d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Guide: How To Bypass Avg's Threat Detection Of D2
Closed New Topic
Gold: 68.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 21 2014 06:49pm

Welcome to the guide on how to bypass AVG's threat detection of Diablo II.exe

Section 1: Why?
Section 2: What if AVG already quarantined my Diablo II.exe?
Section 3: How to configure Diablo 2 to bypass AVG so you may continue playing.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Section 1: Why?
Why does AVG flag an ancient game as a risk? Diablo 2 uses Diablo II.exe to launch Game.exe. Using an executable to launch another executable is actually pretty suspicious in the internet security world.

If you received this flag from AVG – don’t worry, it’s a false positive.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Section 2: What if AVG already quarantined my Diablo II.exe?

Let's get it back in place!

1) Open AVG user interface.
2) Choose “Virus Vault” option from the “History” menu.
3) Locate “Diablo II.exe” – click on it.
4) Now click the “Restore” button.
Diablo II.exe will now be placed back into it’s appropriate folder.

Section 3: How to configure Diablo 2 to bypass AVG so you may continue playing.

It’s very simple to bypass AVG’s security so you can continue playing.

1) Right click on your Diablo 2 icon
2) Select “Properties”
3) In your “Target” line, edit by removing “Diablo II.exe” and put in “Game.exe”

It should now look like this. If so, you are now good to go! AVG will no longer detect Diablo 2 as a threat since you are now launching the game through a single executable.

*Note – some may advise to add your Diablo 2 pathway to AVG’s protected folder list. I highly urge against this, in case some type of key logger or virus were to make it’s way into that folder in the future, AVG wouldn't know to catch it!*

Thanks for following my guide & hope it helps!
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Closed New Topic