d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Ketogenic Diet > Scientific Discussion And Blog
Prev1234532Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Feb 6 2017 02:11pm
Quote (Gingey @ Feb 6 2017 12:30am)
1. i covered that. one carb day a week will prevent that, and a body's insulin resistance
2. idk where you heard that from, i've literally never had that problem
3. ^ i pooped just fine
4. i haven't had any weight gain since i stopped. it's easy to re-regulate your metabolism if you do a reset and go back to normal eating habits
5. this is complete fact it's super expensive

its only meant to be done for 2-3 months at a time at most

Your breath smeels like acetone (nail polish) because the human metabolic pathway for fat catabolism creates acetoacetic acid.

You poop fine if you have enough fats. If you eat too much protein, BAD things will happen.

Ive personally fought the cost by fasting most meals. It gets easy after the first few days. If this diet works to reach my target, im gunna stick to it forever.
Feb 7 2017 08:51am
Taco Recipe~

Secret to bangin Mexican food is salsa with fresh tomatoes and fresh squeezed lime, 1-2 limes for a good sized bowl of salsa, less for guac. Only other ingredients needed for salsa and guac are white onions and optional garlic for the guac.

For meat stick with chorizo, and use crunchy romaine lettuce wraps for the taco shells. Make sure the chorizo has no sugar added, etc.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2017 04:13pm
Quote (Gingey @ Feb 6 2017 04:30am)
1. i covered that. one carb day a week will prevent that, and a body's insulin resistance
2. idk where you heard that from, i've literally never had that problem
3. ^ i pooped just fine
4. i haven't had any weight gain since i stopped. it's easy to re-regulate your metabolism if you do a reset and go back to normal eating habits
5. this is complete fact it's super expensive

its only meant to be done for 2-3 months at a time at most

you don't smell it bro, everybody else does.. People who have ketones in their system smell bad, its not an opinion.

And if you're pooping fine, where are you getting your fiber from? Because when I did it "I did it for 1 year and lost around 120ish lbs, maybe more I cant remember.. check profile pics" I couldn't shit for days.. I might have shit once a week, I had to take stool softeners lol.

And yeah, it's easy to go back to YOUR normal.. And since YOUR normal got YOU fat, it's no good.. It's a great diet, it works awesome.. However, it doesn't teach you shit about how to realistically eat..

The best thing someone can do is to eat correctly and not fall into a fad.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Feb 6 2017 08:11pm)
Your breath smeels like acetone (nail polish) because the human metabolic pathway for fat catabolism creates acetoacetic acid.

You poop fine if you have enough fats. If you eat too much protein, BAD things will happen.

Ive personally fought the cost by fasting most meals. It gets easy after the first few days. If this diet works to reach my target, im gunna stick to it forever.

And ty for bringing up the fat part of this diet..

I work in an emergency department, and we had a patient come in a few weeks ago with severe RUQ pain.. Further examination determined that his gall bladder had ruptured.. He also had a high level of ketones in his urine..

Makes me wonder if he was on the ketogenic diet and owned his gall bladder.. Curious minds will never know :(

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Feb 7 2017 04:18pm
Gold: 32,161.71
Feb 7 2017 09:15pm
literature regarding the increased vs. decreased rate of gallbladder pathology is conflicted to date. the general consensus is while it doesn't seem to increase the incidence of cholelithiasis, patients with underlying cholelithiasis or gallbladder pathology who newly undergo this diet have an increased likelihood of developing cholecystitis in addition to ascending cholangitis - two life threatening conditions. literature regarding the longterm potential of the diet is also conflicted but reports seem to favor that it is sustainable with numerous health benefits going up to at least 5 years. beyond this timeframe is uncertain as there is an increased prevalence of endocrine abnormalities (particularly adrenal) associated with the diet at this time point.

Further examination determined that his gall bladder had ruptured.. He also had a high level of ketones in his urine..

ketones in urine can be present due to a NUMBER of reasons, not necessarily a ketogenic diet, commonly alcohol and da diabetes. while gallstones can be an etiology for gallbladder rupture, trauma is by far more common.

This post was edited by Bazi on Feb 7 2017 09:20pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 8 2017 06:38pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 8 2017 03:15am)
literature regarding the increased vs. decreased rate of gallbladder pathology is conflicted to date. the general consensus is while it doesn't seem to increase the incidence of cholelithiasis, patients with underlying cholelithiasis or gallbladder pathology who newly undergo this diet have an increased likelihood of developing cholecystitis in addition to ascending cholangitis - two life threatening conditions. literature regarding the longterm potential of the diet is also conflicted but reports seem to favor that it is sustainable with numerous health benefits going up to at least 5 years. beyond this timeframe is uncertain as there is an increased prevalence of endocrine abnormalities (particularly adrenal) associated with the diet at this time point.

ketones in urine can be present due to a NUMBER of reasons, not necessarily a ketogenic diet, commonly alcohol and da diabetes. while gallstones can be an etiology for gallbladder rupture, trauma is by far more common.

Wasn't BFS, and I'm well aware that ketones can be present in urine for plenty of reasons :rofl: I'm just making conversation.
Gold: 1,001.25
Trader: Trusted
Feb 11 2017 03:14am
Have you even been checking your blood sugar while doing this? Reason I'm asking is because I fear that with you being a diabetic that your blood sugar could get too low due to you cutting out carbs so drastically.

:unsure:
Gold: 258.00
Feb 12 2017 05:25am
if i can find the vid i will post it. Keto dieting is not in any way superior to a normal high protein mid carb mid/low fat diet. But first of all who the fuck is telling you 50g protein daily intake is all you need? if you do any type of exercising a 1:1 grams : lb bodyweight is essential. have fun repairing those muscles with 1600 cal worth of fats rofl. So the reasoning behind no diet being inherently superior to the other is because 90% of studies done do not control calories accurately. Yes ketosis uses more fats and less carbs causing you to feel fuller for longer, but on a non ketogenic diet with the same exact calorie intake your results will not differ much if any at all. the reason people advocate ketogenic diets over regular diets is because you have less of a chance to overeat when you consume a shitload of fats and protein (meats / eggs / nuts etc.) vs when you take in carbs regardless of their quality. carb intake -> blood sugar spike -> insulin spike -> low blood sugar -> release of Ghrelin = hungry again shortly after.
Feb 15 2017 06:37am
Quote (WGUS @ Feb 11 2017 05:14am)
Have you even been checking your blood sugar while doing this? Reason I'm asking is because I fear that with you being a diabetic that your blood sugar could get too low due to you cutting out carbs so drastically.

:unsure:

... as a diabetic my body cannot digest sugar on its own as it does not produce insulin. The blood sugar can only drop after injecting insulin for me. I used to use 100 international units of insulin drug injection per day, now I only use 16.
Gold: 57.00
Mar 15 2017 10:35am
upup
Gold: 21.54
Mar 16 2017 12:46pm
Paleo > Keto
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1234532Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll