr 29 2017 06:16pm
i have 2x oscars 3inchs long
they are in a 55gallon tank long
im looking to get em some tank mates but dont no what to get
they are 2x pelco algae eaters rite now with em

i was thinking some peacock cichilds
but i allso like discis to
what do you all think i should get
any help would be cool
Gold: 28.00
Apr 30 2017 10:59pm
when I had a couple Oscars.. i had a couple of diff types of cichilds
Gold: 580.00
May 2 2017 01:55am
Yea me my wife and our kids love em
I have tryd putting like blue gills and sun fush in with em but they dont last long at all lol

But i got a channel catfish on order im gonna put in with em to help keep the rocks clean and allso thinking about putting a piku in with em to keep all the un eatin food down to a minium

I try a pictus catfish but when i got em they was only like a inch long and got eating very easy thats why im gonna get about a foot long channel cat

It should be plenty for my 55 to handle and my allmost blind sun will love it as well
Gold: 6,032.00
May 19 2017 09:34pm
I haven't made a post in over 200 days due to no interest in what people post here but I do love aquarium tanks. Having a 55 gallon upright fresh water tank myself. I figured I'd add my input.

I don't have extremely aggressive fish in my tank but I have had them before. The problem​ with Oscar​ fish is they're very territory​ dominate. They typically do not like fish any smaller than themselves. So if you can purchase a cichilds or discis that are at least 3inches long. They should live peacefully together. You know what's a good tank mate for them is a random pond fish. They're very aggressive and will keep the Oscars in line and on there feet. Only problem with pond fish. It's sometimes hard to get them to adjusted to being hand fed.
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll