d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Fire, Walk With Me
Prev16768697071Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 64,895.00
Jan 26 2014 09:37pm
Quote (xagemax @ Jan 26 2014 09:33pm)
This was the first walk through I've ever checked out, and it was totally awesome!

Exhilarating! Great job, Ariwaves! Congratulations and glad you made it!

I'm honored. :o
Gold: 1,993.01
Jan 26 2014 11:24pm
Quote (Airwaves @ Jan 26 2014 03:12pm)
Fort = good luck finding a Lo.

Grief = good luck finding a Lo.

Harmony = Passion gives a better ias frame AND attack rating AND huge def mods for stafe , Melody is better for pure Ice.

Insight = if going to town every other screen for mana pots is supposed to be balanced, then okay.  Damage is on par with other mid-NM options CM / Passion.

Oath = technically, yes.  however it's only "op" as conquest/cryptic/2hander, and at that point a zeal/barb really fucking needs the damage.

Obedience = again, only going to hit 1k damage in a very slow, eth, elite polearm.  borderline.

So your reason for shunning somebody's walkthrough is two borderline situational mid-rune physical weapons, and spirit.  What point are you proving here?

Just try and have fun, man.  It's not a popularity contest.

Congrats on completing your WT, wish I saw it beforehand.

In this quote though, what did you mean by Cryptic? Cryptic Sword since Oath cannot go into a Cryptic Axe? If Sword, why not socket it into a Ethereal Berserker Axe instead?
Jan 26 2014 11:33pm
I forgot to look up eth maces/axes.

Also forgot it's got a zod in it. I wasn't really paying attention.

Oath is op as hell. ._.

This post was edited by Airwaves on Jan 26 2014 11:34pm
Jan 26 2014 11:38pm
Quote (Airwaves @ Jan 26 2014 09:33pm)
I had http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/index.php/Cutlass#PhaseBlade up and forgot to look up eth maces/axes.

Also forgot it's got a zod in it.  I wasn't really paying attention.

Oath is op as hell. ._.

Oath cannot go into a Hammer, since it's not a mace, no? And putting it into a Hell Version of a Flail would be a bad idea? Surely the Axe is the only one true choice (unless you were heartsent on the 50% damage to undead?). I wouldn't say anything is OP though since it's in the game? I mean.... is using Bloodfists overpowered? What about Rattlecage or Manald Heal Ring? What about speccing into Zeal for early levels then respeccing to Hammerdin?

I feel like Ladder runewords were intended to fill the gaps in the game (ex. Insight for heavy mana users) that the Lord of Destruction didn't have. Obviously D2 vanilla is a completely different story and doesn't apply here. But yeah, I don't think Oath is overpowered, more in the sense that you'd be dumb not to go for it along your way to getting something like a Breath of the Dying.

This post was edited by Hatefiend on Jan 26 2014 11:38pm
Jan 26 2014 11:46pm
Quote (Hatefiend @ Jan 26 2014 11:38pm)
I wouldn't say anything is OP though since it's in the game?

That's where I stand on the matter of ladder runewords. I can't say the same for things like Anni, that completely change your gear setup to softcore.

I feel like Ladder runewords were intended to fill the gaps in the game (ex. Insight for heavy mana users) that the Lord of Destruction didn't have. Obviously D2 vanilla is a completely different story and doesn't apply here. But yeah, I don't think Oath is overpowered, more in the sense that you'd be dumb not to go for it along your way to getting something like a Breath of the Dying.

For the runes, things like Harmony and Oath are quite overpowered. Yet, you have to consider the characters using them have no viable options aside Passion / niche BiS uniques.

I wouldn't call it a gap filler. I would call it lazy/poor patching. :p

Zeal for early levels then respeccing to Hammerdin?

If you do this... -_-

This post was edited by Airwaves on Jan 26 2014 11:46pm
Jan 27 2014 12:05am
Quote (Airwaves @ Jan 26 2014 09:46pm)
That's where I stand on the matter of ladder runewords.  I can't say the same for things like Anni, that completely change your gear setup to softcore.

For the runes, things like Harmony and Oath are quite overpowered.  Yet, you have to consider the characters using them have no viable options aside Passion / niche BiS uniques.

I wouldn't call it a gap filler.  I would call it lazy/poor patching. :p

If you do this... -_-

Exactly. You look at the runes that make them and it's like.... ok, but what can a Barb use for that period of time? Bonesnap only gets you so far. Paladin is not too different.

The Hammerdin thing is just playing smart though. For example, let's say I did a Bowazon walk through. I don't think an endgame Bowazon would need to use Valyrie right? But if I did a WT, I'd rush Valkyrie right away or else it'd be pretty painful, then respec later on to something that isn't painful. Unless you are doing a WT that specifically says no respeccing or something like that, then that's ok. I think those two scenario's are like the same thing. Does it make the game easy as pie though? Single player at x8 even as a Hammerdin must still be a challenge right? You need the proper gear to make it work don't you?

This post was edited by Hatefiend on Jan 27 2014 12:09am
Gold: 5.00
Jan 27 2014 12:16am
Quote (Hatefiend @ Jan 26 2014 10:05pm)
Exactly. You look at the runes that make them and it's like.... ok, but what can a Barb use for that period of time? Bonesnap only gets you so far. Paladin is not too different.

The Hammerdin thing is just playing smart though. For example, let's say I did a Bowazon walk through. I don't think an endgame Bowazon would need to use Valyrie right? But if I did a WT, I'd rush Valkyrie right away or else it'd be pretty painful, then respec later on to something that isn't painful. Unless you are doing a WT that specifically says no respeccing or something like that, then that's ok. I think those two scenario's are like the same thing. Does it make the game easy as pie though? Single player at x8 even as a Hammerdin must still be a challenge right? You need the proper gear to make it work don't you?

No
1. Hammer damage really strong with crap gear
2. Only magic immunes will stop you which is rare
3. EASY to get max res/max block with pally ( pally shields strong )
4. HP on pallys increase at a much faster rate ( safer then other classes )
5. LOW ass breakpoints for FHR and FCR compared to other classes by far

Only hard part about hammerdin is landing a hammer lol

This post was edited by LadMerc on Jan 27 2014 12:17am
Jan 27 2014 12:26am
Quote (LadMerc @ Jan 26 2014 10:16pm)
No
1. Hammer damage really strong with crap gear
2. Only magic immunes will stop you which is rare
3. EASY to get max res/max block with pally ( pally shields strong )
4. HP on pallys increase at a much faster rate ( safer then other classes )
5. LOW ass breakpoints for FHR and FCR compared to other classes by far

Only hard part about hammerdin is landing a hammer lol

Ah I see. I didn't think about all of those factors. At what point do you switch to Hammerdin from Zeal? Mid Nightmare?

Also, is the same true in classic?
Gold: 11,211.00
Jan 27 2014 05:33am
I believe hp on pala is the same than assassins / java, isn't it? and fhr / fcr breaks is the same than necromancer.
But the non inmunes till ancients tunnel / a5 waves is really stronk
Feb 2 2014 10:23pm
I'm doing farmathon, so I guess you guys get updates.
So no more ladder rw / hammerdin spam!

We'll be looking for vex, mal, ebug armors, and cat's eye. Also looking for eth threshers. My obedience is godly, but you don't want to live in a world where you use a mana pot every 12 seconds.

Still have a reset left, but I decided against stafe/fa unless I get a real bow.

Moar diadems. Moar nope.

Non giant variety, please.

Eth, please. -_-

This post was edited by Airwaves on Feb 2 2014 10:24pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev16768697071Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll