d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > International > Nederlands > Hello Dear Dutch People > Few Questions If You Will
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2016 07:39am
I am contemplating about moving to Amsterdam - not because a certain thing is legal there, don't care about that. The idea seems intriguing. I did some research about the cost of living and whatnot and it doesn't seem that frightening. I have experience as a bartender but it's been a couple of years, also i have experience and some papers as a mechatronic (read: electronics & mechanics). Customer service is a strong suit in general. I have a licence and i've also been a taxi driver. Can probably handle any practical job. Age 25.

My questions are:
Will it be hard for me to find a job in Amsterdam?
Will it be hard to find a housing for myself?

Any solid advice is very welcome. The more cost effective the starting phase of the integration - the better.

At the moment i have 1000€ to spare.

Cheers.
Gold: 645.00
Apr 5 2016 08:45am
Housing in Amsterdam is quite expensive though. IDK really know if getting a house or a job would be easy. If it doesnt really matter i'd try to get both before you move. Just my thoughts.
Gold: 100.00
Apr 7 2016 02:43pm
Quote (SnoopieIX @ 5 Apr 2016 15:39)
I am contemplating about moving to Amsterdam - not because a certain thing is legal there, don't care about that. The idea seems intriguing. I did some research about the cost of living and whatnot and it doesn't seem that frightening. I have experience as a bartender but it's been a couple of years, also i have experience and some papers as a mechatronic (read: electronics & mechanics). Customer service is a strong suit in general. I have a licence and i've also been a taxi driver. Can probably handle any practical job. Age 25.

My questions are:
Will it be hard for me to find a job in Amsterdam?
Will it be hard to find a housing for myself?

Any solid advice is very welcome. The more cost effective the starting phase of the integration - the better.

At the moment i have 1000€ to spare.

Cheers.

1000 euro will last you one, maybe two months max. Finding a job within that time frame is not a garenthee. Where are you from?

Housing is hard to find, working the same. Would be best if you arrange them up-front.
Apr 8 2016 02:58am
Quote (Hellskin @ 7 Apr 2016 22:43)
1000 euro will last you one, maybe two months max. Finding a job within that time frame is not a garenthee. Where are you from?

Housing is hard to find, working the same. Would be best if you arrange them up-front.

I'm from Estonia. Finding a job up up-front seems very unlikely. Housing i guess could be foreseeable.

But if i'd have to pick one - i'd rather find a job up-front than housing. Any suggestions to go on about that? I looked around with the help of good ol' google and all i could see we're very specific job applications.
Gold: 450.51
Apr 9 2016 12:29pm
Uber driver, you can sleep in your car.
Apr 11 2016 02:11pm
Quote (GodisLove @ 9 Apr 2016 20:29)
Uber driver, you can sleep in your car.

best advice ever.
Go Back To Nederlands Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll