d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > Do You Even Craft Beer ?
Prev123472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,000.00
Oct 2 2013 09:56pm
Quote (AimfortheHead @ Oct 2 2013 07:41pm)
I drink to get drunk I'm not picky on the taste. Its all good.

same but i normally go cheapest deal or cheap brand ice filter for more % :p
Gold: 150.00
Oct 3 2013 07:42am
Quote (AimfortheHead @ Oct 3 2013 01:41am)
I drink to get drunk I'm not picky on the taste. Its all good.

That'll change when you get older, son.
Gold: 40.64
Oct 3 2013 05:13pm
Quote (AriG0Ld @ Sep 27 2013 12:30pm)
how many of you are craft beer virgins ?
such a vast area of different brews and tastes that can pair well with any food.
the west coast US i feel like it a head of the east but there are new breweries every day.

whats your favorite brewery and type of beer ?

what foods do u usually eat with these brews ?

im a big fan of IPAs, but im starting to drink and enjoy more and more stouts and porters .

dogfish is always pushing the boundry.

love stone, southern tier, there's soo much out there.

so get yourself out of the big name brews and try a craft beer. you might like it.

they are a little more expensive but you get a much better taste.

Favorite brewey: I cant pick one. there is at least half a dozen that are great. I drink a lot from Lagunitas, Deschutes, Ninkasi, and Full Sail breweries.

Favorite type of beer: is subject to change over the years but right now i'm in love with double red ales. I used to be a big IPA fan for years but i've had so much hops i think i've had enough. hops is a great flavor in beer but most IPAs just take it way too far with the hops. its all about personal taste anyways. I still enjoy stouts and porters, but its not something i'd want to drink everyday. Deschutes makes good stout and porter but i'm not a fan of their IPA. Ninkasi makes the best IPA imo. and Lagunitas makes my favorite red ale (Lucky 13).

What foods do i eat well, i'm not too picky about my beer/food match up. Darker beers like stouts can drink like a meal, they sit heavy in the stomach so i probably wouldn't drink it with a heavy meal. i like lighter beers like a pale ale with food and more stronger flavorful beers when i'm not eating.

About "craft beers", craft beer is not a term most people use here in Oregon. you're either a microbrewery or you're one of the big guys. craft beer was a term coined by the Brewers Association to describe breweries that have outgrown (in barrel production) the legal definition of microbrewery, yet are still independently owned. craft beer examples are the Boston Beer Company (makers of Samuel Adams), and Sierra Nevada Brewing. While craft beers companies aren't as large as Anheuser-Busch or Miller, they are sill large producers and distributors. Microbrewery beer doesn’t necessarily equal good beer but usually the larger the company gets, the more profit oriented they become and quality may suffer. But thats not to say a big brewer can’t make good beer (and i firmly believe this)
There is so many microbreweries in Oregon, that the somewhat larger craft beer companies tend to just get grouped as just non-microbrew, along with all the other major beer producers. There isn't really a "craft beer" middle ground to be said. Maybe Oregon is just living in the past. Sorry if I'm splitting hairs, craft beer is just a relativity new term here. Sometimes it bothers me how much people try to separate thing into groups.

Gold: 120.00
Oct 5 2013 04:36pm
Yeah I know what u mean. Microbrews craft beer same thing pretty much.
Oct 6 2013 09:19pm
Had some good ales today.

With side of 6 buffalo lime wings. Which werent as good as the brews.

Lol
Oct 22 2013 09:18am
Had a few strong ones on Saturday. Victory hop wallop.also got a new app called untapped. Its pretty cool. But I go no friends on it yet lol.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 30 2013 01:59pm
If you like Southern Tier, try their Warlock, which is a pumpkin Imperial stout. That has become my favorite beer, surpassing Surly Darkness, and that's a no small feat.

I'm a fan of Surly, Southern Tier, Lagunitas, Dogfish Head, and Indeed, among others.
Nov 6 2013 07:19pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ 30 Oct 2013 14:59)
If you like Southern Tier, try their Warlock, which is a pumpkin Imperial stout. That has become my favorite beer, surpassing Surly Darkness, and that's a no small feat.

I'm a fan of Surly, Southern Tier, Lagunitas, Dogfish Head, and Indeed, among others.

Oh buddy. Yes ive also had that. Toook me awhile to find it tho great brew.

U
Currently drink he said by 21st amendment. A great brewery.

Its a 4 pack with 2 different types of brews mix them into a like black and tan.
Nov 13 2013 08:37pm
21st amendement
Lower de boom
Its a hopped barley wine.

4.5/5

Tastes like an IPA with 11% abv
Get that hop front with a mello barley wine finish.
Gold: 106.01
Nov 14 2013 02:42pm
The movement in the west coast is definitely ahead of the east, especially in the Sours department

Favorite brewery would be a local brewery called Karbach Brewing Co., but I'm big into Rogue and Paulaner

Favorite styles of beer... Hefeweizens, Doppelbocks, IPA

Food really depends on the beer and what notes of flavor you're getting, so I'll skip that

I believe Dogfish used to have a record for the highest ABV% beer a few years ago, but I may be mistaken. Something near 40%, while yeast strains die anywhere above 25%, it was achieved through freezing and filtering

Regardless, Dogfish is always trying to keep that edge, while still having some good beer
Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
Prev123472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll