d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > ++ New Events ++
Prev1325326327328329852Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 101,263.39
Dec 6 2019 11:37am
Quote (Cheeya @ Dec 6 2019 07:11pm)
Pawfulgore is the scariest monster in the game without equal... it’s the only enemy where depending on the event I will occasionally remake soloing high lvl. The fact it can get off 10 hits in like 3 seconds is OP af.

Yep, this monster needs to get nerfed now. It's stupid op compared to any other monster if it gets good hits. At least there's only 1 pawfulgore compared to a bunch of multi hitting mobs so the chance for it to be a well boss or an ep should be low.
Gold: 250,648.00
Dec 6 2019 11:51am
Quote (Jupiter5 @ 6 Dec 2019 11:37)
Yep, this monster needs to get nerfed now. It's stupid op compared to any other monster if it gets good hits. At least there's only 1 pawfulgore compared to a bunch of multi hitting mobs so the chance for it to be a well boss or an ep should be low.

It feels like it wasnt rebalanced after QD got buffed in the rewrite. I remember being much more worried about the multishot monsters prior to the update.

Quick Draw now decreases the next attack time by 75% (from 50%)
Gold: 251,211.53
Warn: 30%
Dec 6 2019 12:44pm
Cheeya, pawfulgore might be the highest potential damage outputer over X seconds but he's not the scariest monster.

High level treasure pest dangerous solo or in groups
I think glazier and gigapede are more dangerous in many circumstances.

Glazier can hit you with 3 crits at once so it can catch you off guard. The Qd monster usually takes a few seconds to get started either way.

Gigapede also can do the same thing.
Dec 6 2019 01:13pm
Quote (Bob888 @ 6 Dec 2019 12:44)
Cheeya, pawfulgore might be the highest potential damage outputer over X seconds but he's not the scariest monster.

High level treasure pest dangerous solo or in groups
I think glazier and gigapede are more dangerous in many circumstances.

Glazier can hit you with 3 crits at once so it can catch you off guard. The Qd monster usually takes a few seconds to get started either way.

Gigapede also can do the same thing.

I dont include treasure pest because its really just a random monster with their graphic changed to a chest with a stat boost. Sometimes its a multi-shot mob sometimes it isnt. I was talking non-quest monsters.

I really dont see glazier and gigapede as more dangerous though I agree they can be plenty powerful. Sustaining 3-5 shots per second for a sustained time is much more dangerous in my opinion. In order for the multishot to really hurt you have to have them proc their ability several times. This is especially true on HC where we stat more vit as a general rule whereas pawfulgore's ability is self serving. The ability isnt just a single proc and done but each hit gives him a chance to re-proc which means every proc leads to a greater chance of a re-proc due to the increased attacks from the QD. Ive had pawfulgore literally proccing for 5+ seconds straight. I dont think ive ever seen a multi use their ability 5 times in a row EVER or I doubt Id have survived.

That said all multi-shot/stunners are still not to be trifled with but only pawfulgore really scares me 71+

This post was edited by Cheeya on Dec 6 2019 01:14pm
Gold: 251,211.53
Warn: 30%
Dec 6 2019 01:44pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Dec 6 2019 04:13pm)
I dont include treasure pest because its really just a random monster with their graphic changed to a chest with a stat boost. Sometimes its a multi-shot mob sometimes it isnt. I was talking non-quest monsters.

I really dont see glazier and gigapede as more dangerous though I agree they can be plenty powerful. Sustaining 3-5 shots per second for a sustained time is much more dangerous in my opinion. In order for the multishot to really hurt you have to have them proc their ability several times. This is especially true on HC where we stat more vit as a general rule whereas pawfulgore's ability is self serving. The ability isnt just a single proc and done but each hit gives him a chance to re-proc which means every proc leads to a greater chance of a re-proc due to the increased attacks from the QD. Ive had pawfulgore literally proccing for 5+ seconds straight. I dont think ive ever seen a multi use their ability 5 times in a row EVER or I doubt Id have survived.

That said all multi-shot/stunners are still not to be trifled with but only pawfulgore really scares me 71+

That's not the point. He's extremely dangerous if coupled with a stunner and/or you're on a robe using character. If you're wearing a heavy armor you'll take a hell a lot less damage.
What I mean is the other guys can triple crit you in one hit. That's 1-2k damage x 3 in the higher levels. Say you're pushing half health or you get stunned at the same time, the rng is rare but it could happen and there's literally nothing you can do. With pawfulgore, the faster you hit the door the less damage you take.

Also some mobs use their abilities in quick succession so over the course of 3 seconds lets say pawfulgore will simply do less damage. Over the course of 8 seconds maybe pawful will do more.

When I think danger I think things that give you little time to react.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Dec 6 2019 01:44pm
Dec 6 2019 01:59pm
I mean any one of those paired with a stunner is bad news. I usually keep up with a multi-shot mob healing though, pawfulgore I have to spam 1.1k use life fish or i will die within 3-4 seconds of his skill activating. I see where you are coming from but in the last few months only pawfulgore has caused actual fear of death.
Gold: 101,263.39
Dec 6 2019 06:36pm
Very often pawfulgore doesn't do high enough dmg with its quick hits, not sure if it's coincidental or not. That's why I haven't had too much trouble with it. But I consider that luck, because I remember I died within 2 - 3 seconds to a pawfulgore + mantapray + something else at lvl 90+ with around 8k+ life.

Multihit monsters are bad as well, but only if you don't have a high enough life pool. If your life is high enough and you get hit for 2k or whatever, you have a whole second to try and town or do something. But you can't know whether or not pawfulgore will decide to suddently hit you for 5-6 800s in a row after it's done 5-6 50 dmg in a row and if you have a slight delay you can easily die cause it happens suddenly and too fast.

I've been multi hit a few hits in a row and yea that sucks, but it usually doesn't happen more than twice in a row. But 95% of the times pawfulgore's QD activates, it keeps QDing me for 5-10 seconds straight ( pretty much keeps doing it until I kill it or until it decides to heal ) That's the equivalent of a multihit monster multihitting you 5-10 times in a row, which is just ridiculous.

I'm excluding treasure pest, because that's potentially the hardest single mob in the game and nothing can come close to it.

Pawfulgore is definitely a lot easier and less scary in groups, but it's total cancer in solo.

Dec 6 2019 09:25pm
^^

I couldn’t have said it any better. The length of time he can use his skill is what makes it deadly. 75% reduction of attack delay means 4 hits a second. Even if he’s only hitting 200-300 on them that comes out to 800-1200 per second which is at least high crit level damage at minimum for a 5sec+. Tanking characters can absorb that well enough but robe classes it starts cutting through you like a hot knife through butter.
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Dec 9 2019 08:05am
+50% to Proficiency Cap Per Fight

+66.67% Evil Well Longevity
+13% Quality to Maps Found

28.21% Faster Fishing
12.36% Faster Suffusencing

Bonus Event in progress for 2 days, 23 hours

This post was edited by NR1 on Dec 9 2019 08:05am
Gold: 181,779.76
Dec 9 2019 09:32am
Looks like a nice event to get some glyphing done ;)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1325326327328329852Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll