d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Glide 3dfx "working" On Patch 1.14
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 13 2016 08:09am
nice work/effort in this thread by original poster.
Gold: 30,000.00
Mar 13 2016 04:14pm
Quote (hydralurk @ Mar 13 2016 03:09pm)
nice work/effort in this thread by original poster.

;)

Quote (DHA @ Mar 12 2016 12:37pm)
Hello,

http://i68.tinypic.com/2dv1uok.jpg

I figured out how to make glide "working" on patch 1.14a.

Add : -3dfx in target (where you usualy put -w for window mode).

The game will load glide.

It will fix :
- You can adjust again brightness, gamma, constrast in full screen
- vsync is disabled - you can play with full fps (no lags, freeze etc).
- the /fps cmd is working again on full screen

You must run the game with windows XP compatibility else you can't take screenshot :mellow:
Ok, now the worst thing ever: With that patch and glide, you can't see your cursor in Menu, Channel (at least for me) ........... which is extremly annoying. Couldn't find a solution for this one.
But it works fine ingame.

Better than nothing.

Regards

DHA

Quote (DHA @ Mar 13 2016 10:56am)
Update
Found a solution to navigate menu without the cusor.

"go into your mouse settings and turn on that cursor feature that highlights your cursor when you hit ctrl. thats how i'm navigating the menus"

This work pretty well.

Each time you press ctrl a circle showing where is the cursor.

Up
Gold: 274,978.02
Mar 13 2016 05:34pm
so wasnt this patch supposed to fix compatibility? Im confused.

I wanna run glide now, cause the graphics are just sharper, better contrast. (others options (2ddraw, 3d) are a bit fluffy/iffy since patch).
First, i restored and run vidtest, chose 3dfx, it seemingly ignored it. it didnt say glide in game after /fps.
so i added -3dfx, and then it seems to run with glide. But ofcourse, alot of weird error, like the full screen being akwardly placed (only see 1/4 of screen, etc) so I flipped around in the compatibility settings abit, and got as far as it looking awesome.
But ofcourse: the pointer dissapeared :rofl:

I never used glide wrapper(s).
Should I really need to? after all they patched the game so that glide 3dfx, directdraw 2d, direct 3d all should work? lol?
Or the patch removed Videotest.exe to force everyone to use a modern OS compatible setting?

I use windows 7.

ALSO WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, since a year I've felt my mouse pointer in pvp is "slippery" or "delayed". it was not in my head but caused by other graphics than 3dfx glide?!
LOL I'm actually a pvp god, since i managed to play with this :rofl:

edit2:
rofl cant play 3dfx glide with window mode? it launches in full mode eventhough shortcut has -w and -3dfx? xD?

This post was edited by SpAz. on Mar 13 2016 05:44pm
Mar 13 2016 05:47pm
Quote (SpAz. @ Mar 14 2016 12:34am)
so wasnt this patch supposed to fix compatibility? Im confused.

I wanna run glide now, cause the graphics are just sharper, better contrast. (others options (2ddraw, 3d) are a bit fluffy/iffy since patch).
First, i restored and run vidtest, chose 3dfx, it seemingly ignored it. it didnt say glide in game after /fps.
so i added -3dfx, and then it seems to run with glide. But ofcourse, alot of weird error, like the full screen being akwardly placed (only see 1/4 of screen, etc) so I flipped around in the compatibility settings abit, and got as far as it looking awesome.
But ofcourse: the pointer dissapeared :rofl:

I never used glide wrapper(s).
Should I really need to? after all they patched the game so that glide 3dfx, directdraw 2d, direct 3d all should work? lol?
Or the patch removed Videotest.exe to force everyone to use a modern OS compatible setting?

I use windows 7.

ALSO WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, since a year I've felt my mouse pointer in pvp is "slippery" or "delayed". it was not in my head but caused by other graphics than 3dfx glide?!
LOL I'm actually a pvp god, since i managed to play with this :rofl:

with direct3d (we are forced to use it now) vsync is enabled and you are stuck to 60 fps : mouse is delayed and slow. You got fps drops, freezes etc.

With directdraw (doesnt work for me sadly) it's fine, you run full fps and vsync is disabled, game is fine. I used this w/o prob on my old comp.

With glide its direct3D with max fps and vsync disabled : no delayed cursor etc.

In video test you could choose between the three options.

But hey blizzard deleted VideoTest, let's play direct3D ! :thumbsup:
Gold: 36.32
Mar 13 2016 05:49pm
Quote (DHA @ Mar 13 2016 06:47pm)
with direct3d (we are forced to use it now) vsync is enabled and you are stuck to 60 fps : mouse is delayed and slow. You got fps drops, freezes etc.

With directdraw (doesnt work for me sadly) it's fine, you run full fps and vsync is disabled, game is fine. I used this w/o prob on my old comp.

With glide its direct3D with max fps and vsync disabled : no delayed cursor etc.

lol hell naw, just need to fix this cursor and I tried a lot of shit so someone else please....
Mar 13 2016 05:53pm
Quote (DHA @ Mar 13 2016 10:56am)
Update
Found a solution to navigate menu without the cusor.

"go into your mouse settings and turn on that cursor feature that highlights your cursor when you hit ctrl. thats how i'm navigating the menus"

This work pretty well.

Each time you press ctrl a circle showing where is the cursor.

It works !
Mar 13 2016 06:00pm
Quote (DHA @ 14 Mar 2016 01:53)
It works !

not for me :-/
its ridiculous anyway, why shudnt we be able to choose graphix?
I restored vidtest and ran it, but choosing 3dfx glide doesnt do nothing. only with the -3dfx affix it works.
but I cant also use -skiptobnet affix, cuz then screen is misplaced :D
Quote (DHA @ 14 Mar 2016 01:47)

hmmm. actually this time when I ran vidtest was first time in long it gave me 3 options. many times it just gives me 2x. (fairly certain glide was the excluded). but that mightve been on my laptop though not my desktop.
Mar 13 2016 06:02pm
Quote (SpAz. @ Mar 14 2016 01:00am)
not for me :-/
its ridiculous anyway, why shudnt we be able to choose graphix?
I restored vidtest and ran it, but choosing 3dfx glide doesnt do nothing. only with the -3dfx affix it works.
but I cant also use -skiptobnet affix, cuz then screen is misplaced :D

hmmm. actually this time when I ran vidtest was first time in long it gave me 3 options. many times it just gives me 2x. (fairly certain glide was the excluded). but that mightve been on my laptop though not my desktop.

It gives the option but glide doesnt work without -3dfx

If you can run directdraw, do it tho.

Mar 13 2016 06:23pm
Quote (DHA @ 14 Mar 2016 02:02)
It gives the option but glide doesnt work without -3dfx

If you can run directdraw, do it tho.

i can choose it through vid test, but it gets overwritten ofc. great patch.

I do infact have glide wrapper installed, had just forgotten about it. thats why I can run glide :O

oh well, I get glide 3dfx to work with -3dfx, but need a soloution to the pointer dissapearing in menu/chans now.

This post was edited by SpAz. on Mar 13 2016 06:27pm
Gold: 10.11
Mar 13 2016 08:09pm
I can not do it in windows 10 :( crap patch ...

Keep getting the following errors

for videotest:
"This application has encountered a critical error:
The file date is corrupt.
Program: C:\Program Files (x86) Diablo II\D2VidTst.exe
File: d2data.mpq"

for shortcut:
"Error 1: Diablo II is unable to proceed. Unsupported graphics mode."

Anyone with similar problems and knowledge of how to fix it?

Thank you in advance

ViperClaw
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll