d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need Some C Help Actually Should Be Very Easy > New To Pointers And Mem Management
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,749.09
Warn: 20%
Jul 13 2016 10:58pm
don't get into coding dude, find something you are better at where maybe you can make a difference. in programming you are just going to be a burden on better coders, a pattern you are already establishing.
Gold: 20.00
Jul 14 2016 07:32pm
Quote (boxboxbox @ Jul 13 2016 11:58pm)
don't get into coding dude, find something you are better at where maybe you can make a difference. in programming you are just going to be a burden on better coders, a pattern you are already establishing.

spoiler: everyone fucking sucks at coding in different ways

welcome to the industry
Jul 14 2016 07:55pm
Quote (Eep @ Jul 14 2016 06:32pm)
spoiler: everyone fucking sucks at coding in different ways

welcome to the industry

maybe something should be done to fix that

nobody ever discourages these guys for some reason
Gold: 20.00
Jul 14 2016 09:56pm
Quote (boxboxbox @ Jul 14 2016 08:55pm)
maybe something should be done to fix that

nobody ever discourages these guys for some reason

no need to discourage people, because the industry is flooded with inept people anyway, myself included

if he graduates and gets a job, good for him.

Every fucking shop out there thinks they have figured out the perfect AGILE methodology or the perfect hiring process or the perfect culture.

If you fail the interview at ShitCorp B, then just move on to Giant Conglomerate X which is working on a revolution mobile app where you shoot birds at candy blocks while catching pokemon.

smh
Gold: 0.00
Jul 14 2016 10:10pm
Quote (Eep @ Jul 14 2016 11:56pm)
no need to discourage people, because the industry is flooded with inept people anyway, myself included

if he graduates and gets a job, good for him.

Every fucking shop out there thinks they have figured out the perfect AGILE methodology or the perfect hiring process or the perfect culture.

If you fail the interview at ShitCorp B, then just move on to Giant Conglomerate X which is working on a revolution mobile app where you shoot birds at candy blocks while catching pokemon.

smh

Reminds me of something I read.

Code is never perfect, it is just always "good enough".

Quote (boxboxbox @ Jul 14 2016 12:58am)

Don't get into video games dude, find something you are better at where maybe you can make a difference. In video games you are just going to be a burden on better gamers, a pattern you are already establishing.

Seriously, fuck off from here, let people do what they want and learn. No one told you to drop out of school because you were not good at it did they?

This post was edited by AbDuCt on Jul 14 2016 10:11pm
Jul 14 2016 11:21pm
Quote (AbDuCt @ Jul 14 2016 09:10pm)
Reminds me of something I read.

Code is never perfect, it is just always "good enough".

Don't get into video games dude, find something you are better at where maybe you can make a difference. In video games you are just going to be a burden on better gamers, a pattern you are already establishing.

Seriously, fuck off from here, let people do what they want and learn. No one told you to drop out of school because you were not good at it did they?

You make no argument and you make no sense. I'm free to express my opinion and give advice, just like you. The difference is I know what I'm talking about.
Gold: 6.67
Jul 15 2016 12:35am
His argument makes perfect sense. Nobody is born good at something. The process of learning is littered with bad tries. If everyone quit after making an error, we'd still live in cages and worship thunder.

Btw, you're as free to express your opinions as the forum rules allow. Your post above could be interpreted as breaking the following:
No flaming, insults, racism, degrading content, bullying, intimidation, harassment, or threats.
Jul 15 2016 01:37am
Quote (KrzaQ2 @ Jul 14 2016 11:35pm)
His argument makes perfect sense. Nobody is born good at something. The process of learning is littered with bad tries. If everyone quit after making an error, we'd still live in cages and worship thunder.

Apparently you didn't read the thread. This isn't about "making an error"; my criticism is directed at ouch617's approach to programming and questioning, and his academic dishonesty.

Quote (KrzaQ2 @ Jul 14 2016 11:35pm)
Btw, you're as free to express your opinions as the forum rules allow. Your post above could be interpreted as breaking the following:

maybe by a little girl it could be.

the only actual personal attack on this thread was made by AbDuct, which he attempted for lack of a rational argument.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2016 06:45am
Quote (boxboxbox @ Jul 15 2016 03:37am)
the only actual personal attack on this thread was made by AbDuct, which he attempted for lack of a rational argument.

But... I just said what you said with a few word changes then told you to go away with some colorful words. Are the little girl you were referring to earlier?

He didn't want to do a proper post because he was not sure if he could obtain outside help on the task. Then you come in here with your so called skills (which is just a claim by this point since there is no proof of this) and blatently tell someone who is new in the field to stop because they are new and don't understand some concepts.

You probably were not any better when you first started, nobody is. And if anyone says otherwise they are a blatant liar.

Seriously though, if you are not going to help and be an asshat just go away. It's one thing to express your opinion while aiding someone, but your post has done nothing of use besides put someone down.

This post was edited by AbDuCt on Jul 15 2016 06:52am
Jul 15 2016 02:26pm
Quote (AbDuCt @ Jul 15 2016 05:45am)

He didn't want to do a proper post because he was not sure if he could obtain outside help on the task. Then you come in here with your so called skills (which is just a claim by this point since there is no proof of this) and blatently tell someone who is new in the field to stop because they are new and don't understand some concepts.

This is a strawman argument, I stated my actual reasons before.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll