d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Wilderness Survival Techniques Thread
12338Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,250.00
Jan 1 2013 02:50pm
Making this thread for anyone who is interested in wilderness survival, native camping, and just an overall general question and answer thread for surviving in the wilds with minimal tools, supplies, etc. I am mostly versed in Northern climates deciduous and coniferous forests, and survival skills making tools and snares out of the basic elements in your surroundings and I am versed in edible plants and various ways of making water safe, shelters, basic hunting and fishing techniques, etc. I have camped outside for 3 months in Michigan during December, January,and February to hone some of my skills when I was a teenager. I can give insight on what it takes to survive and some of the do's and don't I have learned living a wilderness existence for the last 30+ years.I can also provide you you tips and tricks on survival kits for winter for your car if you run out of gas or crash and your car is disabled, a few key items in the trunk can save your life. Feel free to post trolololols and real questions I will do my best to answer what I can, and if I don't know I will tell you that also.Good luck to you all and enjoy our wild outdoors!
Gold: 3,188.00
Jan 1 2013 02:53pm
I will be up this year somtime lol. Watching dual survival atm actually rofl
Jan 1 2013 03:20pm
For a winter car kit, I suggest the following things.A small knife and a bic lighter or strike anywhere matches. A coffee Can(if you can find one), or a mason Jar, candles the tall kind like 12 inches tall about 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter. you can cut these candles in half or thirds, and use the can or jar to focus the heat, this is handy if you crash or run out of gas or whatever, heat is important in the winter if you are stranded. I also suggest some kitty litter, like a smal bag, because you can use it for traction if you get stuck. You can also use branches from trees, if you break them up and put them around your tires so they have something to grip instead of the snow. A jack is always useful too, you can jack the car out of a hole you burned with your tire and push it over onto flat ground,or jack it up and put sticks in the hole, this has saved me before.I like to keep a wool blanket and my carharts and boots too, but some people dont have room for that, so instead buy 3 or 4 of those solar reflective blankets, you can fit 20 in an average glove box so they don't take up much room,and they can be handy for more than staying warm. you can use them for collecting water and many other things.I like to keep a few packs of peanuts and cashew in my glove box too,nuts are high in protein and can keep you going in an emergency.Also, keep a few bottles of water in your trunk, they can freeze, but you can thaw them with the candle easily.We can get more detailed some time later, but these are the basic things I would suggest anyone to carry in a winter scenario that can be purchased for like $10 at most if you just buy dollar store shit.

This post was edited by clawcool on Jan 1 2013 03:25pm
Gold: 6.00
Jan 1 2013 03:51pm
:thumbsup:
Jan 1 2013 05:08pm
Quote (clawcool @ Jan 1 2013 05:20pm)
For a winter car kit, I suggest the following things.A small knife and a bic lighter or strike anywhere matches. A coffee Can(if you can find one), or a mason Jar, candles the tall kind like 12 inches tall about 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter. you can cut these candles in half or thirds, and use the can or jar to focus the heat, this is handy if you crash or run out of gas or whatever, heat is important in the winter if you are stranded. I also suggest some kitty litter, like a smal bag, because you can use it for traction if you get stuck. You can also use branches from trees, if you break them up and put them around your tires so they have something to grip instead of the snow. A jack is always useful too, you can jack the car out of a hole you burned with your tire and push it over onto flat ground,or jack it up and put sticks in the hole, this has saved me before.I like to keep a wool blanket and my carharts and boots too, but some people dont have room for that, so instead buy 3 or 4 of those solar reflective blankets, you can fit 20 in an average glove box so they don't take up much room,and they can be handy for more than staying warm. you can use them for collecting water and many other things.I like to keep a few packs of peanuts and cashew in my glove box too,nuts are high in protein and can keep you going in an emergency.Also, keep a few bottles of water in your trunk, they can freeze, but you can thaw them with the candle easily.We can get more detailed some time later, but these are the basic things I would suggest anyone to carry in a winter scenario that can be purchased for like $10 at most if you just buy dollar store shit.

I would also add a first aid kit, and a flashlight, since you don't want to use your cell phone for one, you may need it to call for help..
Gold: 6.00
Jan 1 2013 05:39pm
liquor
Gold: 3.00
Jan 1 2013 06:06pm
Cool thread with some great tips in it, tracked.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 1 2013 06:59pm
get a pharoah rod or some sort of magnesium stick to start a fire.
Iodine or similar water purification tablets are a must in a survival kit
replace shoelaces/bootlace with 550 paracord

This post was edited by CeMeTeRy on Jan 1 2013 07:00pm
Gold: 94,342.38
Jan 1 2013 07:09pm
this is an awesome thread
Gold: 0.00
Jan 1 2013 07:14pm
do some research(lol) on youtube, look at how survivalists are building their shelters. feel free to take a trip to the forrst on a weekend and try to build one yourself with limited tools and only stuff u would find readily i n the area and have handy (knife, paracord)
Go Back To Sports Coliseum Topic List
12338Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll