d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Butchers Sickle In Pvp On Throw Barb
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,916.00
Jan 9 2013 12:37am
Quote (Anti-Ageryder @ Jan 8 2013 10:08pm)
Huh? You don't have to be a blizz insider, it's basic logic and common sense. Top end health pools are around 50k, so it's safe to assume that we won't be hitting eachother for 50k. We probably won't be 2 shotting eachother either, so I think we can go lower than 25k. I think taking 5 hits to kill eachother is still unreasonable, but lets use it for a moment. Max life leech is 9% (barb only). That means a 10,000 damage hit, with no inferno penalty, will return 900 life. That's the BEST case scenario. You can get 1800+ life on hit from your weapons alone. So one of three things is going to happen:

1. We're going to run around 1 shotting eachother, in which case life leech/life on hit are both worthless (very unlikely, blizzard will implement a straight up damage reduction in pvp to prevent this)
2. Life leech and LoH are disabled in pvp (also unlikely, considering JW said in the recent pvp blog that "We want to be able to carry over as many of the crazy runes, items, and skills as possible, with their crazy effects, and alter them as little as possible")
3. Life leech and LoH are both enabled as they currently stand, and we're not 1 shotting eachother in pvp (in which case under EVERY scenario, life on hit is better)

he was making fun of you rofl

and anyways, if you want to get loh on a butchers sickle you have to sacrifice a socket, which most people probably arent wiling to do since 100% critial hit damage is not better then life on hit you can pick up on other gear
Gold: 0.01
Jan 9 2013 12:51am
Quote (Jaruri @ Jan 9 2013 06:37am)
he was making fun of you rofl

Well no shit, sherlock.

and anyways, if you want to get loh on a butchers sickle you have to sacrifice a socket, which most people probably arent wiling to do since 100% critial hit damage is not better then life on hit you can pick up on other gear

Incorrect. Please dont try and argue with me when you can't even get the basic facts right. Why don't you put LoH and a socket into the butcher's sickle search field and see what comes up cupcake?
Gold: 205.26
Warn: 30%
Jan 9 2013 04:46am
Quote (Anti-Ageryder @ Jan 9 2013 08:08am)
Huh? You don't have to be a blizz insider, it's basic logic and common sense. Top end health pools are around 50k, so it's safe to assume that we won't be hitting eachother for 50k. We probably won't be 2 shotting eachother either, so I think we can go lower than 25k. I think taking 5 hits to kill eachother is still unreasonable, but lets use it for a moment. Max life leech is 9% (barb only). That means a 10,000 damage hit, with no inferno penalty, will return 900 life. That's the BEST case scenario. You can get 1800+ life on hit from your weapons alone. So one of three things is going to happen:

1. We're going to run around 1 shotting eachother, in which case life leech/life on hit are both worthless (very unlikely, blizzard will implement a straight up damage reduction in pvp to prevent this)
2. Life leech and LoH are disabled in pvp (also unlikely, considering JW said in the recent pvp blog that "We want to be able to carry over as many of the crazy runes, items, and skills as possible, with their crazy effects, and alter them as little as possible")
3. Life leech and LoH are both enabled as they currently stand, and we're not 1 shotting eachother in pvp (in which case under EVERY scenario, life on hit is better)

No it isnt

top end health pools can reach way more than 50k

you are forgetting AR / armor

lifesteal might still be better if you use skills with crap proc rates

Quote (Anti-Ageryder @ Jan 9 2013 08:51am)
Well no shit, sherlock.

Incorrect. Please dont try and argue with me when you can't even get the basic facts right. Why don't you put LoH and a socket into the butcher's sickle search field and see what comes up cupcake?

you and other people already preparing for pvp and acting like they know what will work and wont look so stupid, you have no idea.

Quote (WalkinTall @ Jan 9 2013 07:33am)
Are you fuckng serious?
Why would you use spear of the ancients then?
Clueless kid

Since hota or bash/cleave/frenzy deal more % weapon dmg than axe throw its not that stupid
Proc has cooldown?

''Why would you use spear of the ancients then?'' ---> I dont lol

and yes it has internal cooldown, genius

''Clueless kid'' --> right back at you

point is you have weapon throw slot, which is ranged, and you want to pull enemies to you, after which there are better single target dps skills

not to mention i dont think you will be able to pull back dh's with ss, monk with serenity, etc

and you're already theorycrafting on pvp which isnt released yet lol, you look so dumb

This post was edited by markilbaldacchino on Jan 9 2013 05:11am
Gold: 180.00
Jan 9 2013 05:02am
ure the only one that critizes the build ^
Jan 9 2013 05:06am
Quote (WalkinTall @ Jan 9 2013 01:02pm)
ure the only one that critizes the build ^

Godest, Qwaze responses much? No?

Good luck when pvp hits with gz butchers sickle build lmao, it has like a 10 sec cooldown so gzzzzzzzz

This post was edited by markilbaldacchino on Jan 9 2013 05:07am
Gold: 180.00
Jan 9 2013 05:39am
Quote (markilbaldacchino @ Jan 9 2013 12:06pm)
Godest, Qwaze responses much? No?

Good luck when pvp hits with gz butchers sickle build lmao, it has like a 10 sec cooldown so gzzzzzzzz

1 proc will be enuff for my barb

gna smack ur face

This post was edited by WalkinTall on Jan 9 2013 05:39am
Jan 9 2013 06:39am
Quote (WalkinTall @ Jan 9 2013 01:39pm)
1 proc will be enuff for my barb

gna smack ur face

i'll have fun wiping the floor with bigmouth theorycraft idiots like you when pvp hits, just like I did in d2 :)
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2013 07:03am
making assumptions about how pvp mechanics are gonna work when pvp is not released yet, is very risky at least.

so i will take my chances and dare to say that all slowing, stunning, freezing effects of skills and items might work somewhat differently vs human player simply because they might severly imbalance pvp once people start testing all possible gear/skill combinations.

This post was edited by eschaton on Jan 9 2013 07:03am
Jan 9 2013 07:05am
Quote (eschaton @ Jan 9 2013 03:03pm)
making assumptions about how pvp mechanics are gonna work when pvp is not released yet, is very risky at least.

so i will take my chances and dare to say that all slowing, stunning, freezing effects of skills and items might work somewhat differently vs human player simply because they might severly imbalance pvp once people start testing all possible gear/skill combinations.

this +1

theres also cc reduction on items

and game has a cc resistance system for elites, game defines elites as including players

and most characters have cc immune skills / passives

kids already thinking its gonna be a cc fest, cant look at facts

people already spending money on gear for their pvp character with zero knowledge of how it will work :rofl:

This post was edited by markilbaldacchino on Jan 9 2013 07:05am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2013 07:15am
of course, if one has unlimited budget one might invest in all possible highend versions of specific gear and pray some of those will be useful when pvp is released.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll