d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Temporary Storage Space For Sent Messages
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 13 2017 09:59pm
a lot of scams happen due to players coming to an agreement via pm's. usually, the very last pm a user receives, is the game name. which means if you sent that game name, you rarely see anything in response. it is also very easy to forget to check the box. leaving you completely unable provide the needed evidence. i know this still would not give efficient proof in this scenario, as anyone could join said game after you sent pm, pretending to be the other user in trade. still, there are many scenarios that make or prevent storing sent messages. potentially losing info as different pm's of the same subject are replied to.

many of us deal with limited inbox space as it is. even if we do track sent messages, it can quickly get out of hand with any small issue that can arise.

a small temporary storage box of last 10 sent messages, could help a lot of people string together the missing pieces they need. even if those messages are cleared within 2 hours, it would give users ample time to discover an issue and deal with it.
of course a better box than suggested would be nicer. i really think this could save a lot of headache and perhaps help clean the forums up some.
the small box would still give reason to pay monthly for a larger inbox. the messages could rotate out, keeping only the newest 10, instead of or in addition to a time-based expiration.

what you all think?
Gold: 20,232.06
Feb 13 2017 10:23pm
wat........................
if you're that worried, just save them..?
Admin
Gold: 172,310.00
Feb 13 2017 10:23pm
I like the idea, this would be like you said a time-based expiration with a message cap of say 25. You would turn on a global setting to "automatically store sent messages".

Further features would include increasing the amount of pm's kept in the sent folder vs fg (monthly) and length they stay there before they auto delete vs fg (monthly).

Default: Everyone could get say the last 25 messages, and they last 14 days before they're auto deleted. This would increase to keeping the last 100 messages and they would last for 30 days if you were Verified.

Addons:
Increase storage size by 25 messages vs 150fg/month (would work the same as the LS Item Vault)
Increase storage time by 7 days vs 200fg/month (would work the same as the LS Item Vault)

Messages stored in your "Sent backup storage box" would NOT count towards your allotted pm slots.

--

Main reason why I like this is you would then have the messages required should you need them if a S/A case came up without needing to remember to click the save pm check box.
Gold: 455.10
Warn: 10%
Feb 13 2017 10:55pm
This sounds like a AMAZING idea!
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Feb 14 2017 02:30am
Quote (Kevin @ Feb 13 2017 11:23pm)
I like the idea, this would be like you said a time-based expiration with a message cap of say 25. You would turn on a global setting to "automatically store sent messages".

Further features would include increasing the amount of pm's kept in the sent folder vs fg (monthly) and length they stay there before they auto delete vs fg (monthly).

Default: Everyone could get say the last 25 messages, and they last 14 days before they're auto deleted. This would increase to keeping the last 100 messages and they would last for 30 days if you were Verified.

Addons:
Increase storage size by 25 messages vs 150fg/month (would work the same as the LS Item Vault)
Increase storage time by 7 days vs 200fg/month (would work the same as the LS Item Vault)

Messages stored in your "Sent backup storage box" would NOT count towards your allotted pm slots.

--

Main reason why I like this is you would then have the messages required should you need them if a S/A case came up without needing to remember to click the save pm check box.

It's like paying for pm insurance! :thumbsup:
I think it's a great idea.

This post was edited by Phyerox on Feb 14 2017 02:30am
Gold: 9,054.00
Feb 14 2017 02:41am
Yes but I feel like it should be free.
Comments so far refer to fg payments so I voted no.
The ones that often get scammed are the ones with little trading experience and may not be able to donate to the site on a monthly basis. Of course one could argue to use a mediator to be on the safe side and I would only agree.

Perhaps we should be given the option to reduce our pm box to 40 and have 10 sent messages being saved as an alternative to FG payments. An easy fix would be to "Save the Sent Message* by default but the rotation feature would save a lot of time.

Edit: I would even suggest to make this a default setting to all users and they can adjust it as they wish. This could truely be a great tool for the S/A forum and PVP tournaments.

This post was edited by Joe_Spy on Feb 14 2017 02:51am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 14 2017 02:47am
for fg? no.
Admin
Gold: 172,310.00
Feb 14 2017 08:16am
You didn't read my post did you? It would be free, you only pay if you want more space / more time.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 14 2017 08:36am
I did, I read the third line too quickly.
Gold: 381.00
Feb 14 2017 08:45am
kevin has only suggested an improved idea, the base is still there though. so i approve fully, although that matters none.
he still has this suggested as free, but with an even greater addition if you feel the desire to pay for it.
even his "free" temporary box is much greater than i imagined would ever be implemented.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll