d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Tutorials & Galleries > Hand Sketching Tutorials?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,804.50
Dec 5 2015 09:18pm
i have no drawing experience. i'd like to learn some basic sketching using pencil/paper. i looked at the stickie already and didn't see anything about sketching. anyone have tips / links / etc?
Gold: 1,805.20
Dec 26 2015 04:32pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Dec 5 2015 11:18pm)
i have no drawing experience. i'd like to learn some basic sketching using pencil/paper. i looked at the stickie already and didn't see anything about sketching. anyone have tips / links / etc?

If you have thick skin and are willing to take some possibly heavy criticism and troll remarks, try making a post in graphic design and ask for tips on improving. Start out by sketching something and post it in the forums. :D

Also, try to be more specific on what you're asking for. If you're asking in general how to draw, and you don't really care about what it is you're drawing, start with something super simple (like an apple) and practice with your shading. Try drawing some simple shapes in perspective as well.

Here is a collection of drawing tutorials... didnt go through them much just did a quick google search but maybe there's something there that will help you out.
Gold: 125.00
Jan 8 2016 11:42pm
Start out by drawing still life. Grab fruit or whatever objects you have and just draw them. Start off focusing on composition, lighting, and value. Drawing things like apples can be boring. But it really teaches you a great foundation for later use.
Go Back To Tutorials & Galleries Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll