d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Hearthstone > Hearthstone General Discussion
Prev1107610771078107910801090Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.00
Jan 7 2019 09:17am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 7 2019 12:04am)
Dragon combo priest seems excellent atm. i'd suggest giving it a go.

decklist:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwQCZKXXgAAsb5F.jpg

If you just need those, yeah. its worth for me. top tier deck and supercollider and SS should be useful after the rotation.

i just wouldn't recommend people on a low budget to craft the quest and stuff right before rotation.

what you think about my list?

started at rank 10 and now i'm at rank 5+4stars.with very nice win streak.

my idea is...just fatigue my opponent. can have several copies of amara plus the archbishop benedictus.

my only hard opponent is the otk paladin..because i cant do anything actually.

huntard is hard,when they have the hunter hero early.other than that,the deck is pretty strong.

do you have any suggest please to tell me?
Gold: 192.56
Jan 7 2019 10:08am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 7 2019 02:04am)
Dragon combo priest seems excellent atm. i'd suggest giving it a go.

decklist:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwQCZKXXgAAsb5F.jpg

atm 6-0 went straight from rank 5 to 4. :)
pretty nice deck. :)
i just replaced mossy and unidentified elixir for an additional twilight acolyte + crazed alchemist against skulking :)

This post was edited by 1exx on Jan 7 2019 10:15am
Gold: 125.00
Jan 15 2019 12:32pm
Considering 100% quitting by dusting my collection repeatedly. Don’t want a way back in if I leave. The game just isn’t doing it for me, and I am not a fan of feeling the need to complete quests / grind. I dumped all grind games except for this one a couple years ago. I expect the game to continue to be supported in the same fashion it has been since it was released.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Jan 15 2019 12:33pm
Gold: 5.71
Jan 15 2019 02:33pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Jan 15 2019 01:32pm)
Considering 100% quitting by dusting my collection repeatedly. Don’t want a way back in if I leave. The game just isn’t doing it for me, and I am not a fan of feeling the need to complete quests / grind. I dumped all grind games except for this one a couple years ago. I expect the game to continue to be supported in the same fashion it has been since it was released.

Actually the only reason i ever quit.

Fuck needing to grind or paying just to play this fucking game.

Anyways how ya'll doing these days?
Gold: 192.56
Jan 16 2019 08:54am
stucking at the moment. going to rank 2 and back to 4-5 nearly every day. :wacko:
i am happy for any advice :P
Gold: 10,176.60
Jan 19 2019 03:19am
Quote (1exx @ Jan 16 2019 02:54pm)
stucking at the moment. going to rank 2 and back to 4-5 nearly every day. :wacko:

i keep getting stuck 1 game from rank 5 and than losing 3+ games in a row
like the 4th time it has happened

This post was edited by low-ki on Jan 19 2019 03:19am
Gold: 2,407.00
Jan 19 2019 09:18am
Quote (1exx @ Jan 16 2019 09:54am)

Play smarter. I absolutely have gotten up to rank 3/2 then just autopilot and fall to rank 5.
Gold: 7,525.35
Jan 19 2019 12:20pm
#1 tip is slow down and take longer thinking about your plays. even if its obvious think about it and think about what you can do next turn.
You don't have to go full ropecoach, but there is a reason why he took so long making his plays.
Gold: 64,895.00
Jan 20 2019 07:59pm
nvm im retarded and so is hearthstone

This post was edited by Airwaves on Jan 20 2019 08:24pm
Gold: 17,609.00
Jan 22 2019 12:51pm
Quote (Airwaves @ 20 Jan 2019 21:59)
nvm im retarded and so is hearthstone

the salt is strong with this one.

good we need less players that get beat so bad they just afk instead of the honourable concede and waste 2 mins of my time because you are an emotional butthurt lolocaust of sad.

.............jk I do that too

Quote (1exx @ 16 Jan 2019 10:54)

I Suggest keeping two different archetypes. One is your deck that will win, the other is the deck that counters your deck's counters... So if you run into a patch of say all combo decks, you can whip out a counter to combo decks, get over that hurdle, then switch back to your main deck.

Typically I keep a control Dragon priest as my backup. Solid 54% winrate deck.which absofuckinglutely ruins face decks. and I tempo hunter almost everything else because personal preference.

Also. Follow the data. Use Hearthstone deck tracker. Utilize the features it has. Follow the data. If you have a deck that wins 100% against druids. then you know it works against druids. Trust the numbers, but also play lots of games to gather accurate data. If you are 100% winrate vs druid, but only played 3 games......................................................... no.

The other thing is understanding value interactions in a matchup. For example. Dragon priest is winning if he can Steal both Voidlord with the 2x 3 mana 6 mana 2 card combo. There are specific interactions in each matchup that cause severe detriment in one way, These are the scenarios you are looking for, but especially if you are a tempo deck you can't always wait for these opportune moments. So you KNOW you need to now kill an extra voidlord and the warlock is GOING to get another void from his DK. Each deck has limitted resources if your main way of dealing with something you know is coming has to be used, you need to still be prepared for that big swing turn that will fucking ruin you. So each games play can change especially with older variants of Warlock control as to how you deal with each situation but ensuring you account for how many resources should be dedicated to eradicating a current threat versus the other known threats with the other 29 cards. Brutally simple example: Dont Syphon soul a 3/3 wolf token, because you know he is going to drop KingKrush later... (yes there are exceptions to every rule)

Also: Like in Magic, havign a readied sideboard of tech cards comes in handy.... hitting a wave of control paladins? get rid of your mct and throw in a harrison.... hitting a wave of face hunter? Take out one of your late game threats and sub in an extra board clear or any of the plethora of early game defense cards tar creeper is a staple card for those situations. But just becuase you hit this wall of say face hunters, be ready to tech back your extra 9 drop or your extra mct because you will get past the wall and hit a new pocket of stuff.

Keep yourself from getting upset and irrational.. No one is 100% winrate. You ARE going to lose games. Best decks in HS have %55 win rate. When you see yourself start to slide. One thing that helps is literally taking 5-10 minutes. Go for a smoke, go brush your teeth, check your email. Something to allow you to refocus on winninginstead of 'oh god i better not lose'-ing. Exactly as in Chess, in Hearthstone Offense is the BEST defense, therefore simply thinking with a I need to kill him mindset is more lethal than I want to survive this mentality.

One thing I forgot that is arguably more importatn than many points above. is Knowing how to mulligan. Some matchups, you need a way to stop vicious fledgling. That means. YOU HARD MULLIGAN FOR A STOP TO VICIOUS FLEDGLING. It doesnt matter that you have 3 1 drops. It doesnt amtter that you got all your early game that usually works, if you dont have a counter to flappy bird. you lose. So sometimes you are hard mulliganing for fledgling. If you have prince in your deck. YOU GENERALLY HARD MULLIGAN FOR PRINCE, doesnt matter that you have a 1 2 3 4 hand. prince is highest winrate plain and simple.

This post was edited by Crunktd on Jan 22 2019 01:26pm
Go Back To Hearthstone Topic List
Prev1107610771078107910801090Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll