d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Calgary Flames Official Fan Thread > The C Of Red
Prev1390391392393394475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,801.00
Oct 9 2020 06:04pm
Wish Markstrom the best in Calgary, just not against the Canucks. We lost a quality goalie and a good locker room guy.

Age is not the only factor. It is injury history and mileage.

Markstrom has played lots of games, stopped lots of pucks and has suffered numerous serious injuries.

I hope he stays healthy and enjoys his prime for at least a few more years but based on the factors above I am not upset the Canucks chose to not match a 6x6 deal.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Oct 9 2020 06:05pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 9 2020 06:23pm
Quote (Bruin @ 9 Oct 2020 16:55)
tim thomas won a cup at 37

That's cuz he wasn't human and Luongo pumped his tires.

Quote (Killingyouall @ 9 Oct 2020 17:04)
Wish Markstrom the best in Calgary, just not against the Canucks. We lost a quality goalie and a good locker room guy.

Age is not the only factor. It is injury history and mileage.

Markstrom has played lots of games, stopped lots of pucks and has suffered numerous serious injuries.

I hope he stays healthy and enjoys his prime for at least a few more years but based on the factors above I am not upset the Canucks chose to not match a 6x6 deal.

Petey will be mad, how dare you leave me fellow Swede sir and score hat trickS on him

He probably would've stayed with vqncouver even if it was 5x5 offer. The biggest thing was nmc he wanted but Benning didn't agree, especially for Seattle draft.

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 9 2020 06:25pm
Gold: 6,000.00
Gold: 12,140.00
Oct 9 2020 09:15pm
I write this with my keyboard flooded by my own tears.

Tanev has been my favorite player and objectively our best player overall the past 6 years or so.

Simply are not too many players around the league that can consistently defend against top players and lines and make it look easy.

Not only that, but it's rare he ever makes a bad play with the puck on his stick. His ability to hold onto the puck and make a tape to tape pass for an exit no matter how much pressure he's under is ridiculous.

Can also skate well, and although he doesn't have much offensive ability in him, he knows how/when to join a rush.

Fearless shot blocker and never afraid to take a hit to make a play, albeit two of the main reasons he's had injury troubles.

He hasn't been AS incredible the past 3 years or so but still great, the team around him has been pretty trash defensively so a lot of the times he was on an island.

I don't know how he'll look at the back end of this contract given his injury history but for now, while your window is open, he's a great fit.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 9 2020 09:23pm
Lol Calgary takes our great players already past their prime. I'm gonna be stoked in 3 years when these contracts are trash and they tank.
Oct 9 2020 09:30pm
Quote (LuLer @ Oct 9 2020 09:15pm)

Tanev has been my favorite player and objectively our best player overall the past 6 years or so.

Simply are not too many players around the league that can consistently defend against top players and lines and make it look easy.

Not only that, but it's rare he ever makes a bad play with the puck on his stick. His ability to hold onto the puck and make a tape to tape pass for an exit no matter how much pressure he's under is ridiculous.

Can also skate well, and although he doesn't have much offensive ability in him, he knows how/when to join a rush.

Fearless shot blocker and never afraid to take a hit to make a play, albeit two of the main reasons he's had injury troubles.

He hasn't been AS incredible the past 3 years or so but still great, the team around him has been pretty trash defensively so a lot of the times he was on an island.

I don't know how he'll look at the back end of this contract given his injury history but for now, while your window is open, he's a great fit.

Ty for your sacrifice, we will get them both a cup.

Quote (LooseyGoosey11 @ Oct 9 2020 09:23pm)
Lol Calgary takes our great players already past their prime. I'm gonna be stoked in 3 years when these contracts are trash and they tank.

Mmm loosey tears are so delicious
Oct 9 2020 09:55pm
Tanev always had incredible work ethic and gave it his all.

That being said Tanev is 30, has played hard minutes and his best hockey is probably behind him.

4 years @ 4.5 I can live with him playing for another team..... Damn though two Mainstays for the Canucks on the Flames.

Wish they went to East coast teams. Tanev was one of my favorite Canucks because he always gave it full effort every shift and you could put him out there with confidence.
Oct 9 2020 09:57pm
Quote (LuLer @ Oct 9 2020 08:15pm)

Its tough man. Over 500 games with the club..... I just hate how it had to be Calgary of all teams.
Oct 19 2020 07:32pm
Flames sign Joakim Nordstrom.

Markstrom, Lindholm and Nordstrom all spend their summers together in Sweden, leaned on Tre I’m guessing.
Gold: 345.69
Oct 20 2020 10:51am
Quote (StayPositive @ 19 Oct 2020 19:32)
Flames sign Joakim Nordstrom.

Markstrom, Lindholm and Nordstrom all spend their summers together in Sweden, leaned on Tre I’m guessing.

Should be a great value contract for the flames

I doubt Tre needed to be leaned on to sign at 700k

This post was edited by Bruin on Oct 20 2020 10:52am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1390391392393394475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll