d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev1374375376
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
thesnipa
#3751 Sep 21 2020 11:22am
Group: Member
Gold: 198.48
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 12:10pm)
Wait, so the fact that only 409 cases have been reported since 2019 is unimportant?

If the police are all rapists in this 6.1 million person nation in Nigeria, and therefore rapes simply aren't going to be reported, then what use is the law?

And "so many of them"... Only 409 cases of rape/sexual assault reported since 2019. So they have so much on the court docket that something they deem worth of minimum castration, maximum castration then capital punishment doesn't even merit trial?

You're hurting your case, you're hurting your attempt to show your superior reading abilities, and failing to make any point at all, other than that you yourself can't read. Even in UNICEFs numbers nothing was stated about half of women being raped. That was specifically that telegraph article's claim, not borne out either by conviction, reports, or even polling by UNICEF.

no it's important because it shows how corrupt the courts are and how hopeless the people are, NOT because it can be used to guage total rapes. and i didnt say all cops are all the rapists.

you keep doing this thing idiots do, misreading something and going on a paragraph tangent. you also seem overly connected to math you're not equipped mentally to work out.

read more you idiot:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52889965

In Nigeria, it is not uncommon for rape to go unreported.
Some victims and their families, fearing stigmatisation, police extortion and a lack of trust in the judicial process, choose not to report cases to the authorities

Police accused of raping women
In 2019 in the capital Abuja, some women who were arrested during a police raid accused officers of raping them.
They said the police accused them of being sex workers and while they were at the police station, they were repeatedly raped by officers.

duh duh duh duh duh

complains pard is all about Trump, doesnt know shit about africa. shocker!
InsaneBobb
#3752 Sep 21 2020 11:44am
Gold: 16,341.28
According to rainn, brennancenter, and a whole host of others, upwards of 3 out of 4 rape cases in the US are not reported. Reasons listed are nearly identical. Statistics used to create the model are almost identical: Polling. Likewise, US police have been accused of raping victims, and distrust of police is another of the reasons given for not reporting. In fact, at a guess, I'd say if you look at the data for any given nation, you'll see something fairly identical.

Further, the article was about Kaduna State, not "Nigeria". It's one state/province in the nation. Among other things, it is a healthcare and educational hub, top in the overall nation, has far lower crime than much of greater Nigeria, with the highest risk being Islamic terrorism against entertainment centers. It's not exactly some war-torn third world shithole.

But nope, never been to Africa, so unlike some, I do my best not to judge a region with over six million people, judge all of their law enforcement and government, based on numbers that have no base in fact.

And given the number of people in this forum who're frequently shitposting complete nonsense they don't believe in, I tend to think there are more than a few armchair heroes here who would bravely mark themselves as female and "been raped multiple times and didn't report" just to help those stats.

Hint: Never expect anyone to believe worse about somebody based on thirdhand accounts of what they may possibly be like than they'd believe about you based on how you present yourself.
thesnipa
#3753 Sep 21 2020 11:53am
Gold: 198.48
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 12:44pm)
According to rainn, brennancenter, and a whole host of others, upwards of 3 out of 4 rape cases in the US are not reported. Reasons listed are nearly identical. Statistics used to create the model are almost identical: Polling. Likewise, US police have been accused of raping victims, and distrust of police is another of the reasons given for not reporting. In fact, at a guess, I'd say if you look at the data for any given nation, you'll see something fairly identical.

Further, the article was about Kaduna State, not "Nigeria". It's one state/province in the nation. Among other things, it is a healthcare and educational hub, top in the overall nation, has far lower crime than much of greater Nigeria, with the highest risk being Islamic terrorism against entertainment centers. It's not exactly some war-torn third world shithole.

But nope, never been to Africa, so unlike some, I do my best not to judge a region with over six million people, judge all of their law enforcement and government, based on numbers that have no base in fact.

And given the number of people in this forum who're frequently shitposting complete nonsense they don't believe in, I tend to think there are more than a few armchair heroes here who would bravely mark themselves as female and "been raped multiple times and didn't report" just to help those stats.

Hint: Never expect anyone to believe worse about somebody based on thirdhand accounts of what they may possibly be like than they'd believe about you based on how you present yourself.

so to an idiot:

"rapes in US also dont get reported" + "its only a state, not the whole nation" = "women will lie to get men castrated without a trial because rape numbers arent based in any fact"

i think i get it now, you have a sexually dicey past and are afraid it will all come out and you'll be castrated. because other than having a 39 IQ level thats the only thing that explains your gross incel rape apologist behavior.
duffman316
#3754 Sep 21 2020 01:29pm
Gold: 13.37
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 12:07pm)
So... A person should simply be castrated based on accusation alone since Nigeria? This is the part that confuses me.

I get that they have some laws that we wouldn't agree with, they allow things we may not see eye to eye with. They're a sovereign nation. They're allowed to be different. Not our business to dictate their policy. That's what "sovereign" means.

On the flipside, from my filthy, backwards, American perspective, I've seen too many rape accusations turn out to be 100% false, up to and including convictions that landed people in jail for a decade, with no consequence to the false accuser.

So, if you're going to castrate somebody, effectively ending their branch of the family tree, what level of due process do you believe should be required? This is where my hesitation comes in. Rape of an actual child (aka prepubescent) regardless of gender? Sure. Absolutely. Hell, down with the death sentence they have attached to that. The problem comes in where, okay, what if it's simply a couple teenagers and she ends up with next morning regrets? The fact that it's Nigeria makes them no less human.

Edit: Regarding reading things, "The rape of persons over 14 years will attract the same punishment barring the death sentence." AKA 14+ = castration. Simple stuff, really. Also reading things, "Since 2019, just 34 rape suspects have been convicted out of 409 reported cases, according to the country’s trafficking agency which publishes the sex offenders register." 409 reported cases of rape since 2019 in a population of 6.1 million seems lower than 25%.

You're taking your experiences in the culture and attitudes around sex and gender from america and applying to nigeria not understanding how messed up things are in 3rd world countries and why heavy handed approaches are warranted.
InsaneBobb
#3755 Sep 21 2020 01:34pm
Gold: 16,341.28
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 21 2020 12:29pm)
You're taking your experiences in the culture and attitudes around sex and gender from america and applying to nigeria not understanding how messed up things are in 3rd world countries and why heavy handed approaches are warranted.

I fully understand and even agree with the approaches. The laws are far more draconian in the first place, and crimes tend to be far more brutal.

The primary issue I have is what I stated. Given that specific state/province within Nigeria happens to be the educational capital, and crime in general (including rape) is lower than elsewhere, I can easily see a method of abuse. I'm mostly against handing power over one person to another. If it can be abused it will.

It's less a question of overlaying an Americanized version of culture and sex, and more a question of addressing human nature.
Tear
#3756 Sep 21 2020 07:21pm
Gold: 19.36
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 09:24am)
The level of troll is real with this one. At least see if the married man you're talking to is an incel first.

My concern is always going to be upholding the rights of all parties. Oddly, that 25% "rape or assault" number appears in the US as well. And yet you dig into the cases and it was consensual so often the caseload goes down by 90%.

It's kind of like the newfangled laws hereabouts that dictate that if a woman has been drinking, she cannot consent and so if you fuck, it's rape. Only 1 way though. Which is probably good. Given I'm never sober, I'd hate to think my wife is a rapist.

One-sided laws that allow for consensual acts to be criminalized should not be used to castrate people (or sentence them to death), don't you think? Especially when no true "rape" or "assault" has been committed? :)

I agree.

Don't break the law, and you'll almost 100% guarantee you'll never be killed by police or law enforcement lol.
pretty easy concept

anyone who thinks she was sleeping, or wasn't involved, or they were at the wrong house, or not understand what a no knock warrant is etc, is a sheep, and watches CNN or gets their information from memes on fb.
im tired of uneducated people, acting educated when it comes to certain matters.
excellence
#3757 Sep 24 2020 12:44pm
Gold: 2,217.00
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mary-trump-files-lawsuit-says-family-cheated-her-out-of-tens-of-millions-of-dollars

those book sales dont go so well when you appear on every media station to give a reading of said book

imagine attempting to call your family repugnant and then demand an even larger share of the family business :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1374375376
Add Reply New Topic New Poll