Quote (dgkblack @ Jan 3 2016 10:56pm)
Recently started getting into photography. Just have a few questions: :)
(1) What type of cameras would you recommend for a newbie?
(2) How did you first begin to familiarize yourself with photography terms?
(3) Tips for beginners?
I just started photography as well, but what I've gathered so far..
1. Pick a brand you plan on growing with so you can use your lenses with more than 1 body. A Nikon d5300 is a great camera, and for the whole set you're looking around 600 bucks.
2. Repetition, I read and read online. Also, learning the different exposure modes helps familiarize the cameras different functions.
3. Focus on composition, the rest will come with time. That's what I was told when I started, and that's what I've done. Learn all the different 'rules', and use your imagination.
Again, I apologize if I gave any bad advice, but so far this is what I've gathered. Good luck!
Check out this resource, has a lot of non biased reviews and tutorials.http://expertphotography.com/This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Jan 3 2016 05:29pm