d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Photography > First Livingmodel Shoot
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 992.66
Trader: Trusted
Dec 18 2016 06:49am
Hey all!

I got some pictures that I need to take, and I am not experienced in taking proffesional pictures.

I wonder if anyone here could help me out a little bit with some advice regarding my "studio" for this shooting?

Here is the rig, (appoligize for the bad drawing)

The picture might be taken at the evening aswell, would that be a bad idea? Could I use lamps as compensation? What color would be Necessary for the light?

I have access to large spotlights which they use to use at conserts and places like that, but in my opinion they don't seem to make so much light as necessary...
(this is a picture of the spotlights: http://us.123rf.com/450wm/ramcreative/ramcreative1601/ramcreative160100034/52182117-spotlights-med-starkt-ljus-p%C3%A5-transparent-bakgrund..jpg?ver=6 )

Should I have light behind the photoshoot curtains?

Is it a good idea to use the magic wand tool to remove the background later? I am afraid that the hair of the model will be a problem when trying this :/

How about the floor, I would like everything to be plain white, could a photoshoot curtain be enough or would it be trouble?

Also, what distance do I need at x and y ? :)

I'm sorry about listing questions like this, but if I would write this thread in a polite way it would probably take me a few hours, but I can assure you all that I appreciate your help :)
Gold: 10,059.57
Dec 20 2016 02:00am
I don't have experience shooting models, but I have 10 years experience in design. Try to avoid having to photoshop out peoples hair. It depends on the type of hair, but for the most part it is a pain in the ass.
Gold: 992.66
Trader: Trusted
Dec 20 2016 05:26am
Quote (ProStreet @ Dec 20 2016 01:00am)
I don't have experience shooting models, but I have 10 years experience in design. Try to avoid having to photoshop out peoples hair. It depends on the type of hair, but for the most part it is a pain in the ass.

haha, just what I was thinking, thanks for confirming :D

Thats why I wonder if its possible to get the hair trouble out of the way... in action, imo the camera should be able to focuss on the model and blur the screen enough to make it solid white :O
Go Back To Photography Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll