d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1411441154116411741185001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 23 2020 07:58pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Oct 23 2020 09:45pm)
Imagine wasting that much time on being wrong

Imagine claiming something is wrong without putting in any work to defend your own views.
Imagine expressing yourself in at the very least a semi coherent manner so you can have a discussion with other people and figure out where they're coming from.
Cam is capable of it, even if I disagree with him which is why he responded in the first place.

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 23 2020 07:58pm
Gold: 88.21
Oct 23 2020 08:07pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Oct 23 2020 06:45pm)
Imagine wasting that much time on being wrong

It's better that certain people spend all their time being wrong
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 23 2020 08:41pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 23 2020 09:58pm)
Imagine claiming something is wrong without putting in any work to defend your own views.
Imagine expressing yourself in at the very least a semi coherent manner so you can have a discussion with other people and figure out where they're coming from.
Cam is capable of it, even if I disagree with him which is why he responded in the first place.

It only makes sense to debate one issue at a time honestly. Or else you just change the subject and whataboutism all day.

For fossil fuels in particular, Biden would fail.

Obama failed to make us energy independent and it made us have to fight foreign wars that bankrupted us and sullied our image.

Trump is the only president in modern history not to start wars. That will end if Biden wins.

I can almost guarantee a war in Armenia, Iran, and maybe Turkey.
Oct 23 2020 09:35pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Oct 23 2020 10:41pm)
It only makes sense to debate one issue at a time honestly. Or else you just change the subject and whataboutism all day.

For fossil fuels in particular, Biden would fail.

Obama failed to make us energy independent and it made us have to fight foreign wars that bankrupted us and sullied our image.

Trump is the only president in modern history not to start wars. That will end if Biden wins.

I can almost guarantee a war in Armenia, Iran, and maybe Turkey.

You fundamentally misunderstand what whataboutism is. That is okay though.

You didn't actually attempt to argue for any of your points. But its fairly easy to address them.

1. Fossil fuels are failing us. If his plan is actually what he acts with. (his word on this is all we have to go off of and rely on)
His goal is to make us energy independent, like every plan on Earth involving this issue it is not an on/off switch. We invest in the required infrastructure. We invest in promising technology. And we invest in the people who get pushed out of the old industry, towards the new one as it is phased out over a long stretch of time. This is available on his website.
If you consider replacing an industry that is ruining the planet with better technology/new thriving industry "failing" it then sure I guess, but you're alone on an island in that scenario. Feel free to go donate those poor oil magnates all your hard earned money.

2. Obama was blocked for 6 years straight on pretty much any attempts to do anything by like 3 democrats and the entire republican majority. This even includes Republicans who had previously advocated for actual policy on the topic. Everybody is fully aware of this. It would be awesome if people stopped pretending that history didn't happen.

3. Yes this is true. He also hasn't ended any.
You have no proof of the second half of this statement because you aren't a soothsayer.

4. same as above.

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 23 2020 09:35pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Oct 23 2020 09:45pm
Oct 23 2020 09:57pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 23 2020 11:35pm)
You fundamentally misunderstand what whataboutism is. That is okay though.

You didn't actually attempt to argue for any of your points. But its fairly easy to address them.

1. Fossil fuels are failing us. If his plan is actually what he acts with. (his word on this is all we have to go off of and rely on)
His goal is to make us energy independent, like every plan on Earth involving this issue it is not an on/off switch. We invest in the required infrastructure. We invest in promising technology. And we invest in the people who get pushed out of the old industry, towards the new one as it is phased out over a long stretch of time. This is available on his website.
If you consider replacing an industry that is ruining the planet with better technology/new thriving industry "failing" it then sure I guess, but you're alone on an island in that scenario. Feel free to go donate those poor oil magnates all your hard earned money.

2. Obama was blocked for 6 years straight on pretty much any attempts to do anything by like 3 democrats and the entire republican majority. This even includes Republicans who had previously advocated for actual policy on the topic. Everybody is fully aware of this. It would be awesome if people stopped pretending that history didn't happen.

3. Yes this is true. He also hasn't ended any.
You have no proof of the second half of this statement because you aren't a soothsayer.

4. same as above.

What is the difference in $ per MWH for oil/gas versus whatever the fuck you want to use?
Oct 23 2020 10:16pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Oct 23 2020 11:57pm)
What is the difference in $ per MWH for oil/gas versus whatever the fuck you want to use?

I don't care what we use. I am not a scientist or an engineer. The "Great replacement" wouldn't happen until the rates are similar, or comparable to what the current population is okay with. I just want us to innovate again, like we used to when we were a successful country.
I want us to invest in our country and its future. We can create massive amounts of jobs and wealth while creating a net boon for the economy. This would set us up to have other countries coming to us for our products rather than the other way around.
We can do more than just tax breaks on emerging technology. We can actually invest in it.
Its a win for our economy, its a win for our country, and its a win for our planet.

Standing in the way of that is to be the equivalent of someone screaming in the street to defend "big carriage" when automobiles started showing up.

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 23 2020 10:16pm
Gold: 260.11
Oct 23 2020 10:20pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 23 2020 11:16pm)
I don't care what we use. I am not a scientist or an engineer. The "Great replacement" wouldn't happen until the rates are similar, or comparable to what the current population is okay with.

In terms of dollars it's cheaper to produce solar right now than natural gas or coal, and that's even considering coal gets a significantly higher subsidy per energy unit than solar.

We would have started the transition to solar in probably 2010 if we had a totally unsubsidized market, but instead it took until 2016 for solar to pass fossil fuels in efficeiency. We're now at a point where power companies are transitioning to solar + batteries instead of coal and natural gas.

The government needs to get the infrastructure on board by doing things like making electric vehicle recharge stations to make the process smoother.
Oct 23 2020 10:32pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 24 2020 12:16am)
I don't care what we use. I am not a scientist or an engineer. The "Great replacement" wouldn't happen until the rates are similar, or comparable to what the current population is okay with. I just want us to innovate again, like we used to when we were a successful country.
I want us to invest in our country and its future. We can create massive amounts of jobs and wealth while creating a net boon for the economy. This would set us up to have other countries coming to us for our products rather than the other way around.
We can do more than just tax breaks on emerging technology. We can actually invest in it.
Its a win for our economy, its a win for our country, and its a win for our planet.

Standing in the way of that is to be the equivalent of someone screaming in the street to defend "big carriage" when automobiles started showing up.

Then why are Democrats against new nuclear energy that uses safe carbon pods to produce clean energy?

Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 12:20am)
In terms of dollars it's cheaper to produce solar right now than natural gas or coal, and that's even considering coal gets a significantly higher subsidy per energy unit than solar.

We would have started the transition to solar in probably 2010 if we had a totally unsubsidized market, but instead it took until 2016 for solar to pass fossil fuels in efficeiency. We're now at a point where power companies are transitioning to solar + batteries instead of coal and natural gas.

The government needs to get the infrastructure on board by doing things like making electric vehicle recharge stations to make the process smoother.

California had massive blackouts this summer because you're full of shit.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Oct 23 2020 10:32pm
Gold: 260.11
Oct 23 2020 10:33pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Oct 23 2020 11:32pm)
California had massive blackouts this summer because you're full of shit.

Awww the sick moose thinks I care about his opinion
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1411441154116411741185001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll