d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Anybody Read Some Dean Koontz? > And Could Recommend A Title
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Aug 26 2016 03:31pm
Hey everyone, here's the thing: I want to read a few of Dean koontz's books because I've heard they were good, but I don't know which one I should start with?
Is the odd series great and should I start with it or should I start with something else like the bad place or watchers?

So, which one would you recommend, or which one was your favorite (if you read multiple)?
And also is it easy to read for a non-native speaker? I mean, my level is between Stephen King (which I read without problem) and lovecraft (which can be hard considering his vocabulary) but I guess since he's pretty modern it should be ok?

Thx a lot for taking some time reading this, and hopefully helping me out!
Cheers :)
Gold: 3,804.50
Aug 26 2016 03:35pm
regarding the english, if stephen king isn't a problem, dean koontz should be fine too. i've only read the first book in the Odd series and 2-3 that aren't in the series.

i would suggest looking at goodreads to see which books are most popular. some of his books are kinda weird that i'm not interested in.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9355.Dean_Koontz?from_search=true

This post was edited by carteblanche on Aug 26 2016 04:02pm
Gold: 100.00
Aug 26 2016 03:43pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Aug 26 2016 10:35pm)
if stephen king isn't a problem, dean koontz should be fine too. i've only read the first book in the Odd series and 2-3 that aren't in the series.

i would suggest looking at goodreads to see which books are most popular. some of his books are kinda weird that i'm not interested in.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9355.Dean_Koontz?from_search=true

First of all, ty for the quick answer ^^
And thanks a bunch for that website, didn't know it, this is gonna be helpful!
I actually don't know what to expect from that author but thought I'd read some to have an idea, I hope I'll be more enthusiastic than you seem to be :D
Gold: 0.75
Sep 26 2016 02:53am
clownhouse
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll