d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > International > 中文 Chinese > Tattoo Translation > Think Its Chinese
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,000.00
Oct 12 2016 04:46am
I got a Tattoo about 8 Years ago and recently i have some queries wether my Chinese tattoo says what it actually means.

I went to a "Professional" tattoo artist and requested "Grandad" in Chinese. He said it would take about a week or 2 for him to get in Translated and he would book me in. So eventually got the tattoo done and thought nothing of it.

Past couple of week i have been thinking about getting another sleeve and debating working around the tattoo and set a theme around it, But if its not then i will havebanfull sleeved arm around meaning that means somthing completely different.

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out witu this i did a Google image translate and it came up with a word "Delange" No idea what that means , Never heard of if and would really like this cleared up.

http://imgur.com/a/tU8Ch

Gold: 590.00
Oct 15 2016 08:36pm
"Delange" is how these three letters pronounce in Chinese. seems like a guy's name, but it's definitely not a Chinese name.

literally it doesn't have any meaning in Chinese unless it refers to someone who means a lot to you.

anyway, were you asking for "Grandpa" in Chinese?

lmk if you have any questions.

This post was edited by nkbartc on Oct 15 2016 08:43pm
Gold: 24,408.12
Oct 30 2016 05:03am
Grandad as in grandpa? father's father? etc?

I was born in china and if that tatoo artist went to a chinese and told them to translate "grandad" to chinese. 格兰达 ( which is what's on ur tatoo ) is litterally the "sound" transalation.

I actually dont know what grandad is~~ ( saw from above post, it was grandpa? because we learned grandfather, that is the only word. )

If grandfather was really want you wanted to tatoo, then it would be

爷爷, or 爺爺
Go Back To 中文 Chinese Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll