d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Diablo 3 Low Level Dueling > American Server
Prev145678221Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 733.00
Jan 18 2013 08:38pm
Quote (Antichrist- @ Jan 19 2013 01:33am)
I play eu and there are at least few other old llders from d2 who play d3 and who most likely will play lld. Im sure we can get enough people to lld to have a good lld community again. Especially if they dont balance high lvl pvp properly in terms of 1 or 2 hit duels, lld will attract many new people too.

Also you will lag at us server, so dueling wont be much fun. I used to play west when i was starting out d2 and it had constant small lag going on, didnt bother me too much back then since i was noob and only playing pvm, but dueling was pretty hard. Also i have tried some share accs at east and lagged too much to duel properly.

First, I just want to mention that those 1-3 hit duels you're refering too are misleading. What people did was import their PvE character they had on their account, joined a public game, changed some spells around and expected character ready to PvP. Boy were they wrong. When you join a game with a character with 400k dps and 50k hp, regardless of the amount of vit/@res you have, people are going to kill themselves in 1-3 hits. What people don't realize is that you should build your PvP character like HC players build their PvE characters; a focus on tankiness, and THEN get some dmg. I've seen some streams of top 5 duelers going against each other and let me tell you BOY were they tanky...

As for your lagg issues, keep in mind that d2 servers are nowhere as good as the servers they use nowadays. I suggest you trying it first (make a new character, and play the first few quest with a friend or something) and see how it rolls.
Quote (Weaj @ Jan 19 2013 01:34am)
I agree with most of what has been said already.

Level 30 cap is definitely a good option to start off with so we can test all the skills.

As for the gems however, after looking at the stats the gems offer, I would think for the level 30 bracket perfect squares would give a little better boost than just the flawless squares, mainly for the weapon regarding life on hit (FS=65 PS=105) and crit dmg (FS=45% PS = 50%)

This may not be the best but I think it may sway the difference for there to be more of a variety between gems in the weapons. If there are other opinons regarding this, let me know why you think that.

Welcome back weaj.

The reason people voted for flawless square is because of the price. fs are 5k each in the ah while perfects are 60k. It's not much of an investment but consideirng people might not want to invest 500k on gems for a sub-character, it might be a better idea to keep it at a level that is available to everyone. And like you said yourself, the difference between the 2 gems is minimal. Why pay way 10x the price?

Quote (Antichrist- @ Jan 19 2013 01:37am)
I dont think crit will be needed for lld because you cant get high % nor dmg, so its not really worth focusing much, ias works much better.

Crit is VERY hard to get on ilvl 30 items. Highest I've seen was 3.5 on gloves (most common number is 1.5-2%) and they were worth a ridiculous amount of gold (why are people overpricing lvl 20ish items, that i will never understand). If you can get it, sure, but I wouldnt sacrifice life regen/main stat/vit/attack speed for it. Not even close.

ALSO PEOPLE, SHARE YOUR BATTLETAG / PUT IT IN YOUR SIGNATURE OR PROFILE.

This post was edited by WereWolf12345 on Jan 18 2013 08:41pm
Gold: 118,866.80
Jan 18 2013 08:45pm
The level brackets were being discuesst since day 1 in another thread.

So far we have come up with 10/20/30/42.

Explanation for these levels are as followed.

10- first level with 1 passive and adequate skills for all classes, as well as no possible sockets in gear.
20- first level were all gear can be socketed as well as 2 passives being unlocked, most classes have balanced skills as well.
30- all 3 passives unlocked.
42(mld)- all -lv18 req gear is possible here.

Rules as of now i agree should be
1- no ilvl63 mod items (spec and hamburger)
2- No hellfire rings

I do not agree on hendering the amount of gems in gear, as this is a simple thing to upgrade if you have enough gold, so it just divides those with it from those without it.
The rest is still too early to decide.

Check my profile for examples of lld's (i have some lv10 and 20 sets just no character slots for them)

Quote (WereWolf12345 @ Jan 18 2013 02:27pm)
Alright, my vote goes to flawless square as well.

btw, ALL JELLY:
http://i.imgur.com/z5mZ1.png

Hehe i own betar :P

Quote (Mandor @ Jan 18 2013 02:43pm)
Is -lvl required items allowed?

Yes i would say they are completely viable and gm as 1 they are extremely rare to get as a usable item (meaing good mods on top of -req) and 2 they dont grant much of a benifit unless as a wep.

As a wep with -req this would a wep to aspire for as a perfect lld character, similar to pre patch items of d2.

This post was edited by ]GS[ Controller on Jan 18 2013 09:10pm
Gold: 13.37
Jan 18 2013 08:45pm
Quote (WereWolf12345 @ 19 Jan 2013 05:38)
First, I just want to mention that those 1-3 hit duels you're refering too are misleading. What people did was import their PvE character they had on their account, joined a public game, changed some spells around and expected character ready to PvP. Boy were they wrong. When you join a game with a character with 400k dps and 50k hp, regardless of the amount of vit/@res you have, people are going to kill themselves in 1-3 hits. What people don't realize is that you should build your PvP character like HC players build their PvE characters; a focus on tankiness, and THEN get some dmg. I've seen some streams of top 5 duelers going against each other and let me tell you BOY were they tanky...

As for your lagg issues, keep in mind that d2 servers are nowhere as good as the servers they use nowadays. I suggest you trying it first (make a new character, and play the first few quest with a friend or something) and see how it rolls.

Crit is VERY hard to get on ilvl 30 items. Highest I've seen was 3.5 on gloves (most common number is 1.5-2%) and they were worth a ridiculous amount of gold (why are people overpricing lvl 20ish items, that i will never understand). If you can get it, sure, but I wouldnt sacrifice life regen/main stat/vit/attack speed for it. Not even close.

I know that you can make a char with 10 billion igg thats more balanced in terms of ehp-dps ratio.

The lag isnt caused by good or bad servers, its about the long distances ad theres nothing really you can do about it, except maybe pulling optical fiber cable from europe to us.

Yea max crit % that you can get is too low for it to be much good, considering the low max crit dmg thats possible to get, so better to go with raw dmg, stats or ias
Jan 18 2013 08:50pm
Quote (Antichrist- @ Jan 19 2013 02:45am)
I know that you can make a char with 10 billion igg thats more balanced in terms of ehp-dps ratio.

The lag isnt caused by good or bad servers, its about the long distances ad theres nothing really you can do about it, except maybe pulling optical fiber cable from europe to us.

Yea max crit % that you can get is too low for it to be much good, considering the low max crit dmg thats possible to get, so better to go with raw dmg, stats or ias

You're right that it depends on you for the ping, but it ALSO depends on their servers as well. I rock about 90-110 ping on every game I play, but the delay I would get in a Starcraft 2 game wouldn't be as bad as the delay I'd get in Warcraft 3 game. I won't lie I'm not an expert in the matter so I can't give you exact numbers, but I swear to god some games just lagg more than others, and your location will only make it worst, not better. Plus, d2 servers were just pure shit for everyone using them, not just people with bad ping.
Gold: 42.00
Jan 18 2013 08:51pm
loooooool
Jan 18 2013 08:55pm
If anyone has any question as to skills/item mods/ other lld things you can pm me as well.

Almost all the d3 hours i have, have been devoted to researching lld viabilities in d3 so I would love to lend a helping hand :P.
Jan 18 2013 08:56pm
Quote (]GS[ Controller @ Jan 19 2013 02:55am)
If anyone has any question as to skills/item mods/ other lld things you can pm me as well.

Almost all the d3 hours i have, have been devoted to researching lld viabilities in d3 so I would love to lend a helping hand :P.

unblock me from pming you (wat)
Jan 18 2013 08:57pm
Quote (WereWolf12345 @ Jan 18 2013 09:56pm)
unblock me from pming you (wat)

done ( not sure why that was there xd)

This post was edited by ]GS[ Controller on Jan 18 2013 08:58pm
Jan 18 2013 09:01pm
I also agree no skills should be banned whatsoever.
Let the pvp iteslef become more balanced (which will happen).

Even so there are ways to counter hex to a degree (which would be part of the knowledge aka skill needed to defeat your opponent)

Quote (Petesan @ Jan 18 2013 09:16pm)
just because you cant afford it doesnt mean its bad. did you ever play d2?

This is the point im trying to make.

We cannot ban something because its expensive, especially when it does not unbalanced duels.

The only gem that would require a limit if any is a ruby that is inserted into a wep, as this can add anywhere from 20-50% damage increase pending on gear.

Quote (Antichrist- @ Jan 18 2013 07:40pm)
lld hammer isnt op if you know how to duel against it lol. or maybe vs chars like zeal or smiter, but every build has some builds that are overpowered against it

Agree whole-heartily

This post was edited by ]GS[ Controller on Jan 18 2013 09:06pm
Jan 18 2013 09:09pm
Quote (]GS[ Controller @ Jan 19 2013 02:45am)
Explanation for these levels are as followed.

10- first level with 1 passive and adequate skills for all classes, as well as no possible sockets in gear.
20- first level were all gear can be socketed as well as 2 passives being unlocked, most classes have balanced skills as well.
30- all 3 passives unlocked.
42(mld)- all -lv18 req gear is possible here.

In my opinion, we can't determine a level cap that way. We'd have to see which class gets access to what.

For instance, in the level 20 bracket, I see that:
Barbs: won't have access to war cry and ignore pain
Wiz: won't have access to teleport, hydra and familiar
WD: won't have access to Hex and Acid Cloud
BUT DH and monk keep all of their best abilities. It would of been fine if everyone lost some main offensive and defensive spell, but instead everything is spread out randomly so that some players will keep all of their pvp spells while some others will be at a pretty big disadvantage.

The reason I want to be careful with this is that in d2, 18 and 30 dueling restricted competitiveness to only a handful of duelers instead of having a big pool of builds. For instance, the only character that would be able to beat a lvl 30 bowazon would be a paladin with relevant charge damage. That's dead wrong, and allowing characters to hit lvl 20 SEEMS like it would direct dueling like it was on D2.

I don't see a problem with lvl 10 and lvl 30 obviously, but lvl 42 just seems like a gear check to me. Like just being just like a lvl 60 with nerfed stats. lvl 49s in d2 would have completely different builds than hlders. I think mld will have to wait til blizz starts increasing lvl cap. That way items that are good noqw might become worstless in the future for hlds, but very usable for mlds.

Quote (]GS[ Controller @ Jan 19 2013 03:01am)
I also agree no skills should be banned whatsoever.
Let the pvp iteslef become more balanced (which will happen).
Even so there are ways to counter hex to a degree

yup. every class has a cc breaker.

This post was edited by WereWolf12345 on Jan 18 2013 09:17pm
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev145678221Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll