Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.37
Aug 3 2017 06:42am
does your doberman roundhouse kick?

http://imgur.com/ZxZkxa0
Gold: 23.23
Aug 3 2017 02:37pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 29 2017 01:15pm)
Pit bulls were originally bread, cross bread from different breads, to be fighting dogs. It's in their nature to kill. It's instinct, and that's the truth. People like to say 'it's all about the owner'..... no chance, instinct always trumps that.

Pit bulls and rottweilers were original breed as baby sitters wtf are you talking about nick?

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/pitbulls-used-be-considered-perfect-nanny-dogs-children-until-media-turned-them

This post was edited by Gratuitous on Aug 3 2017 02:41pm
Gold: 724.50
Aug 5 2017 04:44pm
This fuckin' guy needs to be in here. Somewhere.

'Cause no way this ain't a troll post.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2017 07:51am
Quote (EmericAn @ May 20 2017 06:52pm)
It's not an opinion kid. It's fucking science

you are an idiot if you think a dogs instinct is to kill. even a pitbulls. dogs are not carnivores. dogs eat everything. unlike cats who actually have an instinct to kill.
dogs have been domesticized for hundres of years by now.
pitbulls kill more people BECAUSE people use them to dogfight. BECAUSE they often are trained to bite. i would bet that 0 out of 100 well raised dogs, of any breed will EVER injure anyone.

it is, and always will be, 100% fault of the handler, owner or injured person PERIOD

making excuses for humans being fucking morons.
seems like that is what this society has finally come to.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2017 07:53am
Quote (EmericAn @ Jun 28 2017 12:05am)
They were bread to kill bulls

yes yes. a dog bread to kill a bull. right. so explain why it takes at least 2 LIONS to kill a fucking GNU? holy shit, i have to leave this site, immediately. enough internet for today.
Gold: 421.95
Warn: 10%
Oct 17 2017 08:46am
Quote (unclebenz86 @ Oct 17 2017 05:53am)
yes yes. a dog bread to kill a bull. right. so explain why it takes at least 2 LIONS to kill a fucking GNU? holy shit, i have to leave this site, immediately. enough internet for today.

:rofl:
Gold: 6,723.69
Nov 10 2017 07:12am
Nice video. Tazering and kicking a dog left and right has always been the proper way to try and change the situation. It would certainly be safe to assume that the dog won't turn around and bite a human throat instead after such interventions.
Now, I'm no dog expert at all, but wouldn't it be easier to get the dog to widen his mouth by sticking something else between the teeth? I don't know, I can imagine I wouldn't feel too psyched to close my mouth if somebody stuffed a baseball bat in my throat. But that's me.
Gold: 106.01
Nov 10 2017 08:29am
Not gonna get into the whole breed or owner controversy with these dogs

However I will say that at my local dog park on the big dog side there is over 50% pitbulls

At first I was kind of hesitant because I have a female Shiba Inu puppy and have heard of the bigger dogs being rough

The pitbulls play with her the best out of all the dogs. Granted we live in a highly educated area with high median income so that probably makes a difference with the owners

Again cannot stress it enough. From other puppies to full grown adults they are the ones who play best period. They are always friendly willing to play, give a lot of chase, and whenever they do get her and try to bite her they always know their limits and have never left any saliva or her neck hair matted, or actually bite down

Other seemingly friendly dogs tug her around by the collar sometimes or just full on bite around her throat and leave her soaked in doggy spit. Not to mention the owners of these dogs think their dogs aren't doing anything wrong and never have their behavior corrected by their owners when they misbehave

You would be hard pressed to find a pit owner that isn't looking out of the corner of his eye what his dog is doing and making sure they are behaving and correcting any bad behavior

That being said, it is still in their nature as already stated, but the owner plays a tremendous part. So regardless whenever I take my smaller dog to the large side of the dog park I'm always watching closely because it just takes one snap for any large dog to hurt something smaller than them

Personally the experiences I've had since owning this puppy have changed my perspective on pitbulls, and a lot of other dogs

This post was edited by PurpleBuds on Nov 10 2017 08:31am
Gold: 40.64
Dec 19 2017 02:46pm
Anybody denying that pit bulls are not inherently more dangerous or more inclined to attack and kill humans.. is probably a misinformed dog lover. Your OPINION is irrelevant. My OPINION is irrelevant. The numbers do the talking, not bleeding hearts.

Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total dog population in the US but are the cause of 70% to 80% of dog bite-related human fatalities.

2016 fatal dog attacks by breed

And incase you havent been watchingn the news recently, a young woman was recently killed by her two pits. There is some gruesome details in this article so don't read it if you want to stay in lala-land... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/12/19/people-couldnt-believe-two-dogs-killed-their-owner-so-the-sheriff-described-the-horror/
To be clear I am not sharing this article to paint ALL pit bulls with a broad brush. It's a recent event and is still under investigation. But it thought I'd share it to highlight what CAN happen.

Now I'm sure some pit bull owners have a very sweet dog that wouldn't harm a fly. Ok good for you. Your dog does not excuse statistical evidence.
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Dec 21 2017 04:41pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Dec 19 2017 02:46pm)
Anybody denying that pit bulls are not inherently more dangerous or more inclined to attack and kill humans.. is probably a misinformed dog lover. Your OPINION is irrelevant. My OPINION is irrelevant. The numbers do the talking, not bleeding hearts.

Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total dog population in the US but are the cause of 70% to 80% of dog bite-related human fatalities.

2016 fatal dog attacks by breed
https://www.dogsbite.org/img-fatality/2016-dog-bite-fatality-chart.gif

And incase you havent been watchingn the news recently, a young woman was recently killed by her two pits. There is some gruesome details in this article so don't read it if you want to stay in lala-land... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/12/19/people-couldnt-believe-two-dogs-killed-their-owner-so-the-sheriff-described-the-horror/
To be clear I am not sharing this article to paint ALL pit bulls with a broad brush. It's a recent event and is still under investigation. But it thought I'd share it to highlight what CAN happen.

Now I'm sure some pit bull owners have a very sweet dog that wouldn't harm a fly. Ok good for you. Your dog does not excuse statistical evidence.

Pitbull attacks end in fatalities because of their capacity to do damage, not because of their inherent violent nature. This reason in itself is not enough to justify demonization.
150 people get bitten by small dogs and 0 of them are reported, and then one person gets bit by a pitbull because the owner was an asshole and you see it on 150 news channels.
Pitbulls rank top tier for handling stress.

Quote (Forg0tten @ Nov 10 2017 07:12am)
Nice video. Tazering and kicking a dog left and right has always been the proper way to try and change the situation. It would certainly be safe to assume that the dog won't turn around and bite a human throat instead after such interventions.
Now, I'm no dog expert at all, but wouldn't it be easier to get the dog to widen his mouth by sticking something else between the teeth? I don't know, I can imagine I wouldn't feel too psyched to close my mouth if somebody stuffed a baseball bat in my throat. But that's me.

Its a common tool used by dog trainers to use a pry bar of some kind to pop open their jaw.
I think theyre called break sticks.

This post was edited by ChronFather420 on Dec 21 2017 04:45pm
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll