d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Thinking About Buying A Nice Set Of Golf Clubs
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2014 12:30pm
So far I like the feel and performance from Callaway. Do you guys think Callaway is the top tier of golf clubs?
Gold: 0.90
Oct 15 2014 03:24pm
Beginner?

Titleist is top tier imo, but more for advanced players.

Adams, Callaway, Ping are all good brands, I am really anti-Taylormade. They each offer different sets for different skill levels

This post was edited by Meatstick on Oct 15 2014 03:24pm
Gold: 6,800.07
Oct 16 2014 11:48pm
About the middle tier
Gold: 248.00
Oct 20 2014 01:28am

All depends, forged irons or cavity backs? Cavity backs these days take your pick, Ping, Callaway, Titleist.

Mizuno have been making the best forged clubs for a long time, but again there does not seem to be much difference between brands, I have Callaway 2013 X Forged and love them.

Probably more important to get your shaft stiffness right.

In all truth the clubs mean shit all though, people love to think some nice new clubs with change their game, best money spent is getting lessons and at the ball range.
Gold: 155.00
Oct 20 2014 01:45am
Quote (Psychonautica @ Oct 20 2014 02:28am)
All depends, forged irons or cavity backs? Cavity backs these days take your pick, Ping, Callaway, Titleist.

Mizuno have been making the best forged clubs for a long time, but again there does not seem to be much difference between brands, I have Callaway 2013 X Forged and love them.

Probably more important to get your shaft stiffness right.

In all truth the clubs mean shit all though, people love to think some nice new clubs with change their game, best money spent is getting lessons and at the ball range.

Clubs can and do have a huge impact On a players game.

I'm not saying it makes a player good or anything by any means but a wrong set of clubs can effect more than you think.
Learning fundamentals are key..learning your swing and what's comfortable. Club preferences will come once you have found a fluid motion for each club. I do agree with you the range should be visited a lot especially when trying to learn the game.

Gold: 248.00
Oct 20 2014 08:14pm
Quote (iRTB @ Oct 20 2014 05:45pm)
Clubs can and do have a huge impact On a players game.

I'm not saying it makes a player good or anything by any means but a wrong set of clubs can effect more than you think.
Learning fundamentals are key..learning your swing and what's comfortable. Club preferences will come once you have found a fluid motion for each club. I do agree with you the range should be visited a lot especially when trying to learn the game.

Yeah, I was not necessarily saying its not important, but that nice new overly hyped technology means next to nothing, the golf industry is probably the worst for bs marketing gimmicks. But I stand by what I say about irons, there is next no difference between them, especially forged irons, a set from 5 years ago is going to be minimally different from 2014.

Getting fitted is most important I think, test as many clubs as you can, see what feels right and what works on the monitor/numbers as well. Drivers are probably the most varying club, different results for everyone with different types, then you will get completely different results from shaft type as well with the same drive head; fitting for driver is essential.

After all that it is still 90% ball striking and practise imo, a good player will still kick your arse with 15 year old clubs.
Gold: 670.63
Dec 10 2014 02:51am
I used to go with titleist, really love their clubs, and I had a Ping putter, as they imo make the best putters.

However I changed to Nike (full set) since I get them for free, as my friend got them as sponser, and I must admit, these clubs are very very good :)

But really, I'd say there's a lot of variorty in the diffrent brands, and such. It all comes down to how much you wanna spend as well. :)
Gold: 0.60
Dec 11 2014 02:03am
Quote (Koffing @ Oct 15 2014 01:30pm)
So far I like the feel and performance from Callaway. Do you guys think Callaway is the top tier of golf clubs?

callaway for drivers

pings or titlest for your irons your fucking set..
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll