v1.29.0 release notes
- Fixed a crash bug with logging out while skilling
- Elemental Education and No Maze No More now spawn easier
- Mirror Maze reward increased from 5-10 GPs to 7-15 GPs per person
- Removed "max level" limit on all objectives. This was set to 99 for all objectives, which would not allow you to complete any objective once you were over level 99.
- Increased odds to find multi-stat potions
- (bug fix) Frostivil will use ability now
- Added an "All" checkbox next to the Refresh icon on the Groups List window that will allow you to list all created groups, even those that are full or outside your level range.
* Note that this only lists groups when you click the refresh button. You will not receive auto notifications when groups outside your range are created.
- Map system (finally) added, opening more doors for more goodies!
* Map items will now be given as rewards for exploring the entire maze. Level and quality depends upon what level you explore the maze at.
* Maps will spawn with various bonus mods, and link to specific zones. Within those zones are specific monsters, native to that area.
* When exploring a map, gameplay is slightly different. There are no random encounters for turning or moving on explored spaces, traps or wells. At the end of each map is an "uber chest".
* Monsters will continue to level with you, up until a cap based upon the tier of map you are using.
* Some of the map mods include: +Evil Presences, +Experience Gain, +Item Drops, +Item Quality, and more!
* Please note that in order to use a map, you must be the leader and your entire group must be in town.
As an aside, the map system has been planned since mid-2010, with big inspiration from Dragon Quest 9. This was something that fit in well with my overall design plan on Ladder Slasher, namely, the ability to jump into instant combat action, while still having a sense that there is a world or something to explore. It also fit well within the already defined and designed monster eco-system, and compliments it nicely. As many of you already know, the DQ series has been a huge inspiration to my game designs, so this is just one more tribute to such a great game.
Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy the new features!
Make sure to return to the main http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org
portal and reclick your desired game size to get to the 1.29.0 version.