d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Would You Guys Be Willing To Try D3 Lld'ing?
Prev12
Closed New Topic
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 16 2013 07:32pm
Ive been building a few chars and think as follows:

1-Just like D2 the lvl restrictions of dueling brackets will be based mostly on skills and also will change from time to time based on items preference.

2-Currently 9, 20, 30, and 42 (for lvl 60 minus 18 lvl items) are what i believe would be a good start

3-IMO all account bound uniques (hellfire and the like) should be banned completely. No item can come close to their power like Bmanas in d2 and offer a major disadvantage to other chars without them

4-Gem restrictions like Proph stated are undeeded imo, only because the scaling of damage will render this dmg almost useless. I honestly dont think that the 2200 will be even close to that after pvp dmg

5-The greatest initial challenge will be finding duels. Both threads on jsp and extensive friends list will in time remedy this but without common public games growth will be slow

6-So far from my experience of searching for items 90% of commonly dropped rares will be not only cheaper but also more common than top teir legendaries for each lvl bracket. For instance when searching for a lvl 9 monk head for my monk i found not only were rares much cheaper due to people always overpricing legends but also the chances of getting a 20ish dex or vit roll on them was nearly impossible

Feel free to PM me if u have any suggestions or want to talk LLD in d3 in general im going to be making a full scale switch to d3 i think!
Gold: 733.00
Jan 16 2013 08:08pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 17 2013 01:32am)
Ive been building a few chars and think as follows:

1-Just like D2 the lvl restrictions of dueling brackets will be based mostly on skills and also will change from time to time based on items preference.

2-Currently 9, 20, 30, and 42 (for lvl 60 minus 18 lvl items) are what i believe would be a good start

3-IMO all account bound uniques (hellfire and the like) should be banned completely. No item can come close to their power like Bmanas in d2 and offer a major disadvantage to other chars without them

4-Gem restrictions like Proph stated are undeeded imo, only because the scaling of damage will render this dmg almost useless. I honestly dont think that the 2200 will be even close to that after pvp dmg

5-The greatest initial challenge will be finding duels. Both threads on jsp and extensive friends list will in time remedy this but without common public games growth will be slow

6-So far from my experience of searching for items 90% of commonly dropped rares will be not only cheaper but also more common than top teir legendaries for each lvl bracket.  For instance when searching for a lvl 9 monk head for my monk i found not only were rares much cheaper due to people always overpricing legends but also the chances of getting a 20ish dex or vit roll on them was nearly impossible

Feel free to PM me if u have any suggestions or want to talk LLD in d3 in general im going to be making a full scale switch to d3 i think!

In order to, like you said, keep the community growing, I think it is best to direct ALL problems in a public thread like this one so that everyone can participate in the discussion, not only 2 people.

That being said, all your points do make sense.

I agree that 1- the hamburger 2- spectrum 3- hellfire ring should be banned immediately. Like you said, the bump of power between each gem levels are insignificant (except maybe for a ruby/emerald on a weapon) to warrant a ban. However, I read on the PTR forums that new gem tier (marquise) does a huge leap. it does something like 18/18, 19/19, 20/20, 130/130 min-max dmg on ruby on weapons. So THAT might be worth a ban but for the radiant star gems I don't see a problem.

As for the rare vs. unique, you're right for the most part, but just like people used sojs for mana/dmg on their lld's in d2, people might want to use goldwrap belt for the attack speed in d3 lld. Unique sometimes spawn with affixes that do not spawn on rares and might make some builds viable. I mean if anything, I'd be fine with people running around with just rares.

As for community growth, it will be hard to actually gather a community like you said since people aren't browsing for games, which means they won't see a game named "low level dueling" and get curious. That being said, it is not a stretch to imagine some d2 veterans actually giving this a try and go from there. We can also make another thread on the bnet forums bump it on a regular basis and help those who are curious and want to give it a try.

Quote (CruiseR88 @ Jan 17 2013 01:00am)
ive been gathering some bits. just in case

looking at level 9 and 18 mostly bit of 29 because 30 characters can use 850 dps hamburgers which is fucking stupid.

i think your right, hellfire rings and the like would just be stupid.

it is, but I don't think holding people from getting access to their last active skill is a good way to deal with it. It's only 2 items we can ban them easily.

This post was edited by WereWolf12345 on Jan 16 2013 08:11pm
Gold: 50.00
Jan 16 2013 09:33pm
i see your point. either way i like the 18 level! 20 feels alien after these years of d2
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 16 2013 09:36pm
Quote (WereWolf12345 @ Jan 16 2013 08:08pm)
In order to, like you said, keep the community growing, I think it is best to direct ALL problems in a public thread like this one so that everyone can participate in the discussion, not only 2 people.

That being said, all your points do make sense.

I agree that 1- the hamburger 2- spectrum 3- hellfire ring should be banned immediately. Like you said, the bump of power between each gem levels are insignificant (except maybe for a ruby/emerald on a weapon) to warrant a ban. However, I read on the PTR forums that new gem tier (marquise) does a huge leap. it does something like 18/18, 19/19, 20/20, 130/130 min-max dmg on ruby on weapons. So THAT might be worth a ban but for the radiant star gems I don't see a problem.

As for the rare vs. unique, you're right for the most part, but just like people used sojs for mana/dmg on their lld's in d2, people might want to use goldwrap belt for the attack speed in d3 lld. Unique sometimes spawn with affixes that do not spawn on rares and might make some builds viable. I mean if anything, I'd be fine with people running around with just rares.

As for community growth, it will be hard to actually gather a community like you said since people aren't browsing for games, which means they won't see a game named "low level dueling" and get curious. That being said, it is not a stretch to imagine some d2 veterans actually giving this a try and go from there. We can also make another thread on the bnet forums bump it on a regular basis and help those who are curious and want to give it a try.

it is, but I don't think holding people from getting access to their last active skill is a good way to deal with it. It's only 2 items we can ban them easily.

i completely agree about your points on legends. I just meant that the difference between a decent rare and most legendaries pricewise is HUGE

i think eventually most chars will wear predominantly legendaries. and we cant discount the minor set bonuses or certain sets, i.e. cains
Gold: 50.00
Jan 16 2013 09:46pm
marquis rubies are out of the question.

also got some cute rings for my DH

Gold: 733.00
Jan 17 2013 02:58pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 17 2013 03:36am)
i completely agree about your points on legends. I just meant that the difference between a decent rare and most legendaries pricewise is HUGE

i think eventually most chars will wear predominantly legendaries. and we cant discount the minor set bonuses or certain sets, i.e. cains

It's something we just can't speculate about. We don't even know which class will be good yet.

Ok so I guess 4 people makes a community. What level are we agreeing on? 18, 20 or 30? My vote goes on 30 to start with.
Gold: 21.37
Jan 17 2013 03:22pm
Id be interested in doing this, but i think it should be under 30 for lld, since 30 in d3 would technically be considered MLD

I tihnk a good idea for LLD in d3 would be lvl 20-28
Account bound items are not allowed
and there should be a level restriction put on gems( or type of gems i suppose)

This post was edited by chrisc995 on Jan 17 2013 03:28pm
Gold: 21.37
Jan 17 2013 03:56pm
and after runnign act3 most items are lvl 23-25, i dont wana farm for act2, so im suggesting lvl 25
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic