d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Stupid Ladder Players Need To Read This
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 175.01
Apr 5 2017 12:11am
Compare all items with charm stats.
Your inventory is the baseline from which you modify your character. Your jewels follow, then your amulet and circlet.
If you do not get enough resist from the rares, you make up for it from charms.

For this reason, the stat values of level 30 caster items are as follows:
3 max damage/20 ar = 12 mana = 5% all resist
15 life = 3 frw = 5% faster hit recovery

frw is worth slightly more if it is from charms or str bugged gear.

With rare jewels, 15 mana = 10% all resist but with magic jewels, 20 mana = 15% all resist and any of the stats = 8 life
For this reason, your ideal caster jewels are not magic but rare.

9 dex/12 mana/10% all resist is, converted to charm stats, identical to a 9dex/15 all resist magic jewel because you can substitute a 15 life/12 mana sc for a 15 life/5 all resist sc.
However, the rare jewel is better because it gives the 5% res from your inventory, meaning you have that resist even when you swap weapons. That means you only need 10% resist from the swap as well to maintain the same resist.

Your ideal rare jewel, then, would be either a 9 dex/15 mana/10 all resist/40 cold resist or a 9 dex/8 life/10 all resist/40 cold resist or a 9dex/8 life/15 mana/10 all resist depending on how much value you personally place on life vs mana and whether you prefer 150 res at all times.

Under this same logic, a 15% all resist/15 max damage jewel is almost the same as an 18 max/10 all resist jewel, except with the magic jewel you receive an extra 20 ar from the extra fine charm.

Resistances can only be measured in multiples of 5
As an example, let's say you have a jewel with 9 dex, 8 mana, 9% all resist.
This is exactly the same as a 9 dex/8 mana/5% all resist jewel because the last 4% all resist does nothing for a finished character.

All important resistance modifiers besides the lower resist curse and rare amulets have their perfect variables as multiples of 5.
Cold mastery is -75 cold resist. Conviction is -75% fire/light/cold resist. Jewels are 10% or 15% all resist. Vmagi is 35% all resist. Boots are 40% single resist. Rings are 30% single resist.
The max resist is, again, a multiple of 5 and continues to be a multiple of 5 when you increase your max resist through hotspurs, hawkmail, infernostrides or darkglow.

For this reason, there is no significant difference between a pair of 35% tri resist boots and 39% tri resist boots. There is no significant difference between a 10% all resist jewel and a 14% all resist jewel.
Keep this in mind when choosing rare items and socket choices.

Build around your item swaps.
If your swap is a shield, make sure you have max block.
Do not use slow shields like tower shield on your swap, because any time you need to wsg is a time when you need to move your fastest.
Make sure you always hit max resist on both swaps.
Socket your tele staffs with resist jewels, and make sure you still have 150% cold resist with the staff.
If you rely on % damage to mana from your shield, make sure your swap has % damage to mana as well.

Reduce all stats to life, mana, damage value.
Another way to say this is "string of ears is always better"

Going by caster setups, let's take a 100% perfect rare belt. 24 fhr/60 life/5 rep life/20 mana/30 light resist/30 cold resist.
Vs a 15/15 string of ears.

24 fhr = 5 fhr scs = 65 life
5 rep = replace a pskull with a perf ruby
30% dual res = replacing 4x single res charms with 4x single res charms in stash (or 6x all res scs)

That brings the value of a 100% perfect rare belt to 171 life/68 mana. It lets you hit 150 cold res vs blizz or 150 lr vs foh but not both at once.
However, you lose 19% mana regen from taking off the pskull.

String of ears adds 15% dr and 15 mdr. If you have 1200 life the 15% dr alone makes it better than the rare belt, only getting better in longer duels as rep increases your effective life pool.
The mdr can also end up adding hundreds more life per duel than the rare belt.

Build around your hardest winnable matchups, not your easy or losing matchups.
Trap loses to bow. Druid loses to firewall. Riox loses to people 12 levels lower than him.

A bowa does not need to keep gear in stash to counter trapper because he will already win more than half of his duels either way
A trap does not need to keep gear in stash to counter bowa because he will still lose more than half of his duels either way
Riox does not need to keep gear in stash because he will still get omnislashed by an 18

How much can be worth shield with chance of parade?
Help

Rep life is worth more if you have mitigation
Energy shield, dr, mdr, dr% make each point of life worth more. Rep is more effective on characters with mitigation because each point of life healed blocks more damage than it would on a character without mitigation.

This post was edited by Worrywart on Apr 5 2017 12:24am
Apr 5 2017 12:16am
Necro summon:

+2 summon/20 fcr/life or 2os circlet, socket ruby
+2 summon/10 fcr/life amulet
vmagi ruby
+2 summon/deflecting shield, high block base, socket 9 dex/15 all res
+2 summon/2os wand or 1 summon/3 skele/3 skele mastery wand, socket 9 dex/15 all res
soj
soj
bloodfist
cow king boots
string of ears
swap: 20fcr/teleport. socket 8 life/15 all res or 8 life/40 cold res

inventory: 15 life/5 all res, 15 life/20 defense. You can use a few 15 life/12 mana if you wand but it isn't necessary.
Merc: eth insight partizan, eth peasant crown socketed 20 ed/str/dex jewel, eth 4os armor with 4x 20 ed/str/dex jewels

skills: max out skeleton, 1 into amp, 1 into golem, 1 into skele mages, rest into skele mastery.

because your char relies entirely on teleport, cow kings are better than sanders.

Hits 75 fcr/1200 life/one billion damage and kills everyone who is stupid.

This post was edited by Worrywart on Apr 5 2017 12:17am
Apr 5 2017 12:21am
Paladin libby

+2 defensive aura/2os circlet, socket ruby
+2 defensive aura/10 fcr/life amulet
vmagi or spirit shroud (Doesn't matter)
soj
soj
string of ears
spirit dimensional blade
spirit
swap insight partizan
string of ears
sander's

1 hard point into meditation. Make sure you hit 15 rep life.
Your effective healing with medi on is the same as having 80 life rep but it still conforms to east's gm rules.
Apr 5 2017 12:31am
tvt nec (also known as "the only way poison necro would ever be good")

+2 curse/20fcr/30 frw circ, socket skull
+2 curse/10fcr/life rep ammy
vmagi
spirit or 2 curse/+3 poison nova/20fcr wand
+2 curse/deflecting/+3 poison nova shield
soj
soj
magefat glove
sander
swap: tele stick fcr

If you dont get +3 lower res on wand or shield you'll need a hard point. Ideally you would have +5 lr on both.
Your job is less about casting poison nova and more about casting lower resist so that your teammates can kill people in one hit. Babysit your zon or trapper.

This post was edited by Worrywart on Apr 5 2017 12:31am
Apr 5 2017 12:33am
I like men
Gold: 1,011.71
Apr 5 2017 01:13am
Quote (Worrywart @ Apr 4 2017 11:33pm)
I like men

Only thing here that was worth the read
Apr 5 2017 01:30am
Quote (Avenged123 @ Apr 5 2017 03:13am)
Only thing here that was worth the read

U died not me
Gold: Locked
Apr 5 2017 01:39am
I actually wanna try the summon lol
Gold: 2,255.00
Apr 5 2017 01:43am
Quote (Worrywart @ Apr 5 2017 01:11am)
Resistances can only be measured in multiples of 5

As an example, let's say you have a jewel with 9 dex, 8 mana, 9% all resist.
This is exactly the same as a 9 dex/8 mana/5% all resist jewel because the last 4% all resist does nothing for a finished character.

kinda. you need to look at your gear as a whole before you do that assumption. its a 10@ res jewel if you have an ammy with 11@ res on it. *total* resistances should only be measured in multiples of 5, and thats slightly more accurate while still keeping the same idea you're trying to convey

i have to pull picky shit like that out. cant help myself.

also, how many people pm you for silly lld shit that you need to write this? cuz i shut that shit down years ago. if it goes to pm, its nothing more than specific clarification on minor questions, and you better be the most polite motherfucker in the world or i just troll like hell.

Quote (JeW_ @ Apr 5 2017 02:39am)
I actually wanna try the summon lol

he has some videos of it essentially 1 shotting bowas and such. its quite funny, imo. bm as hell, but still hilarious.

This post was edited by meegz1 on Apr 5 2017 01:44am
Gold: Locked
Apr 5 2017 02:17am
Quote (meegz1 @ Apr 5 2017 01:43am)
kinda. you need to look at your gear as a whole before you do that assumption. its a 10@ res jewel if you have an ammy with 11@ res on it. *total* resistances should only be measured in multiples of 5, and thats slightly more accurate while still keeping the same idea you're trying to convey

i have to pull picky shit like that out. cant help myself.

also, how many people pm you for silly lld shit that you need to write this? cuz i shut that shit down years ago. if it goes to pm, its nothing more than specific clarification on minor questions, and you better be the most polite motherfucker in the world or i just troll like hell.

he has some videos of it essentially 1 shotting bowas and such. its quite funny, imo. bm as hell, but still hilarious.

I just know the gear will be hard. Probably no one keeping summon stuff
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic