d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1315531563157315831593169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 19 2019 08:52pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 19 2019 11:56am)
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1163440418555604998

This is what the forgotten men and women of PA and MI wanted.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 19 2019 09:10pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 20 Aug 2019 04:32)
Thats certainly the democrat narrative you've eaten up instead of diving into the actual reasoning and characteristics of the men and cases involved.

Republicans evil and hate workers, women and puppies. thinking and reading bad just like orange man.

i said it before, i'll say it again: familiarise yourself with their records and their stances, so you won't have to resort to non-sensical generalisations, trying to appear at least somewhat informed.

it's not even that THEY would tell you anything else, they'd probably frame it differently (or outright dodge the question, like kavanaugh when asked about his extreme stance concerning executive power), calling it 'business-friendly' rather than 'anti worker', but their records are well documented and revised.
judicial records and writings are obviously a major factor in their nomination, and it's really puzzling to me that you are apparently entirely unaware of this.

lastly, trying to bring emotions like "hate" into this is really unnecessary. the old exaggerating what was actually said, and then strawmanning that misrepresentation routine is getting really boring.
Gold: 7,525.35
Aug 19 2019 09:16pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 19 2019 11:10pm)
i said it before, i'll say it again: familiarise yourself with their records and their stances, so you won't have to resort to non-sensical generalisations, trying to appear at least somewhat informed.

it's not even that THEY would tell you anything else, they'd probably frame it differently (or outright dodge the question, like kavanaugh when asked about his extreme stance concerning executive power), calling it 'business-friendly' rather than 'anti worker', but their records are well documented and revised.
judicial records and writings are obviously a major factor in their nomination, and it's really puzzling to me that you are apparently entirely unaware of this.

lastly, trying to bring emotions like "hate" into this is really unnecessary. the old exaggerating what was actually said, and then strawmanning that misrepresentation routine is getting really boring.

Accusing me of not being familiar with their stances isn't an argument.

You are choosing to uncritically parrot smears and extremely superficial labels for their positions and ignore and demean any evidence to the contrary.

If someone makes a well reasoned and good argument for a position on a particular case it doesn't mean they hate women and workers.
Gorsuch's history of being much more skeptical of executive power than the person the democrats nominated is proof you are wrong.

Sticking unflattering labels on people and cases doesn't actually demonstrate that these picks are out of the norm and big power grabs or that the cases were decided the wrong way.
Previous courts settled the cases you brought up.

If you want to argue that allowing people to make documentaries during election season is wrong, feel free to argue that. Its a different topic and it was decided in 2010.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Aug 19 2019 09:20pm
Warn: 20%
Aug 19 2019 10:02pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 20 Aug 2019 05:16)
Accusing me of not being familiar with their stances isn't an argument.

You are choosing to uncritically parrot smears and extremely superficial labels for their positions and ignore and demean any evidence to the contrary.

If someone makes a well reasoned and good argument for a position on a particular case it doesn't mean they hate women and workers.
Gorsuch's history of being much more skeptical of executive power than the person the democrats nominated is proof you are wrong.

Sticking unflattering labels on people and cases doesn't actually demonstrate that these picks are out of the norm and big power grabs or that the cases were decided the wrong way.
Previous courts settled the cases you brought up.

If you want to argue that allowing people to make documentaries during election season is wrong, feel free to argue that. Its a different topic and it was decided in 2010.

again, you don't have to HATE workers in order to have a record primarily siding with corporations over worker rights, even in some very extreme cases. why don't you at least leave the strawmen that i already put down?
sticking flattering labels on people and cases doesn't actually demonstrate that these picks are not what i described them as. you might frame it differently, you might even support their stance, but that doesn't magically change it.

try to get away from the whole right/wrong notion, i never argued either. obviously i personally prefer judges siding with voters / women / workers / checks and balances, but that does not mean it's 'wrong' not to. what i DO think is wrong, is trying to act like these records don't exist, like those judges weren't nominated exactly for those reasons, because they align with trump's interests.
i mean, i obviously get WHY it's done, considering one side has to be fooled to vote against the majority of their interest, but you could at least spare yourself the embarrassment of trying to fool people who see through it...

their records are not secret, do some reading.
inb4 cherry-picked 'look, he sided with workers in this particularly egregious and obvious case. so it's settled, he doesn't "hate" them. i am very intelligent.'

This post was edited by fender on Aug 19 2019 10:26pm
Gold: 285.00
Aug 20 2019 07:04pm
Trump asked Denmark if the US could buy Greenland from them, then cancelled his trip there when she said no that Greenland belongs to the people there. Lmao.

"The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!"

Holy shit.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 20 2019 07:04pm
Aug 20 2019 07:18pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 20 2019 08:04pm)
Trump asked Denmark if the US could buy Greenland from them, then cancelled his trip there when she said no that Greenland belongs to the people there. Lmao.

Holy shit.

Fiscal responsibility right there.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 20 2019 07:19pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 20 2019 09:18pm)

Jefferson bought a shitty piece of land from France and it worked out so why not give it a shot :p
Gold: 10.77
Aug 20 2019 07:19pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 20 2019 06:18pm)

The stupid Inuit aren't exploiting it enough. God says it is our manifest destiny to take it away from these genetically inferior beasts and take their oil.

/Not racist Republicans

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Aug 20 2019 07:20pm
Gold: 7,621.00
Aug 20 2019 07:40pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Aug 20 2019 09:19pm)
The stupid Inuit aren't exploiting it enough. God says it is our manifest destiny to take it away from these genetically inferior beasts and take their oil.

/Not racist Republicans

Assuming global warming keeps heading in the direction we expect it to, some of these regions will become prime real estate. Greenland is massive & has natural resources. I love the Danes and all but we'd be a lot better at developing Greenland.

If Trump somehow acquires Greenland, that alone would elevate his presidency above the last half a dozen presidents.
Gold: 10.77
Aug 20 2019 08:12pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 20 2019 06:40pm)
Assuming global warming keeps heading in the direction we expect it to, some of these regions will become prime real estate. Greenland is massive & has natural resources. I love the Danes and all but we'd be a lot better at developing Greenland.

If Trump somehow acquires Greenland, that alone would elevate his presidency above the last half a dozen presidents.

Fuck the planet for oil --> global warming --> fuck new areas for resources --> fuck the human race except a small thriving group of uber wealthy and their slaves.

What a dream world.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1315531563157315831593169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll