d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > Do You Even Craft Beer ?
Prev1234572Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 120.00
Nov 15 2013 08:53am
yeah your right west coast is killing the east. we only have a few decent breweries . west has a ton of great ones. i think tho in a few years well have a better craft selection, least locally.

um brew dogs has lik a 56 % brew. but thats like scotland.
Gold: 46.00
Nov 15 2013 09:08am
Quote (PurpleBuds @ Nov 14 2013 08:42pm)
The movement in the west coast is definitely ahead of the east, especially in the Sours department

Favorite brewery would be a local brewery called Karbach Brewing Co., but I'm big into Rogue and Paulaner

Favorite styles of beer... Hefeweizens, Doppelbocks, IPA

Food really depends on the beer and what notes of flavor you're getting, so I'll skip that

I believe Dogfish used to have a record for the highest ABV% beer a few years ago, but I may be mistaken. Something near 40%, while yeast strains die anywhere above 25%, it was achieved through freezing and filtering

Regardless, Dogfish is always trying to keep that edge, while still having some good beer

Ive had a Dogfish head IPA @ The yard house in socal before that was like 23% and it was actually pretty good haha

Of course they only serve it in the goblet or w/e
Nov 19 2013 08:10pm
thats crazy i went to a yard house last night. but the legal limit in nc is lik 15 % i think. lame. there half yard of beer is only 2 beers was pretty bummmed out.
Gold: 3,158.00
Nov 23 2013 03:26am
There are a ton of breweries around where I live, and my favorite is definitely Kuhnhenns.
They had 2012 world beer cup gold medal best IPA, and it is amazing.
Founders and Shorts breweries are also pretty awesome
Dec 3 2013 07:47pm
Gonna try to get some Christmas brews.
Gold: 12,839.39
Dec 3 2013 09:11pm
Heading down to Florida soon. Will probably look at finding some local craft brews. Last time I was there, the store I go to had an amazing single bottle selection. Probably gonna pick up a bunch.

Personally I really enjoy wheats, but I enjoy almost all types of beer.
Gold: 655.00
Dec 4 2013 12:03am
There are a few breweries around where i live, currently my favorite is Free Will. they have this Coffee oatmeal brown stout (COB) that is amazing, one of the best stouts ive ever had. they also have some unique beers that they brew, they had a freshy beer where they used some 50 lbs of fresh hops in the whirlpool, they had a pumpkin sweet potato beer that was really good, and about a month ago they made up a christimas beer with some spices like cinnamon and all spice, they also took several christmas tree branches and put them in, in the whirlpool. should be aviable in the next week or 2, cant wait to try that. another unique beer thats been on tap for a bit now is the saison de rose, a hibiscus grapefruit blend made to support the Susan Komen foundation and breast cancer where they donate 10$ of every 15$ grolwer to the foundation.

just last weekend at Free Will they had an imperial stout that was 4 years aged in a brandy barrel and a belgian quad that was 4 years aged in an apple brandy barrel. the imperial stout was strong and had a very complex set of flavors, it was more so something that youd have a small small small cup of while eating a steak dinner, while the belgian quad was also very strong at 12.6% but not quite as complex of a flavor, there was somewhat of a hint of apple layered over all the flavors that left you with a refreshing aftertaste.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Dec 4 2013 12:06am
Gold: 1,952.49
Dec 4 2013 11:07pm
I recently moved from Denver to Dallas so I am doing a bit of exploring in a totally new region.
Every year, I volunteer at Great American Beer Festival so I cheated a bit this last year and scouted out some of the better stuff before I moved.

Favorite styles: Saisons/Farmhouses, Sours, IPAs and anything seasonal. I have yet to find a style that I just plain don't like.
Favorite breweries: Crooked Stave (Denver), Deep Ellum (Dallas), Funkwerks (Fort Collins) and Russian River (Santa Rosa). I could name a million more.
Favorite food/beer pairings: Cheese and cured meat with just about any style of beer or a good stout with salted caramel.

I am enjoying a pour from a growler of Pumpkin Dunkel from Zio Carlo as I type this. They're a pretty cool little upstart brewery here in Fort Worth.

I LOVE beer and LOVE talking about it. It's one of my passions. My wife and I are both self-proclaimed beer nerds. Look forward to talking to some of you about it! Cheers!
Gold: 150.00
Dec 5 2013 09:53am
Had a Christmas Paradox yesterday. Stout from Brewdog brewery.
I liked it! :D
Gold: 0.00
Dec 5 2013 12:35pm
Quote (cialda @ Dec 3 2013 10:11pm)
Heading down to Florida soon. Will probably look at finding some local craft brews. Last time I was there, the store I go to had an amazing single bottle selection. Probably gonna pick up a bunch.

Personally I really enjoy wheats, but I enjoy almost all types of beer.

I've heard very good things about Cigar City Brewing in FL. Haven't had any yet, but several friends of mine who are beer connoisseurs have said they make some really good stuff.
Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
Prev1234572Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll