d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Permaculture And Sustainable Living > Solutions For A Peaceful, Loving World
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 8 2014 12:45pm
Quote (true_lucif3r @ Dec 8 2014 06:04am)
Good for you mate! We ourselves, would hate to see a descendant of the roman emperors like you, "degrade" into a peasant. :D

it's not my fault if you can't see that going back to being a simple primitive farmer is a huge leap backwards.

too many people forget how shitty that life really is before spouting off bullshit like this being a good thing.
Gold: 1,200.00
Dec 9 2014 09:37pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ 8 Dec 2014 21:45)
it's not my fault if you can't see that going back to being a simple primitive farmer is a huge leap backwards.

too many people forget how shitty that life really is before spouting off bullshit like this being a good thing.

Sure.
But there's nowhere smth about making every man a farmer in the 1st post (unless im mistaken)
That would defeat every other purpose of our society (they way it is nowadays)

As everybody being an applied mathematics master, or a doctor, or scientist/technician/egnineer, etc etc.
Half your lifetime is spent on instinctive actions and reactions (be it job, hobby, entertainment, lifestyle, whatever) i don't see it holding back our way to evolve and progress further :D

Take sex/intercourse (can't think of a better example) as a primitive connection(as it can possibly get), for how much our life is based around it! Farfetced example, But u see what I mean!

This post was edited by true_lucif3r on Dec 9 2014 09:40pm
Gold: 0.00
Dec 10 2014 03:07am
Quote (true_lucif3r @ Dec 9 2014 10:37pm)
Sure.
But there's nowhere smth about making every man a farmer in the 1st post (unless im mistaken)
That would defeat every other purpose of our society (they way it is nowadays)

As everybody being an applied mathematics master, or a doctor, or scientist/technician/egnineer, etc etc.
Half your lifetime is spent on instinctive actions and reactions (be it job, hobby, entertainment, lifestyle, whatever) i don't see it holding back our way to evolve and progress further :D

Take sex/intercourse (can't think of a better example) as a primitive connection(as it can possibly get), for how much our life is based around it! Farfetced example, But u see what I mean!

thats what it'd take to make this kind of thing viable for anyone. its simply too much work to do this+live how we do now because there are only so many hours in a day.

this whole idea is trying a fix a problem by going backwards rather than going forwards.

for example something as basic as on grid solar panels would be incredibly helpful if they became the norm. there is no need to go back to spending 12 hours a day in the fields when you can simply use technology to alleviate your energy problem cleanly.
Gold: 4,966.59
Dec 10 2014 05:18am
No one read about the new technological ways of agriculture?

I learned many years ago, that they're trying to create a habitate for growing food, without chemicals. All natural; sun, rain, etc.
They said, the whole idea is still a bit far, mostly because lack of funding. That it would take another 10 - 20 years for these new "farms" to become a reality.
And it would be able to create food all year long, due to being in a safe and closed environment.
One drawback, if I recall correctly, was the amount of $ it would take to make one, which is in the millions. But the fact that you'd be able to grow food 365 days long would end up being more beneficial, then the current systems in place.

---

As for the topic, I do give props to those who live this way. I would really like it, I love nature and would enjoy it, much more than going out to buy "food".
I also, agree it's not for everyone.
My grandfather used to live similar to this, he was a retired man with no need of $. He enjoyed working in his garden for hours and hours.

Around 15 years ago, I did a test (aptitude I believe it was. Fukn french, so idk the exact word). Out of I think 10, the #1 option I was told would suit me best was, horticulturist.
I was young back then, truely a different person.

---

The downside to this way of living, solar pannels and other "green" ways, is the fact that it's not cheap to get it going. If one day they become manditory, the prices will drop and it would be a better world.
And there in lies the whole problem, big coorporations will do w/e they can to halt/slow the process of progress, just so they can have more control over everything and ofc fill up their pockets even more.
Sad sad world...
Gold: 1,200.00
Dec 10 2014 07:47am
Quote (James84 @ 10 Dec 2014 13:18)
No one read about the new technological ways of agriculture?

I learned many years ago, that they're trying to create a habitate for growing food, without chemicals. All natural; sun, rain, etc.
They said, the whole idea is still a bit far, mostly because lack of funding. That it would take another 10 - 20 years for these new "farms" to become a reality.
And it would be able to create food all year long, due to being in a safe and closed environment.
One drawback, if I recall correctly, was the amount of $ it would take to make one, which is in the millions. But the fact that you'd be able to grow food 365 days long would end up being more beneficial, then the current systems in place.

---

As for the topic, I do give props to those who live this way. I would really like it, I love nature and would enjoy it, much more than going out to buy "food".
I also, agree it's not for everyone.
My grandfather used to live similar to this, he was a retired man with no need of $. He enjoyed working in his garden for hours and hours.

Around 15 years ago, I did a test (aptitude I believe it was. Fukn french, so idk the exact word). Out of I think 10, the #1 option I was told would suit me best was, horticulturist.
I was young back then, truely a different person.

---

The downside to this way of living, solar pannels and other "green" ways, is the fact that it's not cheap to get it going. If one day they become manditory, the prices will drop and it would be a better world.
And there in lies the whole problem, big coorporations will do w/e they can to halt/slow the process of progress, just so they can have more control over everything and ofc fill up their pockets even more.
Sad sad world...

Exactly. When more people study this tech and learn to apply it, more manufacturers will start making the parts, so if/when they do this,
we will be able to start replacing the "dirty" ones. This will make them cheaper, and available in a larger basis to public demand etc etc.

Very good :D
Gold: 759.00
Dec 23 2014 07:02pm
yo wall of text so high, even an space shuttle can't fly over it
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll