d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Photography > Ive Been Thinking About Getting A Camera > And Learning Photoshop
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.69
Jan 2 2015 11:56am
I have no idea what kind of camera to get or how to use Photoshop

If it helps, I prefer taking pictures of landscapes. And is Photoshop difficult to use? Which version of Photoshop would I want to use?
Gold: 78.16
Jan 2 2015 05:55pm
Honestly id recommend a short course or watch a lot of YouTube tutorials.

Its a VERY intricate piece of software which takes years to master. It's not about just knowing how the tools work but why, which is equally important.

Camera.. just whatever suits your budget. I dont know much about the low end stuff but I presume its all the same.
Gold: 2,848.00
Mar 20 2015 07:41pm
Shoot for a t3i. Great beginner dslr camera. You can pick up a brand new one for 400 or 600 with accessories.
They have t4i and t5i. A little more costly. But, not worth the extra charge. Dont buy a used camera on craigslist or ebay as it could be damaged and with you not knowing anything about cameras wouldnt be able to tell.
T3i is also used by most beginner-professional videographers so you can record videos or take decent pics.
If its something you like to proceed with you can always upgrade to a canon 5d or 7d.
Go to youtube and search t3i photography and filmed with t3i to test quality.
Also if your a youngin' or someone with a low budget. I dont want to hear you say I cant afford a $600 camera. There are cameras worth $3,000+ and lens worth $5,000+.
You can buy a cheaper camera than the t3i. But, you will quickly outgrow it. Cheers!

This post was edited by Drew_Dat on Mar 20 2015 07:44pm
Go Back To Photography Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll