d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Anyone Loud? > Whos Pushin Numbers
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,055.90
Jun 14 2017 06:43am
Quote (eddsoulja @ Jun 14 2017 07:47am)
First off I'm not here to argue. No you're not going to win if you keep insisting the dd1 is good and useful. I'm here to try and stop misinformation being spread that happens way to much in the audio industry. From dd1s to 4th-6th order enclosures and all

Your missing the whole point. The dd1 gives people a false sense of safety. It's a good idea but t isn't practical and causes more problems than good. The same thing can be achieved by doing like i said. Therefore back to my original statement. The dd1 is useless and a waste of money. It's a tool used to trick noobs into thinking its useful and will save your system in order for a douche bag to make money. Also you said that you don't set gains with it then walk away... That's what its designed to do so therefore you aren't using it as intended and therefore its not needed... As for a 4th order box goes, why did you decide to go with that? What are you gaining? That a normal ported box won't give you(which is technically a 4th order as well btw)?

Well for one it's a "center console" build even thought it's monstrous.. was nice to have subs in the box rather then under it and box on feet, it's a single cab so that was part of it and the 4th was by far the most output when we plotted boxes that fit different ported boxes at different frequency and still the 4th was louder, ported got slightly lower with higher extension but I'm not really into playing too high in crossed at 60hz ATM so the 4th suits my needs. And I never had one.. something different I guess, we considered 6th order but didn't have nearly enough space without doing a blow through and I wasn't gonna cut the truck for 2 10s

Like I said I typically set gain by ear and verify there's not clipping on the dd1 ( if I had my zx1500 I would probably go to clipping and back down a hair because it's not too much for the subs)

There's really nothing wrong with using the dd1, I've never "heard" felt or smelled clipping as a result of using it, and like you say those are good indications of clipping, my understanding is that the dd1 will trip B4 most oscope (and yes I realize were only looking at one freq) but the gain is to match the input of the amplifier to the output voltage of the head unit.. isn't that what we just did with our 40hz tone? It may send different information but as long as your playing clean music it shouldn't clip..

I said earlier if the argument is it's price fuck yeah I'm with ya it's expensive for what it is, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it

This post was edited by TanKiE on Jun 14 2017 06:53am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 14 2017 06:55am
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 14 2017 07:43am)
Well for one it's a "center console" build even thought it's monstrous.. was nice to have subs in the box rather then under it and box on feet, it's a single cab so that was part of it and the 4th was by far the most output when we plotted boxes that fit different ported boxes at different frequency and still the 4th was louder, ported got slightly lower with higher extension but I'm not really into playing too high in crossed at 60hz ATM so the 4th suits my needs

Like I said I typically set gain by ear and verify there's not clipping on the dd1 ( if I had my zx1500 I would probably go to clipping and back down a hair because it's not too much for the subs)

There's really nothing wrong with using the dd1, I've never "heard" felt or smelled clipping as a result of using it, and like you say those are good indications of clipping, my understanding is that the dd1 will trip B4 most oscope (and yes I realize were only looking at one freq) but the gain is to match the input of the amplifier to the output voltage of the head unit.. isn't that what we just did with our 40hz tone? It may send different information but as long as your playing clean music it shouldn't clip..

It shouldn't clip @ 40hz ur right. You used it and didn't see or hear or feel anything so it must work right? It's a gimmick tool dude. Nothing it does is worth having it... Not sure how to explain it to you so you understand... Take whatever money you would waste by buying and using it and upgrade yoir system elsewhere. There is some interesting reads about it over on ssa forum. Steve Meade himself was on there defending it amd couldn't come up with a legitimate use for it as a argument either. He left the forum because he couldn't delete any post amd the moderators refused to delete them for him unlike on his forum where he and his moderators delete tons of information to make them and thier products look better. Dudes ripping off noobs/people because he sells a tool that appears to work and do as intended. Which it does nothing that common sense doesn't do. Done arguing the topic not only will you still be clipping you spent x amount of money to do so.
Jun 14 2017 07:15am
Quote (eddsoulja @ Jun 14 2017 08:55am)
It shouldn't clip @ 40hz ur right. You used it and didn't see or hear or feel anything so it must work right? It's a gimmick tool dude. Nothing it does is worth having it... Not sure how to explain it to you so you understand... Take whatever money you would waste by buying and using it and upgrade yoir system elsewhere. There is some interesting reads about it over on ssa forum. Steve Meade himself was on there defending it amd couldn't come up with a legitimate use for it as a argument either. He left the forum because he couldn't delete any post amd the moderators refused to delete them for him unlike on his forum where he and his moderators delete tons of information to make them and thier products look better. Dudes ripping off noobs/people because he sells a tool that appears to work and do as intended. Which it does nothing that common sense doesn't do. Done arguing the topic not only will you still be clipping you spent x amount of money to do so.

Guess I'm clipping again too huh :unsure:

Np bro
Jun 14 2017 11:23am
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 14 2017 08:15am)
Guess I'm clipping again too huh :unsure:

Np bro

Exactly you are at some point no matter what you do.
Jun 14 2017 12:40pm
Quote (eddsoulja @ Jun 14 2017 01:23pm)
Exactly you are at some point no matter what you do.

read on htose threads, I think we can just agree that common sense leads to a longer equipment lifespan, and continue using our own methods :)
Jun 14 2017 05:05pm
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 14 2017 01:40pm)
read on htose threads, I think we can just agree that common sense leads to a longer equipment lifespan, and continue using our own methods :)

Quit promoting junk
Jul 6 2017 07:32am
bought x12 if anyone wants to buy the sa 10s they'll be available in the next few weeks with a fresh recone and a upgraded spider, bought a x12 for the old turd master, time to get lower

Gonna do 2.5ft3 @ 32hz for her, gonna be nice to not only get lower but have a smaller center console lol

I'm in south fl, don't figure many would want to ship but I do have the original boxes for them if u want to ship

This post was edited by TanKiE on Jul 6 2017 07:33am
Jul 6 2017 08:24am
forgot to mention friend of mine is supposed to be buying the l7s aswell so i told him he needed to get me 150$ (the recones are 70$ a piece) and i would order the recons and get them done, so maybe ill do a video of both... ill update u guys when ever i get the recones in

and might have already sold the 10s with the 4th order

This post was edited by TanKiE on Jul 6 2017 08:24am
Jul 9 2017 07:33am
Ok my zx1500 is for sale on eBay if anyone is interested

Fresh capacitors repaired by shane like 2 weeks ago
Jul 16 2017 07:59am
So I sold the zx1500 and the X12 (got 350 for it and paid 250 couldn't justify keeping it lol)

Also reduced the size of the sealed section slightly to hopefully increase my power handling a bit, and out the 4th back in for a final comparison, its shitty cause the 4th is louder but the ported box is louder lower, decisions decisions, buddy of mine has a nsv3 12 might just snag that and go ape shit
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll