d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Pets > Pits, Rots, Dobermans Question
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.64
Dec 22 2017 06:51am
Quote (ChronFather420 @ Dec 21 2017 03:41pm)
Pitbull attacks end in fatalities because of their capacity to do damage, not because of their inherent violent nature. This reason in itself is not enough to justify demonization.
150 people get bitten by small dogs and 0 of them are reported, and then one person gets bit by a pitbull because the owner was an asshole and you see it on 150 news channels.
Pitbulls rank top tier for handling stress..

I think it's kind of irrelevant if pitbulls are inherently more or less violent than other breeds. The damage that occurs is really what matters. Most people don't care about getting bit by little ankle-biter dogs because it's likely not life threatening. No demonization of pitbulls needs to occur for it to be realized that they present a bigger danger to humans than other breeds. The bloodshed does the talking.

Surely humans are at major fault with it comes to pitbulls attacking people, but society has to deal with the repercussions nonetheless. It is not unlike how gun "accidents [sic]" affect society. Guns don't just go off by themselves or fall into the hands of children. It happens due to negligence, irresponsibility, or sheer stupidity of humans. Similar to asshole dog owners. Just because some people are responsible dog owners, doesn't mean other people are. And this is the unfortunate reality we face.

For the record I'm an adamantly opposed to any form of demonization because it is dishonest by nature and misleading. I do not agree with what the media portrays. I do no condone propaganda. I'm simply pointing out some objective numbers.
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Dec 22 2017 12:39pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Dec 22 2017 06:51am)
I think it's kind of irrelevant if pitbulls are inherently more or less violent than other breeds. The damage that occurs is really what matters. Most people don't care about getting bit by little ankle-biter dogs because it's likely not life threatening. No demonization of pitbulls needs to occur for it to be realized that they present a bigger danger to humans than other breeds. The bloodshed does the talking.

Surely humans are at major fault with it comes to pitbulls attacking people, but society has to deal with the repercussions nonetheless. It is not unlike how gun "accidents [sic]" affect society. Guns don't just go off by themselves or fall into the hands of children. It happens due to negligence, irresponsibility, or sheer stupidity of humans. Similar to asshole dog owners. Just because some people are responsible dog owners, doesn't mean other people are. And this is the unfortunate reality we face.

For the record I'm an adamantly opposed to any form of demonization because it is dishonest by nature and misleading. I do not agree with what the media portrays. I do no condone propaganda. I'm simply pointing out some objective numbers.

I agree if you own a pitbull you need to be more aware of your animals behavior and capabilities. Its owners responsibility to make sure people arent put in to situations where that kind of damage can occur and which situations might cause an incident (Crying babies, kids with no boundary issues, etc).
Gold: 1,803.00
Dec 30 2017 12:45am
Quote (Forg0tten @ Nov 10 2017 08:12am)
Nice video. Tazering and kicking a dog left and right has always been the proper way to try and change the situation. It would certainly be safe to assume that the dog won't turn around and bite a human throat instead after such interventions.
Now, I'm no dog expert at all, but wouldn't it be easier to get the dog to widen his mouth by sticking something else between the teeth? I don't know, I can imagine I wouldn't feel too psyched to close my mouth if somebody stuffed a baseball bat in my throat. But that's me.

Pepper spray too. Video was sad. What appeared to be a couple of homeless dogs.

Also op, I have owned pit bull. Never attacked any of my family growing up, had her about 11 years with many younger siblings (I’m 20). Has of course randomly barked and gotten defensive from other people but many dogs do that.

This post was edited by tommyd323 on Dec 30 2017 12:47am
Gold: 4,200.69
Feb 21 2018 07:33pm
I own a pitbull and can tell you they are naturally aggressive against other animals because thats their instinct. You can socialize them alot and neuter them but thats their natural instinct.

On the other hand, they are very sweet and loving to humans. Unless you abuse them / mistreat them, just like any other animal including humans.
Gold: 420.00
May 14 2018 02:27pm
Quote (Pharaohmon @ Feb 21 2018 09:33pm)
I own a pitbull and can tell you they are naturally aggressive against other animals because thats their instinct. You can socialize them alot and neuter them but thats their natural instinct.

On the other hand, they are very sweet and loving to humans. Unless you abuse them / mistreat them, just like any other animal including humans.

I agree sir.
Gold: 10,153.69
Jul 14 2018 12:14am
Quote (LolV @ Apr 29 2017 09:52am)
Are they all inherently violent?
I saw this disturbing video....and I never want to own a pitbull.

er...i prob shouldn't post video but

youtube pitbull vs husky and it's the one where you see a huge mob in the thumbnail trying to break them apart.

Your dumb and no
Gold: 8,290.88
Oct 4 2018 09:16am
German Shephard > Pit Bull, Rottweiler & Doberman Pinscher
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Nov 13 2018 01:19pm
Quote (LolV @ Apr 29 2017 09:52am)
Are they all inherently violent?
I saw this disturbing video....and I never want to own a pitbull.

er...i prob shouldn't post video but

youtube pitbull vs husky and it's the one where you see a huge mob in the thumbnail trying to break them apart.

>inherently violent
all dogs are.
pitbulls and dobermans are far from a violent type dog, they're not nearly as aggressive as a lot of dog breeds.
rots are more aggressive. all 3 aren't even in the top 10 for aggression, though.
rots & pits are very big "dummy head" dogs, they're silly and stupid, that's the only thing you'll get from genetics. the rest are up to you (the owner/trainer)
dobermans are smart and crafty.

Quote (CallMeFresh @ Jul 13 2018 11:14pm)
Your dumb and no

you're *

This post was edited by 2Cents on Nov 13 2018 01:19pm
Gold: 3.37
Jan 24 2019 03:55pm
Never met a violent dog in my life.

-e

Except tiny breeds, I dont count them, they aren't really dogs

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Jan 24 2019 03:56pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 30 2019 08:38am
I’ve never met a vicious pit bull. All the pit bulls in my area are the friendliest, snuggliest, and most obedient dogs. Chihuahuas though.. they’re little demons.
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll