d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Calgary Flames Official Fan Thread > The C Of Red
Prev1285286287288289475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,600.00
Jun 25 2018 07:15pm
Friedman says Dougie refused to not play the top pair, which is why we never saw Brodie reunited with Gio when it became clear and Brodie and Hamonic had no chemistry together. Also, obviously, the stuff with his brother was a problem. Dougie pouted for days, and even a bit to the press about it, and flames took exception to that. Dougie also wanted more pp time early on and was annoying about it. So, definitely personality clashes after all. Also, it’s now clear that he was being shopped, and this was the best offer. Treliving was also convinced Fox was going to walk, so he didn’t want to just get a 3rd for him like what happened with Vesey.

Hanafin and Lindholm both rejected offers from the Canes, and I guess with Lindholm that last day of negotiations got really ugly. So they’ve got something to prove.

After seeing the ragtag Knights run all the way to the final with their tight dressing room, I think the Flames wanted to cut out any hint of drama. Hanafin is really tight with Johnny and Tkachuk from USA hockey, which obviously they accounted for.

Ferland, great guy, but he’s a UFA shortly, and it kind of smells like a Colborne or Bouma situation. Maybe we sign him for a 4th line guy, but I think somebody’s going to give him a contract they really regret.

So I think I like the trade now. Trading Dougie for a superstar winger may have been possible, but then we would have had a huge hole on defense, so getting a stud D back makes more sense anyway...

This post was edited by StayPositive on Jun 25 2018 07:24pm
Gold: 1,153.00
Jun 25 2018 07:32pm
Agreed. Best was to replace Dougie with another elite dman imo.
He definitely sounds like your typical millennial who doesn’t get his way.
Jul 3 2018 09:56am
Gaudreau Monahan Neal
Tkachuk Backlund Lindholm
Bennett Ryan Frolik
Czarnik Jankowski Brouwer

Giordano Brodie
Hanifin Hamonic
Kulak Stone

Smith
Rittich

Still work to do, gotta make a D spot for Anderssen. Move Brouwer and Stone if possible.

Bill Peters says he wants to play Neal and Tkachuk on the same line. Neal - Bennett - Tkachuk? Holy fuk the games are going to be 4 hours long with all the scrums. :drool: Chucky gets a 225lbs skilled winger to back him up.

This post was edited by StayPositive on Jul 3 2018 09:58am
Gold: 1,041.68
Jul 3 2018 10:14am
Really encouraging to see Neal sign a fairly team friendly deal to come to Calgary. I'm sure he left money on the table and it's nice we atracted a decently big named FA without having to overpay.

As of now,

In:
James Neal
Noah Hanifin
Elias Lindholm
Derek Ryan
Austin Czarnik

Out:
Michael Ferland
Dougie Hamilton
Kris Versteeg
Nick Shore
Chris Stewart
Matt Bartkowski
Tanner Glass

Overall, we got a way more skilled at Wing and gave up from a position of strength (defense). The more I think about the Dougie trade, the more I like it. He was basically the only d-man we could have moved and received value back. Getting rid of Ferland after a 20+ Goal campaign was also a good idea, I agree it could have led to a regrettable contract. Frankly, as much as I hate people tossing mud after someone leaves, it really seems like Dougie wasnt a good fit here. Refused to give up the top pair, threw a hissy fit when his brother got waived, didnt really mesh with the team, etc. I honestly applaud the Organization for getting rid of him at max value before it came out that he was disgruntled.

We also have huge flexibility at RW and Centre because of all the guys we now have who can play multiple positions. I'm really intrigued to see how the lines come together, but like I said we have a ton of flexibility to move guys around. These are the lines I've liked the most:

Line #1: Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Line #2: Tkachuk - Backlund - Neal (Doughty already having nightmares)
Line #3a: Bennett - Jankowski - Czarnik
Line #4: Frolik - Ryan - Brouwer

I still wish we could get rid of Brouwers deal somehow because Mangiapane, Dube and Lazar could all use looks on the 4th/3rd line. Either way, encouraging to see the depth we have if we were to lose a guy due to injury.

This post was edited by GSG on Jul 3 2018 10:16am
Jul 3 2018 10:21am
Quote (GSG @ Jul 3 2018 10:14am)
Really encouraging to see Neal sign a fairly team friendly deal to come to Calgary. I'm sure he left money on the table and it's nice we atracted a decently big named FA without having to overpay.

As of now,

In:
James Neal
Noah Hanifin
Elias Lindholm
Derek Ryan
Austin Czarnik

Out:
Michael Ferland
Dougie Hamilton
Kris Versteeg
Nick Shore
Chris Stewart
Matt Bartkowski
Tanner Glass

Overall, we got a way more skilled at Wing and gave up from a position of strength (defense). The more I think about the Dougie trade, the more I like it. He was basically the only d-man we could have moved and received value back. Getting rid of Ferland after a 20+ Goal campaign was also a good idea, I agree it could have led to a regrettable contract. Frankly, as much as I hate people tossing mud after someone leaves, it really seems like Dougie wasnt a good fit here. Refused to give up the top pair, threw a hissy fit when his brother got waived, didnt really mesh with the team, etc. I honestly applaud the Organization for getting rid of him at max value before it came out that he was disgruntled.

We also have huge flexibility at RW and Centre because of all the guys we now have who can play multiple positions. I'm really intrigued to see how the lines come together, but like I said we have a ton of flexibility to move guys around. These are the lines I've liked the most:

Line #1: Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Line #2: Tkachuk - Backlund - Neal (Doughty already having nightmares)
Line #3a: Bennett - Jankowski - Czarnik
Line #4: Frolik - Ryan - Brouwer

I still wish we could get rid of Brouwers deal somehow because Mangiapane, Dube and Lazar could all use looks on the 4th/3rd line. Either way, encouraging to see the depth we have if we were to lose a guy due to injury.

Hey u copied me

Tkachuk - Backlund - Neal. Backlund said he'd never been in so many scrums before being on a line with Tkachuk. Poor guy's fucked now.
Gold: 345.69
Jul 30 2018 02:16pm
just watched the Iginla retirement presser

guy is too classy for this city
Jul 30 2018 02:46pm
Quote (Bruin @ Jul 30 2018 02:16pm)
just watched the Iginla retirement presser

guy is too classy for this city

true
Aug 12 2018 12:01pm
Snuck through the #93 today while it was open. Foresr fires raging on the side of the road, looks like Mordor.
Gold: 1,153.00
Aug 12 2018 12:21pm
Quote (StayPositive @ Aug 12 2018 12:01pm)
Snuck through the #93 today while it was open. Foresr fires raging on the side of the road, looks like Mordor.

It’s good for the enviroment
Gold: 22,118.85
Aug 12 2018 01:44pm
Quote (StayPositive @ 12 Aug 2018 21:01)

pics
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1285286287288289475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll