d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Black Desert > Free Black Desert Online Passes
Prev12
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,071.62
Feb 12 2017 09:20am
Quote (little_foot @ Feb 1 2017 05:06am)
these are for a 7 day trial.

game currently costs 10$ to buy it. no monthly subs there is a cash shop mostly for costumes and outfits. tho there are a few pay for convenience items like pets (auto Loots)

can only sell 5 cash shop items a week and its like 100$ for like 100M silver which wont get u far so hard to p2w in this game

nice joke hahah ^^

The leading guilds are leading because of 500+ $ each a month ... xp = win in this game and this is achieved by running with pay 2 winners and xp potions.

To start, the game is really not p2w ... but the endgame gets more and more p2w
Gold: 0.22
Feb 13 2017 09:54am
Quote (Dark_Lagencie @ Feb 12 2017 11:20am)
nice joke hahah ^^

The leading guilds are leading because of 500+ $ each a month ... xp = win in this game and this is achieved by running with pay 2 winners and xp potions.

To start, the game is really not p2w ... but the endgame gets more and more p2w

lol, its not p2w, the only broken thing with pearl is the guillie suit and the rest is fine, 10% xp isnt that much honestly and xp pots can be crafted with alchemy.
this game is not p2w but its really time consuming.
Feb 13 2017 10:13am
http://www.pcgamer.com/black-desert-online-players-protest-pay-to-win-changes-with-in-game-picket-signs/

there where even mega ingame pay 2 win protests

Guillie which is the most p2w part in this game - as t he game is 95% pvp
Instant Revives without xp loss (especially in higher levels without this and the always on pvp it is highly impossible to go on as f2p player (as long as the server isnt dead and you can free farm because there just isnt any pvp))
Horse Breed Count
Costume Buffs
Maids
Value Pack
4 upgraded Pets
Armor Upgrades can be done way faster and easier with $$$ than without which also pushes you to the edge of payer wall, where a f2p player cant really kill you anymore

The game is all about time, xp and pvp ... and all those things you can buy advantages over others ...

As said it doesnt feel as p2w once you get into it .. but you know it is p2w once you are very deep into the game and get rect because of exactly this time factors. As there is no "i just play 3 weeks longer to achieve the same" because you will always be behind making a payer wall and a f2p "soft-cap" wall.

This post was edited by Dark_Lagencie on Feb 13 2017 10:16am
Feb 13 2017 02:01pm
Quote (Dark_Lagencie @ Feb 13 2017 12:13pm)
http://www.pcgamer.com/black-desert-online-players-protest-pay-to-win-changes-with-in-game-picket-signs/

there where even mega ingame pay 2 win protests

Guillie which is the most p2w part in this game - as t he game is 95% pvp
Instant Revives without xp loss (especially in higher levels without this and the always on pvp it is highly impossible to go on as f2p player (as long as the server isnt dead and you can free farm because there just isnt any pvp))
Horse Breed Count
Costume Buffs
Maids
Value Pack
4 upgraded Pets
Armor Upgrades can be done way faster and easier with $$$ than without which also pushes you to the edge of payer wall, where a f2p player cant really kill you anymore

The game is all about time, xp and pvp ... and all those things you can buy advantages over others ...

As said it doesnt feel as p2w once you get into it .. but you know it is p2w once you are very deep into the game and get rect because of exactly this time factors. As there is no "i just play 3 weeks longer to achieve the same" because you will always be behind making a payer wall and a f2p "soft-cap" wall.

thats seriously the worst pc gamer article i read, why in the world would people protest prenium item getting in the game marketplace, i know some of them paid like 4k real money but its their problem !
btw i am not a PvP player, i love this game for all the crafting and exploring there is to do, i also didn't know about all thoses buffs, i heard about the xp bonus on costume and the outrageous guillie suit but i didn't think it was a big deal

also it looks like, how you are explaining it, that only the pvp part is p2w, idc really if its like that, some will rage and leave the game but others will finally take a look at what this game has to offer (not only pvp content).
Feb 13 2017 02:31pm
EVERY content in this game is PVP - because all the endgame areas are pvp areas ...

and the thing selling premium items ingame is what makes this part MEGA p2w, because people can upgrade their gear, which was before only possible by grinding, with selling real money for ingame money ... Making Upgrading Weapon and Armor stones really sold out for all this p2w players, which was the last part, that could only be done by playing and grinding ... now with $$$

Do you play Black Desert? ... From what you write it doesnt seem like you do - or you are still at the early stage of BDO
Feb 13 2017 07:34pm
i am not playing the game the same way as you, i craft and trade mostly.
i do PvE if i need to for mats, i am not a fan of combat, im more of a skiller.

and yeah, im at early stage of the game, the end game doesnt appeal me that much honestly, PvE looks bad at end game and i am not a good PvP player.
also i understand the prenium item now. but srsly i still think this game have a lot to offer without paying extra money for costumes and buffs.
but hey im a noob so what do i know
Gold: 65.20
Feb 24 2017 06:04pm
Quote (Dark_Lagencie @ Feb 13 2017 03:31pm)
EVERY content in this game is PVP - because all the endgame areas are pvp areas ...

and the thing selling premium items ingame is what makes this part MEGA p2w, because people can upgrade their gear, which was before only possible by grinding, with selling real money for ingame money ... Making Upgrading Weapon and Armor stones really sold out for all this p2w players, which was the last part, that could only be done by playing and grinding ... now with $$$

Do you play Black Desert? ... From what you write it doesnt seem like you do - or you are still at the early stage of BDO

Not sure what world you're living in but I'm rocking 230 AP level 60 without putting a dime into the game.

I also was in two top guilds before I went casual, the P2W elements you're talking about add 0 advantage and you're still capped WEEKLY by the AH pearl cap which equals a little less than 100mill for 120 bucks.

Farming pirates with Master 2 trading nets 15-18mill an hour, not including accessory drops.

Doing Gatekeeper groups also nets 100m a day with a successful run of channel swapping.

Go Back To Black Desert Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll