d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev12345298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1.01
Warn: 50%
Jan 27 2016 11:46pm
First there has to be a heaven.
Gold: 1,253.69
Jan 27 2016 11:55pm
Quote (theoneguff @ Jan 27 2016 11:46pm)
First there has to be a heaven.

First there was God... then He (Elohim) created heaven... you're welcome

This post was edited by caswallen on Jan 27 2016 11:56pm
Gold: 134.69
Jan 28 2016 01:24am
Quote (Nathan @ Jan 25 2016 07:07am)
"if you act in a way that impacts the population negatively in which you reside, you are not thinking rationallly"

wtf?.. no. if you go back in time many years somewhere where people enslaved people of one race and ran around saying "oh my god you guy are all racists and you're violating people's rights and you're hurting so many people this has to end" they'd tell you you're negatively impacting society, so this is a really dumb & fallible metric to try to call someone irrational by. so for example you could protest against the economic system, the political system, the school system, etc of contemporary society and they could say you're negatively impacting society (since it's such a vauge judgement) and then say you're irrational

OK? society changes, do you deny that that the "slavery is wrong" person in the 1st century would be deemed mentally ill? they thought obstructing slavery hurt society, today we think the opposite, whats the issue exactly?

this is just a vague judgement, and there are plenty of "mental illnesses" that can't even said to be impacting others negatively.

or onesself (as i stated previously)

"is it not fair to just say "those that hurt, are ill" our only options are cure, exile or kill, i simply choose cure, you can word it however you want."

they aren't really hurt or ill is the problem. some people have undesirable behaviors or feelings and they might want to get them under control via therapy or drugs or other methods, and that's great, and i approve of methods to do that, and it should always be voluntary. i oppose dehumanizing language that these people have an illness in their minds. and thus since they do not have an illness there is no "curing", they are simply getting help to change how they behave or feel. continually wording it as illnesses, symptoms, treatments, cures, etc. further legitimizes the unfounded biological model of mental illness

you are conflating multiple mental illnesses, sure i agree, sometimes its all in a person head, but if you think bleach tastes good, you are a danger to yourself and we can either cure you or let you drink bleach.

"societal norms set laws too"

not sure what your point is here but all i meant with that part was that i'm clearly not against setting murders free & societies already have systems in place like legal systems to deal with people who murder other people--opposing psychiatry is in no way opposing that

What is illegal is dictated by the same thing as what is mentally ill, societal norms, in a legal setting we gauge mental stability to establish the driving force behind a crime, if you kill someone on purpose of sound body and mind, you have commited a crime, if you commit the exact same murder but were deemed mentally unstable, you are ill. without a gauge of mental stability to discern motive, you essentially are saying everyone is of sound body and mind and second and third degree murder are nonexistant.

This post was edited by dude_927 on Jan 28 2016 01:33am
Gold: 400.50
Warn: 10%
Jan 28 2016 05:34am
The fact that I have a strong faith in humanity, I possess humility, civility and all the traits of a religious, without a rewritten story book or a made up place with some sort of conscious entity creating shit everywhere makes me simply a better person. In fan Christians are good at showing the only lives that matter to them are ones they can relate to in some facet.
Gold: 152.00
Jan 28 2016 06:26am
Quote (Nathan @ Jan 25 2016 01:06am)
because mental illnesses aren't actual real/physical illnesses and just categories of symptoms psychiatrists make up and change as they see fit without rigorously testing their categories against empirical evidence. e.g. they call homosexuals mentally ill then when society accepts them at a large scale they say "ok not mentally ill anymore" and remove the category. these purported mental illnesses are just descriptions of groups of behaviors and feelings that society or psychiatrists deem unacceptable, unhealthy, dangerous, or otherwise unacceptable.

Mental illnesses are classified as such because they negatively affect the quality of life of the sufferer or others. Or at least they ought to be... there are still some conditions classified as diseases that have a neutral or positive effect on the carrier's life.

Also OP stop spamming this, the mods have already closed all the other iterations of this thread because it is against the rules and you are not contributing anything of value to the forum.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jan 28 2016 06:27am
Gold: 0.20
Jan 28 2016 08:25am
Quote (caswallen @ Jan 28 2016 12:55am)
First there was God... then He (Elohim) created heaven... you're welcome

Alrighty then. Prove your flavor of God.
Gold: 1,805.20
Jan 28 2016 09:31am
Quote (dude_927 @ Jan 25 2016 02:01am)
ummm...

e: perpensity to beleive "unreasonable things" is a physical trait, in the context of your post, nobody could ever describe mental illness without pinpointing a misfiring neuron (impossible).

ee: also what up frodo? long time no jesus, bro

Hasn't he been posting this copy/paste shit for years?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 28 2016 09:52am
you guys really should see this movie, here is it's cover!

This post was edited by the_rest on Jan 28 2016 09:53am
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 28 2016 10:56am
Quote (crunkinator @ Jan 28 2016 06:34am)
The fact that I have a strong faith in humanity, I possess humility, civility and all the traits of a religious, without a rewritten story book or a made up place with some sort of conscious entity creating shit everywhere makes me simply a better person. In fan Christians are good at showing the only lives that matter to them are ones they can relate to in some facet.

...except you don't possess the only one that really matters...salvation .
Gold: 1.50
Jan 28 2016 11:26am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 28 2016 11:56am)
...except you don't possess the only one that really matters...salvation .

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jun 28 2013 11:42am)
I have not and will not speak to someone else's salvation .

oh really
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll