d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Rumor Thread > Trades/draft Day/ufas
Prev1132413251326132713281444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
Jan 22 2022 12:10pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 22 Jan 2022 09:56)
according to friedman on the jeff marek show the oilers are looking at goalies and some options they have and are looking at
varlamov
vanacek
husso
jones-not their first option but apparently they looked into him

jones has ben pretty good this season tbh and if were not making the playoffs sandstrom has looked capable i can see jones being traded for a pick or something and flyers rolling with hart-sandstrom
i was wondering if that could be a trade that gets done so its interesting to hear friedman bring it up

hoenstly any of those goalies would be scared to play for the Oilers. I don't follow them much, but i dont think i've seen anybody stick up for koskinen. Trash leaders/teammates imo. obviously they could be doing it closed doors, but it doesn't seem that way either. lol

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 22 2022 12:11pm
Gold: 10,995.01
Jan 22 2022 12:23pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 22 2022 01:10pm)
hoenstly any of those goalies would be scared to play for the Oilers. I don't follow them much, but i dont think i've seen anybody stick up for koskinen. Trash leaders/teammates imo. obviously they could be doing it closed doors, but it doesn't seem that way either. lol

the way friedman put it is "they need somebody that can they can say look koskinen needs to practice and get back to his basics your playing but they have nobody "
so it sounds like its beyond sticking up for your goalie its shelter him and hope he figures his shit out mode

and tbh jones going from flyers to oilers cant be much worse lol

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 22 2022 12:25pm
Jan 22 2022 12:44pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 22 Jan 2022 10:23)
the way friedman put it is "they need somebody that can they can say look koskinen needs to practice and get back to his basics your playing but they have nobody "
so it sounds like its beyond sticking up for your goalie its shelter him and hope he figures his shit out mode

and tbh jones going from flyers to oilers cant be much worse lol

EVERYONE knew Oilers goaltending and defense is trash tier, while upfront are very strong because of McDavid and Drais. What happens when they stop performing like 100+ pt players?

Koskinen is trash, but what's more trash is the team is clearly playing like they dont want to play for him. For an offensive powerhouse team, the team scored only 1 goal or 2 or none in the past handful of games that koskinen started in, and they're expecting Koskinen to shutout or only allow 1 goal ftw?? :rofl: They're so desperate to keep him off ice to force Smith or Skinner to play instead, and they start scoring like 5+ goals and still lose cuz they're trash too. Except the team doesn't treat them like they do with Koskinen, it's hilarious to me

fuck! ur letting in too many goals!!!! we are losing!!!!! acting like they had good defense and goalie to begin with and didn't rely on winning games like 6-5.

Holland's biggest mistake was gambling on the same tenders, and then pretty much trading away more defense like bear and PAYING for keith, on top of losing klefbom and STILL going for more depth upfront with foegele and Hyman so McDavid has more to work with. Holland is weird man, reckless and patient at the same time but wrong time is the way i describe him i guess lol

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 22 2022 12:58pm
Gold: 689.78
Jan 22 2022 01:18pm
rumour: oilers suck and mcdavid and draisatl will both walk in a few years
Gold: 17,801.00
Jan 22 2022 02:29pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 22 2022 10:44am)
EVERYONE knew Oilers goaltending and defense is trash tier, while upfront are very strong because of McDavid and Drais. What happens when they stop performing like 100+ pt players?

Koskinen is trash, but what's more trash is the team is clearly playing like they dont want to play for him. For an offensive powerhouse team, the team scored only 1 goal or 2 or none in the past handful of games that koskinen started in, and they're expecting Koskinen to shutout or only allow 1 goal ftw?? :rofl: They're so desperate to keep him off ice to force Smith or Skinner to play instead, and they start scoring like 5+ goals and still lose cuz they're trash too. Except the team doesn't treat them like they do with Koskinen, it's hilarious to me

fuck! ur letting in too many goals!!!! we are losing!!!!! acting like they had good defense and goalie to begin with and didn't rely on winning games like 6-5.

Holland's biggest mistake was gambling on the same tenders, and then pretty much trading away more defense like bear and PAYING for keith, on top of losing klefbom and STILL going for more depth upfront with foegele and Hyman so McDavid has more to work with. Holland is weird man, reckless and patient at the same time but wrong time is the way i describe him i guess lol

You need goaltending, defense, grit and depth to win in the playoffs.

This is not some best kept secret. It is blatantly obvious.

The Oliers have had 6/7 years with Draisatl/Mcdavid dominating to put a team together. When they stop playing like 100+ point you get the tire fire, like you said.

It does not even have to be an exceptional team. Just a good one. This is what you get when your entire organization is an old boys club.

Personnel are hired based on nepotism, not competence.

Trade rumors are just going to continue to swirl because no sane player with that level of talent wants to fritter away his career without the chance of chasing a cup.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jan 22 2022 02:31pm
Gold: 1,153.00
Jan 22 2022 03:04pm
I just want them to keep losing at this point
Gold: 206.00
Jan 23 2022 03:39pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 22 2022 01:44pm)

And you can now see why those in Detroit were happy when Holland left. Same MO. Gambling on mediocre and not making necessary moves where needed, and making unnecessary risks elsewhere not needed

This post was edited by rattle-trap on Jan 23 2022 03:40pm
Jan 25 2022 03:11am
Frank Seravalli says the Boston Bruins, Minnesota Wild, Calgary Flames and NewYork Rangers are the teams that are really interested in JT Miller.

I think NYR makes the most sense to be trade partners, they have Fox and Trouba locked up on their RHD. They have players like Schneider/Lundkvist to trade only because they'll be stuck on 3rd pair duties til Trouba falls off. They also have picks available. I mean if JR even offers to retain 50% of Miller's contract, NYR would be all over it. 2.6mil cap space for 2 playoff runs, ppg, all situations type of player, win faceoffs/board battles/fucks/turnovers/passes/shots, no contender can get any better value for 2.6m imo.

Somethin like Chytil, Schneider or Lundkvist, 1st or 2nd pick for Miller 50% retained.

Quote (rattle-trap @ 23 Jan 2022 13:39)
And you can now see why those in Detroit were happy when Holland left. Same MO. Gambling on mediocre and not making necessary moves where needed, and making unnecessary risks elsewhere not needed

He's not even gambling, that's the biggest issue. Normally when people take risk, it's for a high reward. Holland is just literally inting the shit out of himself :rofl:

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 25 2022 03:19am
Gold: 12,140.00
Jan 25 2022 10:15am
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 25 2022 01:11am)
Frank Seravalli says the Boston Bruins, Minnesota Wild, Calgary Flames and NewYork Rangers are the teams that are really interested in JT Miller.

I think NYR makes the most sense to be trade partners, they have Fox and Trouba locked up on their RHD. They have players like Schneider/Lundkvist to trade only because they'll be stuck on 3rd pair duties til Trouba falls off. They also have picks available. I mean if JR even offers to retain 50% of Miller's contract, NYR would be all over it. 2.6mil cap space for 2 playoff runs, ppg, all situations type of player, win faceoffs/board battles/fucks/turnovers/passes/shots, no contender can get any better value for 2.6m imo.

Somethin like Chytil, Schneider or Lundkvist, 1st or 2nd pick for Miller 50% retained.

He's not even gambling, that's the biggest issue. Normally when people take risk, it's for a high reward. Holland is just literally inting the shit out of himself :rofl:

Schneider would be the goal out of NYR. Schneider + 1st would be incredible.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 1st + Chytil + Lundkvist
Jan 25 2022 07:51pm
From all accounts it appears Patrik Allvin is about to become the next GM of the Vancouver Canucks. Not done yet, but getting closer.

Darche might be the last agm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1132413251326132713281444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll