d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1236237238239240298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,532.01
Apr 18 2018 07:20am
Quote (FullArcFG @ Apr 18 2018 06:35am)
An opinion is said to be unqualified when one does not possess any significant reservation in respect of the matter contained. Particularly when coupled with pubescent mockery solely to illicit a prescribed response

It is? Well thanks for letting us know, authority on humour :thumbsup:

Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 18 2018 08:30am)
I believe that God is not only in control but his power is made perfect in weakness.

Not sure what you mean by this, perhaps you could expand...

This post was edited by GetOnYourKnees on Apr 18 2018 07:22am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2018 10:24pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Apr 18 2018 11:20pm)
It is? Well thanks for letting us know, authority on humour :thumbsup:

Not sure what you mean by this, perhaps you could expand...

When life gets tough and it seems as though everything is falling apart, we come back and remember God and that he has a plan. When his power is made perfect in weakness it means that God can use the very thing that is making life hard to further increase his Kingdom.

An example of this is the Great Fire of Rome. The emperor Nero would blame the Christians for the fire and so he would mercilessly persecute them. They would die agonizing deaths like feeding them to lions and burning them alive. Just imagine if everybody in your area were to actively hunt and kill Christians.

Yet the very act of persecuting Christians,killing them and making life as hard for them as possible, caused the growth of Christianity. It didn't matter how many Nero killed or what he did, Christianity kept on growing. How powerful must God be when those who try everything in their power to silence Christianity instead does the exact opposite and help it grow?
Gold: 260.11
Apr 18 2018 10:31pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 18 2018 01:30am)
He's dead, you can visit his grave at any time. The dead know nothing.

I worship somebody who is not only alive but also conquered death.

Jesus is dead. Nowhere to be found.

He "came back to life" then just miraculously was never seen again.
Apr 19 2018 01:45am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 19 2018 02:31pm)
Jesus is dead. Nowhere to be found.

He "came back to life" then just miraculously was never seen again.

1 Corinthians 15:1-8 says otherwise.

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Remember, the book of Corinthians is a letter written by Paul to the Church of Corinth. This letter would have been written somewhere around 55AD. The grave where Jesus once laid is empty whereas you can visit the grave of Mohammad and know that his body lies beneath.
Apr 19 2018 05:36am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 19 2018 01:45am)
1 Corinthians 15:1-8 says otherwise.

Paul explicitly states he received his information by revelation, not first-hand experience of having met Jesus.

The earliest we can place Paul's letters are 70 A.D., and that's with all the most generous assumptions.

The grave once laid is empty? Do you know where the grave is? No? Okay then.
Apr 19 2018 09:54am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 19 2018 05:24am)
When life gets tough and it seems as though everything is falling apart, we come back and remember God and that he has a plan. When his power is made perfect in weakness it means that God can use the very thing that is making life hard to further increase his Kingdom.

An example of this is the Great Fire of Rome. The emperor Nero would blame the Christians for the fire and so he would mercilessly persecute them. They would die agonizing deaths like feeding them to lions and burning them alive. Just imagine if everybody in your area were to actively hunt and kill Christians.

Yet the very act of persecuting Christians,killing them and making life as hard for them as possible, caused the growth of Christianity. It didn't matter how many Nero killed or what he did, Christianity kept on growing. How powerful must God be when those who try everything in their power to silence Christianity instead does the exact opposite and help it grow?

I guess you could easily apply the same argument to Islam. Even after the crusades and the level of animosity that muslims experience, Islam is still the fastest growing religion. So you can either conclude that god has forsaken your religion in favour of theirs, or you have to accept that religious proliferation has nothing to do with any divine intervention.

Or you could (and I'm sure you will) employ the same old argument of 'god's actions and intentions can't be understood by us mere dumb mortals'
Apr 19 2018 10:55am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Apr 19 2018 09:54am)
I guess you could easily apply the same argument to Islam. Even after the crusades and the level of animosity that muslims experience, Islam is still the fastest growing religion. So you can either conclude that god has forsaken your religion in favour of theirs, or you have to accept that religious proliferation has nothing to do with any divine intervention.

Or you could (and I'm sure you will) employ the same old argument of 'god's actions and intentions can't be understood by us mere dumb mortals'

Nah, his usual is to just ignore your argument and change the subject.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 19 2018 04:55pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 19 Apr 2018 08:45)
By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

yesss surre.

Apr 19 2018 06:21pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 19 2018 09:36pm)
Paul explicitly states he received his information by revelation, not first-hand experience of having met Jesus.

The earliest we can place Paul's letters are 70 A.D., and that's with all the most generous assumptions.

The grave once laid is empty? Do you know where the grave is? No? Okay then.

70AD is still sooner than 500AD when Mohammad came about. How does he have some newfound information 500 years later as opposed to the eyewitnesses who experienced these things first hand? The book of Luke is based on eyewitness accounts.

Over the Christmas holidays a friend went to Israel and went site seeing. Yes they did go to the tomb where they believe Jesus was laid. You are more than welcome to go to Israel and see where it all took place.

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Apr 20 2018 01:54am)

1 Corinthians 18-25: For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

I for one trust God. All will be revealed in time.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Apr 20 2018 08:55am)

If you care so much then why don't you go to the world vision website and actually donate to charity? I doubt you actually do that or will start to do that.
Apr 19 2018 07:21pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 20 2018 01:21am)

1 Corinthians 18-25: For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

I for one trust God. All will be revealed in time.

Yeah, that’s what I thought.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1236237238239240298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll