d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Westworld
Prev1606162636466Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jun 27 2018 04:07pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 27 2018 05:09pm)
I don't think it was implying that at all. The only thing that scene showed was he hated Hale and Delos. He thinks of the hosts as living beings now. I think he's for sure a human.

I mean i suppose it's a little open for interpretation, but i believe he's a host, but then again they may be trying to bait the audience into thinking that lol. Never know with this show...

http://collider.com/westworld-stubbs-host-theory/

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/06/westworld-finale-is-stubbs-a-host-robot
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 27 2018 04:31pm
Quote (Horford @ Jun 27 2018 06:07pm)
I mean i suppose it's a little open for interpretation, but i believe he's a host, but then again they may be trying to bait the audience into thinking that lol. Never know with this show...

http://collider.com/westworld-stubbs-host-theory/

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/06/westworld-finale-is-stubbs-a-host-robot

he could have been hired as a human, but replaced by a host at a later point (before or during the series). The real human he was made from could be dead or he could still be out in the real world

or, he could have been a host who never knew he was a host (like bernard) and then the realization kicked in sometime during season 2

he could even have the consciousness of another former human inside him (arnold?). This person could have been anyone associated with the immortality project OR it could have been a random guest that Ford decided to keep around. That random guest may still be alive in the real world

There's just so many possibilities that the show has no structure anymore

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jun 27 2018 04:31pm
Jun 27 2018 04:46pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 27 2018 06:31pm)
he could have been hired as a human, but replaced by a host at a later point (before or during the series). The real human he was made from could be dead or he could still be out in the real world

or, he could have been a host who never knew he was a host (like bernard) and then the realization kicked in sometime during season 2

he could even have the consciousness of another former human inside him (arnold?). This person could have been anyone associated with the immortality project OR it could have been a random guest that Ford decided to keep around. That random guest may still be alive in the real world

There's just so many possibilities
that the show has no structure anymore

Point taken, but most are nonsensical/unrealistic (unrealistic in the sense that what the show's writers want or don't want to portray). Out of all the possibilities you listed what i bolded (first) is most realistic.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 27 2018 06:52pm
Quote (Horford @ Jun 27 2018 06:46pm)
Point taken, but most are nonsensical/unrealistic (unrealistic in the sense that what the show's writers want or don't want to portray). Out of all the possibilities you listed what i bolded (first) is most realistic.

most shows, i'd agree. But as one of the articles you shared pointed out:

This head-scratching narrative decision speaks to the “mystery first, good storytelling second” approach to the second season

This show has decided that finding ways to subvert our expectations IS the endgame goal. The plot is just a means to that end.

At this point, I wouldn't put it past the show to go into "Planet of the Apes" mode and have Dolores encounter an outside world in which hosts have already taken over. It would be silly and we wouldn't expect it.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jun 27 2018 07:18pm
Jun 27 2018 07:28pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 27 2018 08:52pm)
most shows, i'd agree. But as one of the articles you shared pointed out:

This show has decided that finding ways to subvert our expectations IS the endgame goal. The plot is just a means to that end.

At this point, I wouldn't put it past the show to go into "Planet of the Apes" mode and have Dolores encounter an outside world in which hosts have already taken over. It would be silly and we wouldn't expect it.

Meh
Gold: 23.00
Jun 27 2018 10:37pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 27 2018 06:31pm)

There's just so many possibilities that the show has no structure anymore

I think people are just over thinking and theorizing.

So far they haven't jumped the shark or done anything remotely unbelievable given the circumstances.

I would bet on Stubbs being a normal human. All of the crazy twists were to further the plot. It isn't like they are just having random characters come out as hosts.

I love how the show is making people question the reality of some characters so to speak.
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 28 2018 12:47pm
I cant believe Bernard is a host!! Holy mother of fuck. I bet no one seen that coming!!!!
Gold: 32,161.71
Jun 28 2018 01:02pm
So we can confirm that end credits scene takes place far into future correct? With human choices inevitably non changing. Fidelity

And that real William in current timeline was rescued as we saw

This post was edited by Bazi on Jun 28 2018 01:03pm
Gold: 2,571.50
Jun 28 2018 02:45pm
Quote (Bazi @ Jun 28 2018 07:02pm)
So we can confirm that end credits scene takes place far into future correct? With human choices inevitably non changing. Fidelity

And that real William in current timeline was rescued as we saw

Considering the state of the lab and when his fake daughter says they have been trying for a while... yes
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 29 2018 10:19am
Plot hole? Apparently bernard killed elsie... but wasnt elsie trying to call bernard at the time and he couldn't talk because he was in his apartment with that other broad?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1606162636466Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll