d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Zombie Dogs Spammer!
Prev13456713Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2012 08:16pm
Quote (bacara2 @ 23 Aug 2012 18:06)
Wouldn't this be great for crowds but bad for bosses / elites?  so much dependency on enemies dying?

The spec I just listed is completely independent of enemies dying.
Aug 24 2012 12:42am
I'm trying this thing, and looks really promising. The idea is to blow up elitepacks in 1-2 hits, with over 1000% weapon damage it shouldn't be hard. Gear is also cheap, you can use weapon with life on kill which nobody wants. Also you don't really want items with ias, since you are not spamming your abilities as fast as possible. Even if dogs do respawn, you want give them like one second to get close to new targets. That makes things lot easier.

Not sure if 0 timer is even needed, since zombies take time to respawn, they have quite slow animation. It would make sense only if you had a melee tank, that detonates them immediately before they evev fully emerge from ground. Otherwise it takes few seconds for them to approach targets, and few more if they respawn.

Also there is that synergy with gold pickup radius. You get pickup radius for range of 30% zombie reanimate per kill. Would be nice to get a synergy here, and also use a passive that resets cooldowns per kill, since it uses same pickup radius items. It helps with zombie dogs too, if you have 5s timer, with this passive you get pretty much reset by that 3-4s constantly. Problem is, you also need passive that grants 4rth zombie dog, and one that reduces cd by 25%, so there is no room left for the cooldown reducing one.
Gold: 1,586.70
Aug 24 2012 01:40am
45 sec - 20 from homunculus - 7 from SoJ - 7 from skullgrasp (another ring) -7 from headpiece
Is 4 sec left, no need for a passieve to reduce it.
And you still got a free weapon. (iirc soj can go up to 8 sec, leaving dogs on a cd of 3 sec)
Aug 24 2012 01:58am
How about version without respawning dogs. Just get 0 cooldown, recast + instantly blow up? It seems to deal most damage, and saves up a passive. More damage sacrifice too, last rune.
Because ability to respawn dogs is kind of wasted on build that can recast it without cooldown, also it isn't very useful vs elites.

This post was edited by ae1337 on Aug 24 2012 01:59am
Gold: 900.00
Aug 24 2012 04:40am
Quote (young2093 @ Aug 23 2012 10:28pm)
Ok let me explain it to you.

* With a 5 second CD on Summon Zombie Dog and the rune Next of Kin, there will be no down time of having Zombie Dogs up. If there is, it will be 1-2 seconds, in which case you have abilities to fill the gaps.
*Screen DPS being lowered is irrelevant because skill %ed is ridiculously high (1100% with 4 dogs).
*Bears requires you to be relatively close range, meaning more gear dedicated to defensive stats. You can play Sacrifice at a safe distance ALWAYS, meaning more gear dedicated to intellect/crit chance/crit damage.
*There is no mana cost.
*There is no cool down.
*You can still have PtV with this build but it's unnecessary if you use Life on Kill.

I'm not sure why you're throwing out terms like "random nature of Sacrifice". This is completely made up, theres only a "random nature of Sacrifice" when there is conflict from a long cd of Summon Zombie Dog or low uptime of Zombie Dogs.
And on the whole "you have to alternate using abilities" shit, you're pretty much saying this build is not good because it uses more than one ability. Because every ZB build clearly doesnt use Spiders for mana.

Check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLH2IETKt6o&feature=channel&list=UL

And it's not even a good run but I hate recording because it drops my framerate too much. I dropped Horrify for Poison Dart now and it's still easy with 300res 3.4k armor. Once I get above 100k+ DPS I could drop BBV for a Garg that is 1-shotting trash.
If 0cd sacrifice build was OP I expect to do those runs even faster. It is not because any decent DPS build is now OP with nerfed Inferno and new legendaries. Only limiting factor is runspeed now. If there was a char build with that killspeed and a lot higher movement speed, that would be OP (e.g. an infinite tempest rush monk with 100k+ dps).
The gap between the 0cd sacrifice will only get bigger with OP legendaries flooding the market (imaging my build with a 6%ll Skorn) as the required legendaries can't have any good rolls except for -dogs cd.

This post was edited by Silence[px] on Aug 24 2012 04:47am
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Aug 24 2012 06:20am
ofc you not need 1-2 hit every thing ingame to let it work
the zombie dog on kill is just extra!, so you can spam the secrafice button more before you need to resummon!
the zombie dog on kill/secrafice is also 100% perfect positioned!
it does verry well vs elites

cooldown is 3seconds atm! AH-ed the only ring/amu availible!

mebe i should stack up a little gold pickup radius!

the increased damage from zombie sacrefice is not stacking more then 3-4dogs, so the benefit is kinda low!

This post was edited by Tommyvv on Aug 24 2012 06:23am
Gold: 10.00
Aug 24 2012 06:48am
Quote (Tommyvv @ 24 Aug 2012 14:20)
ofc you not need 1-2 hit every thing ingame to let it work
the zombie dog on kill is just extra!, so you can spam the secrafice button more before you need to resummon!
the zombie dog on kill/secrafice is also 100% perfect positioned!
it does verry well vs elites

cooldown is 3seconds atm! AH-ed the only ring/amu availible!
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1015/screenshot731.jpg

mebe i should stack up a little gold pickup radius!

the increased damage from zombie sacrefice is not stacking more then 3-4dogs, so the benefit is kinda low!

Love ur builds(d2 also) can u put a video of him running?

This post was edited by c00kie_m0nster on Aug 24 2012 06:49am
Aug 24 2012 07:07am
Imo for high end build it isnt very optimal spec.

Vs elites you don't really benifit from respawning dogs. 35% respawn dog you sacrifice, is most of the time 1, sometimes 2 (but more often it is 1). And that costs you a rune, 5% damage up to 4 stacks, so 20% damage bonus (same as pierce the veil).
It is better to actually recast dogs instead, or even use some other dps over time skill, instead of detonating 1-2 dogs.

Vs trash, both passives 30% kills respawn as dog, and backed up by 35% chance to respawn dog does work. Problem is, its limited range, and excessive damage. With good gear, you deal too much damage to weak mobs, but you need many casts to kill it due to limited range. For example these little scorpions in arrat crater, you can chain sacrifice dogs all day vs them, but at same time, casting one aoe spell, like acid cloud, or locust swarm would have killed all of it in one cast. And you would keep wall of 4 dogs tanking for you during that. It is just not most efficient way to use it.

Personally id pick dogs rune that spawns health globes, still stack lot of pickup radius, but use it with gruesome feast passive.
Play with dogs + grag, use some aoe spell to clear trash, and sacrifice/recast dogs vs elites, that will still be held by grag. And combine two dps sources, sacrifice, and some other spell with damage over time, to stack dps (but not bears, something that doesnt require casting more than once per few seconds).
Gold: 900.00
Aug 24 2012 07:19am
Quote (Tommyvv @ Aug 24 2012 12:20pm)

Are you sure? I remember double stacking it in 1.03 (cast, wait for CD, sac, cast, sac).

Gold: 6,121.61
Aug 24 2012 07:30am
Quote (Silence[px] @ 24 Aug 2012 15:19)
Are you sure? I remember double stacking it in 1.03 (cast, wait for CD, sac, cast, sac).

this did not work even prior 1.04 afair! tested it but it overwrote itself.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev13456713Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll