d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev1442443444445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Nov 26 2020 06:07pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 26 Nov 2020 18:05)
I guess you know as much as your memes arguing that masks are useless against covid.

Heard this from a real reporter in my real national news: He's trying to protect himself when he will no longer have immunity: he will probably pardon many others.

Oh, I didn't post scientific papers... I didn't vote nobel prize winning Virologist either... Man, you literally skip over anything you don't like and expect me and anyone else to skip read just the same..

Sorry. We think for ourselves, we don't ask CNN or NYT how were supposed to feel today.
Gold: 260.11
Nov 26 2020 06:09pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 26 2020 05:45pm)
I don't know what that means.

It would've been wrong for Flynn or Trump to make those asks publicly as well. Asking foreign governments to take certain actions is inappropriate if you are a transition official.

Of course it depends on how specific they are.

A very specific policy action that directly undermines the current administration and after they are confirmed ss elect will have the most scrutiny
Gold: 633.87
Nov 26 2020 06:26pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 26 2020 06:45pm)
I don't know what that means.

It would've been wrong for Flynn or Trump to make those asks publicly as well. Asking foreign governments to take certain actions is inappropriate if you are a transition official.

You don't know what what means?

Politicians do this all of the time, whether it's with respect to ending wars or negotiating with enemies. If this is "inappropriate", then the entire political establishment is inappropriate. I am asking you to explain why you think this specifically is egregious, "it's not appropriate" is not an argument.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Nov 26 2020 06:41pm)
Because politicians always make promises in public they don't intend to or can't keep. That's a wholly different standard from communicating specific intentions and negotiating exchanges with specific foreign actors.

I know you know that foreign policy isn't conducted on public but when it comes to Trump your knowledge all goes out the door when its inconvenient

Politicians make promises in private that they don't intend to and/or can't keep.

Russia was planning retaliatory action against the United States for sanctions that Trump was absolutely going to revoke, and what Flynn did was ask that Russia be cognizant of the coming change in power. That is the preferred outcome. The alternative was repercussions against Americans to no one's benefit. In order for the hand-wringing to be taken seriously, we need to understand how Flynn's actions were causing significant harm. It is not that they were undermining Obama policy, because Obama's policy had already been fatally undermined. He lost a federal election and his party had been driven out of power.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Nov 26 2020 06:26pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 26 2020 06:31pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Nov 26 2020 07:26pm)

Politicians do this all of the time, whether it's with respect to ending wars or negotiating with enemies. If this is "inappropriate", then the entire political establishment is inappropriate. I am asking you to explain why you think this specifically is egregious, "it's not appropriate" is not an argument.

I don't know what it means that Hillary thought the markings were in alphabetical order.

I've already explained why I believe transition officials engaging in diplomacy is wrong.
Nov 26 2020 06:35pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 26 Nov 2020 18:26)

Politicians make promises in private that they don't intend to and/or can't keep.

Russia was planning retaliatory action against the United States for sanctions that Trump was absolutely going to revoke, and what Flynn did was ask that Russia be cognizant of the coming change in power. That is the preferred outcome. The alternative was repercussions against Americans to no one's benefit. In order for the hand-wringing to be taken seriously, we need to understand how Flynn's actions were causing significant harm. It is not that they were undermining Obama policy, because Obama's policy had already been fatally undermined. He lost a federal election and his party had been driven out of power.

Well, for starters there's an entire tab on Wikileaks related to HCs emails.... So they aren't National Security emails, but when Wikileaks drops them we find out they actually are... And very private... Why are they talking about eating little kids (names and ages included in the email)... You should probably look at things that are related to the topic deeper.

Msm is not doing you any justice... Ever heard of anything on Wikileaks being proven fake?
Nov 26 2020 06:43pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 26 2020 07:31pm)
I don't know what it means that Hillary thought the markings were in alphabetical order.

I've already explained why I believe transition officials engaging in diplomacy is wrong.

I ran through a day's worth of posts and can't find anything that is not a rehash of "it's inappropriate".

Hillary thought the "C" was alphabetical, and thus not a reference to "Confidential". There wasn't an "A" or "B" that I'm aware of, which makes the entire excuse implausible. It is really curious that our expert investigators in the FBI failed to follow up on this of all things. But then again, they've made several of these missteps. They made sure to sit down Flynn without a lawyer, they made sure to sit down Clinton with a lawyer. They mishandled evidence, or allowed evidence to be destroyed. The facts in this case are pretty unambiguous.
Nov 26 2020 06:45pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 26 Nov 2020 18:43)
I ran through a day's worth of posts and can't find anything that is not a rehash of "it's inappropriate".

Hillary thought the "C" was alphabetical, and thus not a reference to "Confidential". There wasn't an "A" or "B" that I'm aware of, which makes the entire excuse implausible. It is really curious that our expert investigators in the FBI failed to follow up on this of all things. But then again, they've made several of these missteps. They made sure to sit down Flynn without a lawyer, they made sure to sit down Clinton with a lawyer. They mishandled evidence, or allowed evidence to be destroyed. The facts in this case are pretty unambiguous.

Any grunt with a security clearance knows what C means... Let alone the secretary of state... Give me a break. I'm not that gullible.
Nov 26 2020 07:43pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Nov 26 2020 07:43pm)

Because the American people elect a president for four years, there's only one administration at a time, therefore officials not yet in power should not be making asks of foreign governments. They can express their opinions on issues, but making requests is inappropriate. This isn't really a controversial opinion... but with so many things in the Trump era, cultists have to pretend they've always believed otherwise on simple issues because it's what is required to defend the indefensible.

So the FBI is to blame because Flynn is a moron and Hillary isn't?
Nov 27 2020 05:22pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 26 2020 08:43pm)
Because the American people elect a president for four years, there's only one administration at a time, therefore officials not yet in power should not be making asks of foreign governments. They can express their opinions on issues, but making requests is inappropriate. This isn't really a controversial opinion... but with so many things in the Trump era, cultists have to pretend they've always believed otherwise on simple issues because it's what is required to defend the indefensible.

So the FBI is to blame because Flynn is a moron and Hillary isn't?

The reality is that it's not nearly so black and white.

Every incoming administration connects with foreign officials. Every administration makes their policy positions clear. Every administration sends signals as to what they're going to do in office.

Flynn asked Russia not to retaliate as a gesture of goodwill. There is nothing controversial about it. It's a partisan talking point and a poor one.
Dec 1 2020 05:05pm
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/special-counsel-barr-durham-fbi/index.html

(CNN)Attorney General William Barr appointed Connecticut US Attorney John Durham to act as special counsel investigating whether intelligence and law enforcement violated the law in investigating the 2016 Trump presidential campaign.

The announcement on Tuesday doubles down on one of President Donald Trump's longtime infatuations -- that national security and criminal concerns about his campaign and Russia in 2016 sullied the legitimacy of his election and presidency -- and leaves a political bomb ticking for President-elect Joe Biden and his new attorney general.

The appointment virtually ensures Durham keeps his investigation going and allows Republicans to keep some political focus on Trump's accusations of a "witch hunt" and the former government officials he despises.

Durham's has issued no public report and has brought only one criminal charge of a minor FBI lawyer since it began in mid-2019.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1442443444445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll