d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Photography > Which Camera Should I Buy ?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.34
Apr 8 2015 12:05pm
Hello community

so, i really enjoy making photography
im not that good in it, but still- i have a lot of fun walking arround to find some awesome places to shoot some pictures.
Here comes the question; i would like to know which camera is the best to start with it?
pls dont show me the supa xpensive stuff.. i hope to get something with 300-400$
is this even enough to buy some quality?

thanks for reading,
regards

Gold: 36.00
May 10 2015 09:33am
This is a pretty commonly asked question and I would most likely recommend the Canon T2i/3i,4i,5i since all four have the same sensor and produce the same quality photos but the newer ones have a flip out lcd screen. Another good suggesstion is the nikon d series, like the d5100 and above
Gold: 125.00
May 10 2015 08:58pm
Quote (KaffeeKaennchen @ Apr 8 2015 11:05am)
Hello community

so, i really enjoy making photography
im not that good in it, but still- i have a lot of fun walking arround to find some awesome places to shoot some pictures.
Here comes the question; i would like to know which camera is the best to start with it?
pls dont show me the supa xpensive stuff.. i hope to get something with 300-400$
is this even enough to buy some quality?

thanks for reading,
regards

With a $300-$400 budget, you can do one of two things:

1) Buy a discounted camera. On Nikon's side, that might be a D3200 alongside an 18-55mm lens. Not a bad choice. You could go with used as your discount to see what you can get instead.

or

2) Buy a point-and-shoot camera that is fairly decent, which can shoot in RAW format.

The important thing is that you start learning about focal length, ISO, shutter speed, composition, and some other basic stuff. If you keep improving (which you can with either of the above-mentioned choices, so long as you're shooting in RAW, and have the ability to manually select your ISO, shutter speed, and aperture), then you're all set. The other important thing is that you learn how to use Lightroom (you can pay for a subscription, or you can find it elsewhere, depending on what you want to do). Lightroom 6 offers some great new features.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on May 10 2015 08:58pm
Go Back To Photography Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll