d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Rumor Thread > Trades/draft Day/ufas
Prev1130813091310131113121444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
Sep 20 2021 10:44am
Quote (FunkDoc @ 20 Sep 2021 09:33)
I’d say this is pretty close.

Marner is a star. Matthews is a superstar.

Pettersson is a star. Not a superstar.

You sure you know the difference? Seems like you have no clue. You going to put Pettersson on McDavid or Matthews level? Lol :rofl:

“iNb4yOuSaYsOmEtHiNgIdOnTLiKe” :baby:

Get real lol. Pettersson isn’t a superstar and no matter how hard you huff and puff about it on jsp, that’s not going to change.

Thanks for confirming that now you think pettersson is superstar worthy by agreeing with what dirtyman wrote. Also agreeing that marner is a star and matthews is a superstar so our opinions about who is a star and superstar is not far off. It's hilarious how you flip flop back and forth. 10/10 :baby:
Gold: 10.00
Sep 20 2021 10:48am
Quote (Secksii @ Sep 20 2021 12:44pm)
Thanks for confirming that now you think pettersson is superstar worthy by agreeing with what dirtyman wrote. Also agreeing that marner is a star and matthews is a superstar so our opinions about who is a star and superstar is not far off. It's hilarious how you flip flop back and forth. 10/10 :baby:

You can’t read. I feel sorry for you.
Sep 20 2021 10:52am
Quote (FunkDoc @ 20 Sep 2021 09:48)
You can’t read. I feel sorry for you.

I feel sorry for you too cuz not only you can't read, but comprhend what you wrote yourself. Basically LuLer, dirtyman, myself and even you feel that he has the potential to be superstar worthy, except at first you said there's nobody superstar worthy on the Canucks in the next few yrs to lead them to the cup :rofl:

Try again :baby: it's okay to huff and puff and take back what you said though
Sep 20 2021 10:54am
Quote (Secksii @ Sep 20 2021 12:52pm)
I feel sorry for you too cuz not only you can't read, but comprhend what you wrote yourself. Basically LuLer, dirtyman, myself and even you feel that he has the potential to be superstar worthy, except at first you said there's nobody superstar worthy on the Canucks in the next few yrs to lead them to the cup :rofl:

Try again :baby: it's okay to huff and puff and take back what you said though

You should take five and try harder next time lol.
Sep 20 2021 10:56am
Unsecksii you literally just said he’s worthy of being labelled a superstar and switched to he has the potential to be a superstar. You’re literally the only person who’s argument failed and switched up while everyone else has been consistent.

Stop being so insecure too lol. It’s a worse look than your display pic.
Sep 20 2021 11:15am
Quote (FunkDoc @ 20 Sep 2021 09:56)
Unsecksii you literally just said he’s worthy of being labelled a superstar and switched to he has the potential to be a superstar. You’re literally the only person who’s argument failed and switched up while everyone else has been consistent.

Stop being so insecure too lol. It’s a worse look than your display pic.

I asked you a simple question how is pettersson not superstar worthy? Based on what you wrote saying that you see nobody as a superstar in the next few years. I said your definition of a superstar is pretty hardcore before you got really offended and acted childish.

I gave you a brief rundown why I think he is superstar worthy, you asked who I think is a star and superstar. I gave you an example of marner and matthews which you agreed on.

You proceeded to cry again because you flip flopped and now agree.

The only person that seems to be insecure is you, maybe take your own advice and take 5 :rofl: you shouldn't really care what others think on jsp either

What argument has failed me? Asking why you don't believe pettersson is superstar worthy in the next few yrs and giving you some rundown of him? I literally said you have a hardcore definition of a superstar, which is fine cuz everyone has different opinions. Seems like you're arguing over nothing at this point.

Sep 20 2021 11:17am
Quote (Secksii @ Sep 20 2021 01:15pm)
I asked you a simple question how is pettersson not superstar worthy? Based on what you wrote saying that you see nobody as a superstar in the next few years. I said your definition of a superstar is pretty hardcore before you got really offended and acted childish.

I gave you a brief rundown why I think he is superstar worthy, you asked who I think is a star and superstar. I gave you an example of marner and matthews which you agreed on.

You proceeded to cry again because you flip flopped and now agree.

The only person that seems to be insecure is you, maybe take your own advice and take 5 :rofl: you shouldn't really care what others think on jsp either

What argument has failed me? Asking why you don't believe pettersson is superstar worthy in the next few yrs and giving you some rundown of him? I literally said you have a hardcore definition of a superstar, which is fine cuz everyone has different opinions. Seems like you're arguing over nothing at this point.

Tl:dr

Pettersson not a superstar.
Gold: 12,140.00
Sep 20 2021 11:23am
Who cares.

Have this conversation next April, it'll be more clear.
Sep 20 2021 11:37am
Quote (LuLer @ Sep 20 2021 01:23pm)
Who cares.

Have this conversation next April, it'll be more clear.

Sure, but we know everybody and their cousin is extremely confident that Pettersson wouldn’t be considered in the elite, select group of super stars in the NHL within one more seasons length. It would take him another 2-3 seasons at least to ever reach super star potential, if he gets there.

I will just say this though -

If anyone wants to clearly define what an NHL super star is, who is currently in that group, and what it would take to be in that group by seasons end -

We can exchange venmos and I’ll gladly lay +money odds with anybody on here that Pettersson isn’t on that list by this upcoming seasons end. I doubt anybody clueless enough to say otherwise is actually the type of person to put their money where their mouth is lol.

This post was edited by FunkDoc on Sep 20 2021 11:43am
Gold: 17,801.00
Sep 20 2021 06:25pm
Quote (Secksii @ Sep 20 2021 03:16am)
How do you figure Pettersson is not superstar worthy? the dude came into the league without any sheltering from Henrik Sedin, and was slotted in as a 1C from winger and delivered.

Other young players had the luxury to be sheltered and develop at their own pace like Point, Barzal, etc. It's not coincidence that Barzal went from 80+ pt player behind Tavares to a 60 pt player after becoming their 1c and focused upon etc.

He also brings insane amount of impact to the Canucks himself alone, while being defensively responsible. He hasn't even hit the breakout season yet and he isn't on a contending team either. He was on pace for like 80pts despite struggling very hard to begin the covid season with rest of the team looking like an AHL team, heck even considering they played like a "team" is overselling it.

Here's some comparison with other players.

https://twitter.com/BreakawayEric/status/1380906149738737667?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1380906149738737667%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flwosports.com%2F2021%2F04%2F11%2Fis-elias-pettersson-elite%2F

He's also top 5 in GAR from https://evolving-hockey.com/ and much ahead of everyone else on his team.

Your definition and opinion of a superstar may be a bit too hardcore.

This is a really good point. Comes in as a scrawny kid and takes on the role of #1 center on a pretty weak team with ease. Quite impressive. Just about anyone else would fail in that position.

A lot of players on the Canucks regressed last season. With an improved forward group I see Petey being a 80-90 point player. The issue for him is being healthy.

Talent wise there is absolutely no doubt he is a superstar. He understands the game very well, is extremely competitive and has the talent level to have a breakout season.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Sep 20 2021 06:28pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1130813091310131113121444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll