d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1278279280281282298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 14 2018 03:59pm
Quote (death_knight @ Aug 14 2018 03:56pm)
You still don't see the fault in your signature yet you think you have valid opinion elsewhere

That's the lol

please explain the fault in my signature. then explain the "elsewhere" part. scammer
Gold: 9.00
Aug 14 2018 04:01pm
Quote (Tjo @ Aug 14 2018 11:55pm)
Prayer doubtless works, if one prays sincerely, from the depths of one's heart and soul, in humility, being aware that it's God's grace and nothing else, and if the prayer is in accordance with the moral laws of God, then that prayer will be answered in nine cases out of ten.

Don't bother arguing with these atheists, it's just sad that they do not believe. You can't make them believe. Even their unbelief might serve a function in this world.

I believe that the world is dying and we are like decaying cells, we do not really have free will but we were intended to have, and God is somehow trying to manage the world, without making too much of an influence on our free wills, and he in his wisdom makes as much as he can on our behalf to keep us alive, save us from suffering, while at the same time uphold his holy law.

But don't forget your humanity. Can you seriously not ask yourself the question why punishments must be so harsh? You are like a robot. You just reply "we sinned and sins got consequences, deal with it". It doesn't feel like you are saying it in truth from the bottom of your heart. It feels like you just repeat something you read from the Bible. Who can understand why death had to come into this world? Why was there an evil deceiving snake in the Garden of Eden? After all Eve did not even sin intentionally - she was fooled into it, yet she was punished severely, more severely than Adam. You come across as a little bit superior when you just claim to understand, even accept these things. Be a human and just admit that you do not understand. No one can. We must blindly believe that God is hundred percent good. That we cannot understand in this present world. It is impossible. Children starve and die. Children are kidnapped and tortured to death. It happens, every year, every day. Don't forget your humanity, I believe that God will see if that is sincere or not.

Even Moses could not understand why the world had to be so harsh, why we had to die, and why life on earth was so miserable. I don't like when Christians and Jews claim to have an answer to it, because the Bible offers no answers. "Yeah because we sinned" is not an answer, it is not an explanation.
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 14 2018 06:37pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 14 2018 10:46pm)
Last I checked we chose to sever our connection with God when we chose to rebel against him. As a result we suffer the consequences of doing so. We now have conflict with one another, preventing us from reaching our full potential. Read the Genesis curse, the ground is cursed. When we work the ground then it will be hard. It is only natural that some people will not be able to cope.

When God created the world it was good. Then we rebelled. Can you believe that actions have consequences? Can you believe that there is such a thing as cause and effect?

When I pray for the sick I actually don't pray for miracle healing. When I pray for the poor and needy I don't pray for a miracle lottery win. I pray that they will be able to work through the situation at hand and that God is in control of all things. There is a reason that they were put in that situation in the first place.

When I pray for me when a situation is about to happen, I merely pray that whatever happens I know that God is in control and I will rely on his strength rather than my own. I also ask for the forgiveness of sins.

I think that your opinion holds no weight on me whatsoever. Besides, it is not me who you should be worrying about. You have to consider your own life and where you will end up when you die.

Nowhere in this reply did you address any of my points.

Interesting though, that you say you never pray for miracles - that way, you can never be disappointed, right?

Quote (Tjo @ Aug 14 2018 11:01pm)
”Yeah because we sinned" is not an answer, it is not an explanation.

Even your fellow sheep know you’re talking out of your ass :rofl:

This post was edited by GetOnYourKnees on Aug 14 2018 06:39pm
Gold: 90.58
Aug 14 2018 06:49pm
Quote (death_knight @ Aug 14 2018 01:56pm)
You still don't see the fault in your signature yet you think you have valid opinion elsewhere

That's the lol

what fault are you talking about? his quote in his signature image, or?

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Aug 14 2018 06:49pm
Gold: 260.11
Aug 14 2018 06:50pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 14 2018 03:46pm)
Also bear in mind if it is God's will then it will be done. Besides, are you just praying without actioning it yourself?

You didn't answer my question.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 14 2018 09:05pm
Quote (Tjo @ Aug 15 2018 07:55am)
Prayer doubtless works, if one prays sincerely, from the depths of one's heart and soul, in humility, being aware that it's God's grace and nothing else, and if the prayer is in accordance with the moral laws of God, then that prayer will be answered in nine cases out of ten.

Don't bother arguing with these atheists, it's just sad that they do not believe. You can't make them believe. Even their unbelief might serve a function in this world.

I believe that the world is dying and we are like decaying cells, we do not really have free will but we were intended to have, and God is somehow trying to manage the world, without making too much of an influence on our free wills, and he in his wisdom makes as much as he can on our behalf to keep us alive, save us from suffering, while at the same time uphold his holy law.

But don't forget your humanity. Can you seriously not ask yourself the question why punishments must be so harsh? You are like a robot. You just reply "we sinned and sins got consequences, deal with it". It doesn't feel like you are saying it in truth from the bottom of your heart. It feels like you just repeat something you read from the Bible. Who can understand why death had to come into this world? Why was there an evil deceiving snake in the Garden of Eden? After all Eve did not even sin intentionally - she was fooled into it, yet she was punished severely, more severely than Adam. You come across as a little bit superior when you just claim to understand, even accept these things. Be a human and just admit that you do not understand. No one can. We must blindly believe that God is hundred percent good. That we cannot understand in this present world. It is impossible. Children starve and die. Children are kidnapped and tortured to death. It happens, every year, every day. Don't forget your humanity, I believe that God will see if that is sincere or not.

Try explaining that to these people.

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 15 2018 10:37am)
Nowhere in this reply did you address any of my points.

Interesting though, that you say you never pray for miracles - that way, you can never be disappointed, right?

Even your fellow sheep know you’re talking out of your ass :rofl:

Or maybe I did address your points but you were too blind to see it.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 15 2018 10:50am)
You didn't answer my question.

Or perhaps the answer you were looking for isn't what you received so you say that it wasn't answered to your satisfaction.
Aug 14 2018 09:06pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 14 2018 09:05pm)
Try explaining that to these people.

Or perhaps the answer you were looking for isn't what you received so you say that it wasn't answered to your satisfaction.

I asked a yes or no question. You avoided it.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2018 12:49am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 15 2018 01:06pm)
I asked a yes or no question. You avoided it.

No.
Aug 15 2018 12:59am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 15 2018 12:49am)
No.

So then it's not always God doing it if it happens right after you pray for it.

So how do you know it was God answering your prayer.
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 15 2018 05:33am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 15 2018 04:05am)

Feel free to think that, but everyone here knows you’re dodging.

And since you’re dodging, I can only assume that you are in favour economic slavery as it is prescribed in your bible. Not that I’m surprised, since I’ve also seen you condone genocide and infanticide on this thread, and you can’t get any less moral than that
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1278279280281282298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll