d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev1373374375376377528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 21 2020 09:27am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 10:24am)
The level of troll is real with this one. At least see if the married man you're talking to is an incel first.

My concern is always going to be upholding the rights of all parties. Oddly, that 25% "rape or assault" number appears in the US as well. And yet you dig into the cases and it was consensual so often the caseload goes down by 90%.

It's kind of like the newfangled laws hereabouts that dictate that if a woman has been drinking, she cannot consent and so if you fuck, it's rape. Only 1 way though. Which is probably good. Given I'm never sober, I'd hate to think my wife is a rapist.

One-sided laws that allow for consensual acts to be criminalized should not be used to castrate people (or sentence them to death), don't you think? Especially when no true "rape" or "assault" has been committed? :)

Nigeria's issues with rape dont come from an SJW organization in a university like the bogus American stats you're referencing, they come from UNICEF.

you're clearly mixing the two things up, because some SJWs made you mad. learn how to read stats better idiot.
Gold: 500.00
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 21 2020 09:49am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 21 2020 08:27am)
Nigeria's issues with rape dont come from an SJW organization in a university like the bogus American stats you're referencing, they come from UNICEF.

you're clearly mixing the two things up, because some SJWs made you mad. learn how to read stats better idiot.

There does come a point where you cross from simple trolling to flaming. I get that you're an angry little troll, but perhaps you should chill out a bit or simply stop posting.

To the point, I've read the actual UNICEF report. First and foremost, there are not convictions enough to support 25%. Second, it's self reported. They POLLED people, just like every other polling stat, to determine these numbers. Just like the college campus stats. According to their stats, 25% of females and 10% of males SELF-REPORTED sexual assault and/or rape. Included in those polled were the aptly named "child brides" which according to their laws could not be raped OR assaulted. Likewise, since it's effectively a #metoo style polling procedure, many could easily be reporting things that are not sexual assaults.

As I said, if a person is convicted of actual rape, I'm 100% in favor of castration. Sexual assault? Uh... Is it rape or not?

There's no SJW organization thing about this. This is irreversible consequences talk. So, if a person is going to be sentenced to an irreversible consequence, they must first be CONVICTED of an irreversible act.
Gold: 500.00
Sep 21 2020 09:59am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 11:49am)
There does come a point where you cross from simple trolling to flaming. I get that you're an angry little troll, but perhaps you should chill out a bit or simply stop posting.

To the point, I've read the actual UNICEF report. First and foremost, there are not convictions enough to support 25%. Second, it's self reported. They POLLED people, just like every other polling stat, to determine these numbers. Just like the college campus stats. According to their stats, 25% of females and 10% of males SELF-REPORTED sexual assault and/or rape. Included in those polled were the aptly named "child brides" which according to their laws could not be raped OR assaulted. Likewise, since it's effectively a #metoo style polling procedure, many could easily be reporting things that are not sexual assaults.

As I said, if a person is convicted of actual rape, I'm 100% in favor of castration. Sexual assault? Uh... Is it rape or not?

There's no SJW organization thing about this. This is irreversible consequences talk. So, if a person is going to be sentenced to an irreversible consequence, they must first be CONVICTED of an irreversible act.

Dude its nigeria
Sep 21 2020 10:06am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 10:49am)

you need to learn to read dumb dumb.

first u said "what if it's 17 year olds and the woman changes her mind"

Under Kaduna’s new code, males convicted of raping children under 14 will be surgically castrated and sentenced to death while female convicts will have their fallopian tubes removed before they are executed. The rape of persons over 14 years will attract the same punishment barring the death sentence.

under 14 idiot, learn to read.

then u said "and its just one way, no women"

read again idiot.

then u say "needs to be convictions"

read again idiot.

basically learn to read moron.
Sep 21 2020 10:07am
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 21 2020 08:59am)
Dude its nigeria

So... A person should simply be castrated based on accusation alone since Nigeria? This is the part that confuses me.

I get that they have some laws that we wouldn't agree with, they allow things we may not see eye to eye with. They're a sovereign nation. They're allowed to be different. Not our business to dictate their policy. That's what "sovereign" means.

On the flipside, from my filthy, backwards, American perspective, I've seen too many rape accusations turn out to be 100% false, up to and including convictions that landed people in jail for a decade, with no consequence to the false accuser.

So, if you're going to castrate somebody, effectively ending their branch of the family tree, what level of due process do you believe should be required? This is where my hesitation comes in. Rape of an actual child (aka prepubescent) regardless of gender? Sure. Absolutely. Hell, down with the death sentence they have attached to that. The problem comes in where, okay, what if it's simply a couple teenagers and she ends up with next morning regrets? The fact that it's Nigeria makes them no less human.

Edit: Regarding reading things, "The rape of persons over 14 years will attract the same punishment barring the death sentence." AKA 14+ = castration. Simple stuff, really. Also reading things, "Since 2019, just 34 rape suspects have been convicted out of 409 reported cases, according to the country’s trafficking agency which publishes the sex offenders register." 409 reported cases of rape since 2019 in a population of 6.1 million seems lower than 25%.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Sep 21 2020 10:13am
Sep 21 2020 10:13am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 11:07am)
So... A person should simply be castrated based on accusation alone since Nigeria? This is the part that confuses me.

I get that they have some laws that we wouldn't agree with, they allow things we may not see eye to eye with. They're a sovereign nation. They're allowed to be different. Not our business to dictate their policy. That's what "sovereign" means.

On the flipside, from my filthy, backwards, American perspective, I've seen too many rape accusations turn out to be 100% false, up to and including convictions that landed people in jail for a decade, with no consequence to the false accuser.

So, if you're going to castrate somebody, effectively ending their branch of the family tree, what level of due process do you believe should be required? This is where my hesitation comes in. Rape of an actual child (aka prepubescent) regardless of gender? Sure. Absolutely. Hell, down with the death sentence they have attached to that. The problem comes in where, okay, what if it's simply a couple teenagers and she ends up with next morning regrets? The fact that it's Nigeria makes them no less human.

Under Kaduna’s new code, males convicted of raping children under 14 will be surgically castrated and sentenced to death while female convicts will have their fallopian tubes removed before they are executed. The rape of persons over 14 years will attract the same punishment barring the death sentence.

learn to read. like maybe even learn to skim. paragraphs of "what if" and "what about" thats answered in the article for you......

u look dumb now bro

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 21 2020 10:13am
Sep 21 2020 10:18am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 21 2020 09:13am)
learn to read.

Learn to read yourself. Removed the flame aspect of your post (all flaming reported btw):

Edit: Regarding reading things, "The rape of persons over 14 years will attract the same punishment barring the death sentence." AKA 14+ = castration. Simple stuff, really. Also reading things, "Since 2019, just 34 rape suspects have been convicted out of 409 reported cases, according to the country’s trafficking agency which publishes the sex offenders register." 409 reported cases of rape since 2019 in a population of 6.1 million seems lower than 25%.

Not only are your posts irrelevant, you directly quoted the sentence for rapes over the age of 14: Castration. It's right there in the quote. You're not stupid. You can read. If all you want to do is flame, take it elsewhere.
Sep 21 2020 10:45am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 21 2020 11:18am)
Learn to read yourself. Removed the flame aspect of your post (all flaming reported btw):

Not only are your posts irrelevant, you directly quoted the sentence for rapes over the age of 14: Castration. It's right there in the quote. You're not stupid. You can read. If all you want to do is flame, take it elsewhere.

is there a reason you keep talking about reporting as if those numbers mean something dumb dumb?

its a 3rd world country where the people have no faith in the courts of police, and dont bother to report. hell many of the police are rapists. its an utterly corrupt hellhole where over half of the women who live there will be raped during their lives.

but sure, keep on making arguments as if its a couple of freshman year co-eds where the fickle woman changes her mind. its nigeria idiot, not Kent state rush week....

you're right i missed the under/over 14 bit, and u missed the more important conviction bit and made up 3 pages of fantasies based on accusation. plus this new law only applies to a court that largely doesnt even bother to try cases because there's so many of them.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 21 2020 10:46am
Sep 21 2020 11:10am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 21 2020 09:45am)
its a 3rd world country where the people have no faith in the courts of police, and dont bother to report.

you're right i missed the under/over 14 bit, and u missed the more important conviction bit and made up 3 pages of fantasies based on accusation. plus this new law only applies to a court that largely doesnt even bother to try cases because there's so many of them.

Wait, so the fact that only 409 cases have been reported since 2019 is unimportant?

If the police are all rapists in this 6.1 million person nation in Nigeria, and therefore rapes simply aren't going to be reported, then what use is the law?

And "so many of them"... Only 409 cases of rape/sexual assault reported since 2019. So they have so much on the court docket that something they deem worth of minimum castration, maximum castration then capital punishment doesn't even merit trial?

You're hurting your case, you're hurting your attempt to show your superior reading abilities, and failing to make any point at all, other than that you yourself can't read. Even in UNICEFs numbers nothing was stated about half of women being raped. That was specifically that telegraph article's claim, not borne out either by conviction, reports, or even polling by UNICEF.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1373374375376377528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll