d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Ketogenic Diet > Scientific Discussion And Blog
Prev129303132Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 30 2019 09:04pm
Quote (sHOTdown @ Oct 30 2019 02:02pm)
I was curious about the Keto diet, been hearing about it a lot.

I am currently 28 years old weighing about 240-245 lbs. When I was in college and playing basketball constantly and minor weight training, I was around 180-185 lbs and far more muscular.

Wondering if I should start this diet, unfortunately i've lost motivation to workout, sometimes I will ride bike in the summer anywhere from 2-12 miles at a time.

Will this diet help someone who doesn't workout, also I eat a lot currently, will I be able to get full and stay full from doing this?

It works, but full keto is pricey and its a difficult transition. Most people are addicted to carbs and sugar.

First thing you want to do is learn 10 keto meals right away so you don't struggle daily.

When you're on keto, bike riding is probably the best thing you can do because its all endurance, you don't need glycogen/starch.
Gold: 453.00
Oct 31 2019 03:21am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Oct 30 2019 11:04pm)
It works, but full keto is pricey and its a difficult transition. Most people are addicted to carbs and sugar.

First thing you want to do is learn 10 keto meals right away so you don't struggle daily.

When you're on keto, bike riding is probably the best thing you can do because its all endurance, you don't need glycogen/starch.

Thank you, I will try to keep this in mind, next year I plan on taking my son with me and getting him to ride as well, he is only 9 and very much not fat, but seemingly getting lazier and lazier.
Gold: 100.00
Dec 6 2019 03:43pm
I've tried Keto and have found that 1) It's a lot more expensive than a normal diet 2) There is less food choices, mind you I didn't look a TON in various other areas, but from what I found it seemed to be less amounts of food you can eat since it has to have zero..or barely any carbs
Gold: 3.82
Dec 8 2019 12:04am
All the best and don’t let the temptations get to you
Gold: 700.70
Jan 31 2020 08:54pm
I'm currently using KETO diet plan myself. I've had other diet plans in the past and this is one of my favorite two. The other being changing simple carbs for complex carbs, eating only chicken/fish and avoiding pork and beef.

There were a lot of foods I didn't mind eating on that diet.
-Buckwheat pancakes + sugar free syrup
-Whole wheat pasta/bread
-Crystal Lite (This was my introduction to it. Now there are Koolaid squeeze / powder flavors that have 0 sugar and to me like the real thing.)
-Diet Soda
-No fruit juice (If I wanted orange juice, I ate an orange instead to fill the craving.)
After two-three weeks at the time I treated myself with a bottle of Orange Juice and weighed in 18lbs less after week three. I wasn't working out, I was full after every meal, and I was really just changing ingredients in the food / meals I would have normally ate if you think about it. (Not counting avoiding beef and pork, I don't remember why pork... I don't particularly remember or feel like it stays in your system like red meat does but I don't feel like it does, I just generally avoided this one as I don't feel like it was as healthy as chicken/fish.)

KETO though, I've had great success while remaining on the diet plan as well.
I'm currently only on day 7. I'm sure I'm not doing it to the best of it's meant potential by only counting my net carbs and focusing on that, but this alone has worked.

Two more goals to add once I've started to lose some weight and feel better:
-Quit smoking (I did this for 6 months and I think it was about 20 days last year.) I know this is just a mental thing, which is why it was the first thing I went to when I felt like the world was flipping upside down with stress. It's sad actually when I say it out loud or in this case typing it. I feel like this thought process is probably much like other drug users. (I've NEVER tried or taken anything strong than Ibuprofen. Just to clarify also: I don't have anything against friends or anybody that smokes pot other than it smells bad and seems to be expensive and I'm well aware cigarettes smell bad too and can become just as costly depending on use. LOL)
-Getting back into a workout routine. (Cardio has always been dreaded until I was about 1/2 mile into a run, no matter if it was 2 miles or 13.)

I feel like calorie counting would work the same as anything else if you made sure to have a dietary plan behind it but something about it just feels like there's too much freedom behind eating the wrong foods, or difficulty(from being lazy) in keeping up with a number that's 1,400 - 2,200 calories vs 20-25 Netcarbs. The old subway diet they advertised in the 90's(?) it was really just simple cutting out all the junk food that guy used to eat anyways in favor of something healthier than what he was currently eating. I'm satisfied with KETO diet, I do feel like it MUST be a lifestyle change in order for it to remain effective and the weight to stay off.

Anyways, it's neat to see JSP doing KETO... I think this has been my longest post (rant) ever non-d2 related, something about it just made me want to share. It's like we're in it together almost. I wish you all the best luck with your loss(es)!!!

Gold: 4.00
Warn: 40%
Feb 27 2020 02:51pm
Quote (Neurion @ Jan 31 2020 09:54pm)
I'm currently using KETO diet plan myself. I've had other diet plans in the past and this is one of my favorite two. The other being changing simple carbs for complex carbs, eating only chicken/fish and avoiding pork and beef.

There were a lot of foods I didn't mind eating on that diet.
-Buckwheat pancakes + sugar free syrup
-Whole wheat pasta/bread
-Crystal Lite (This was my introduction to it. Now there are Koolaid squeeze / powder flavors that have 0 sugar and to me like the real thing.)
-Diet Soda
-No fruit juice (If I wanted orange juice, I ate an orange instead to fill the craving.)
After two-three weeks at the time I treated myself with a bottle of Orange Juice and weighed in 18lbs less after week three. I wasn't working out, I was full after every meal, and I was really just changing ingredients in the food / meals I would have normally ate if you think about it. (Not counting avoiding beef and pork, I don't remember why pork... I don't particularly remember or feel like it stays in your system like red meat does but I don't feel like it does, I just generally avoided this one as I don't feel like it was as healthy as chicken/fish.)

KETO though, I've had great success while remaining on the diet plan as well.
I'm currently only on day 7. I'm sure I'm not doing it to the best of it's meant potential by only counting my net carbs and focusing on that, but this alone has worked.

Two more goals to add once I've started to lose some weight and feel better:
-Quit smoking (I did this for 6 months and I think it was about 20 days last year.) I know this is just a mental thing, which is why it was the first thing I went to when I felt like the world was flipping upside down with stress. It's sad actually when I say it out loud or in this case typing it. I feel like this thought process is probably much like other drug users. (I've NEVER tried or taken anything strong than Ibuprofen. Just to clarify also: I don't have anything against friends or anybody that smokes pot other than it smells bad and seems to be expensive and I'm well aware cigarettes smell bad too and can become just as costly depending on use. LOL)
-Getting back into a workout routine. (Cardio has always been dreaded until I was about 1/2 mile into a run, no matter if it was 2 miles or 13.)

I feel like calorie counting would work the same as anything else if you made sure to have a dietary plan behind it but something about it just feels like there's too much freedom behind eating the wrong foods, or difficulty(from being lazy) in keeping up with a number that's 1,400 - 2,200 calories vs 20-25 Netcarbs. The old subway diet they advertised in the 90's(?) it was really just simple cutting out all the junk food that guy used to eat anyways in favor of something healthier than what he was currently eating. I'm satisfied with KETO diet, I do feel like it MUST be a lifestyle change in order for it to remain effective and the weight to stay off.

Anyways, it's neat to see JSP doing KETO... I think this has been my longest post (rant) ever non-d2 related, something about it just made me want to share. It's like we're in it together almost. I wish you all the best luck with your loss(es)!!!

LOL DID YOU LITERALLY FAIL GRADE TWO?
WHEAT?
PANCAKES?
FRUITS?

do you even know what ketosis is?
Gold: 700.70
Feb 27 2020 02:54pm
This was in reference to the competition carbs diet plan vs keto diet... I didn't reread my ranting but it could have been difficult to follow, sorry about that.
21lbs down so far on Keto over the past 4weeks, really enjoying it now too.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 27 2020 03:08pm
Just eat w/e
Gold: 5.70
Feb 29 2020 04:34pm
works for me just hard to stick to, it's not really a great long-term diet
i drop about 15lbs then it levels out even though i know it *shouldn't*, but the weight comes back pretty slow so it's easy to cycle doing keto diet & if vs just if (intermittent fasting)
Gold: 519,500.76
May 10 2020 05:51pm
Quote (addone @ 27 Feb 2020 17:08)
Just eat w/e

this
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev129303132Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll