d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Zombie Dogs Spammer!
Prev12345613Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2012 03:32pm
so anyone tested if timer can go to 0?
Is reduction from passive applied before cooldown reduction items, or after?
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Aug 23 2012 03:54pm
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 23 2012 09:32pm)
so anyone tested if timer can go to 0?
Is reduction from passive applied before cooldown reduction items, or after?

passive cooldown reduction is applied before items!

Quote (trix123 @ Aug 23 2012 05:38pm)
Anyone who thinks this build is OP, is fucking retarded. Period.

Bear spamming does WAY more dmg than this. This build only puts on 275% per dog sacrificed. Even if you got a every second, it still wouldn't do as much as spamming ZB.

no! zombie bear<
i have more dogs to secrafice then 1 per sec (even if still 6sec cooldown atm, and even if i put away confusion+vodoo)
i sercarfice like 2-4zombies every click

ontop using bears = wd becomes nr1 monster target

This post was edited by Tommyvv on Aug 23 2012 04:03pm
Gold: 22,749.50
Aug 23 2012 04:16pm
Not trying to take anything away from the build Tommy, because it looks like a lot of fun, but it doesn't even compare to Bear spam. You sacrifice far too much DPS for the items that reduce coldowns, you lose any possibe buffs from passives and even if all that sacrifice wasn't required, it still wouldn't do as much as 3 x 236 @ x.xx APS.

It's a fun, quirky build, kind of like a Plague Javazon in D2 but anyone who thinks it's "OP" is just plain ignorant.

Once again, I love the build, it's unique and fun looking (even pretty effective) but it's not better than Bear spamming.

This post was edited by trix123 on Aug 23 2012 04:16pm
Aug 23 2012 04:28pm
Quote (Silence[px&#93; @ 23 Aug 2012 12:35)
Funny how people who claim that almost always embarass themselves within the same posting.

Okay I try to make it easier for you: Because of those crappy legendaries your screen DPS will be half. Due to the random nature of sacrifice and the fact that you can't spam sacrifice but have to alternate between two skills, your actual DPS will be even lower (compared to mainstream builds with bears or splinter). Got it?

I laugh at you for thinking this should be nerfed.

Ok let me explain it to you.

* With a 5 second CD on Summon Zombie Dog and the rune Next of Kin, there will be no down time of having Zombie Dogs up. If there is, it will be 1-2 seconds, in which case you have abilities to fill the gaps.
*Screen DPS being lowered is irrelevant because skill %ed is ridiculously high (1100% with 4 dogs).
*Bears requires you to be relatively close range, meaning more gear dedicated to defensive stats. You can play Sacrifice at a safe distance ALWAYS, meaning more gear dedicated to intellect/crit chance/crit damage.
*There is no mana cost.
*There is no cool down.
*You can still have PtV with this build but it's unnecessary if you use Life on Kill.

I'm not sure why you're throwing out terms like "random nature of Sacrifice". This is completely made up, theres only a "random nature of Sacrifice" when there is conflict from a long cd of Summon Zombie Dog or low uptime of Zombie Dogs.
And on the whole "you have to alternate using abilities" shit, you're pretty much saying this build is not good because it uses more than one ability. Because every ZB build clearly doesnt use Spiders for mana.
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Aug 23 2012 04:44pm
Quote (trix123 @ Aug 23 2012 10:16pm)
Bear spam as much as 3 x 236 @ x.xx APS.

the 3 bears are to make a AoE effect
the 3 bears not hit 1 target

bears make the tank-benefits from zoo vanish!
a verry important reason that i dislike bears!

i use leaping spiders as a spum button, for when the 1-2sec of downtime is there, since i still need a ring or amu
as soon as i swap this skill to zombie bears, things go verry bad, i become nr1 target! my wd-zoo-tank gear not prevent me from dieing now!
as soon as i try some other setups then secrafice, like a pure zoo-tanker-fierce loyalty damage over time doctor, kill speed goes down 30-60%
i am still using verry medicure dps gear (5k dps unbuffed) foccus arround 1.03 fierce loyalty zoo doctor, my soul harvest doubles my dps atm! but i still can clear vault of assasin verry fast in multiplayer games.
to me, secrafice is +/- like chain reaction on a 1.03WW wizzard! but then whitout match risk of dieing!
yes, i am still working on improvments, but i posted this topic like 1 hour after i shopped cooldown reduction dogs gear!

This post was edited by Tommyvv on Aug 23 2012 04:56pm
Aug 23 2012 05:23pm
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#V.UYZd!Whd!Z.ZcYY
That's what I would use as Sacrifice, but only with top end gear. There's one free skill that's pretty much whatever you want to fill with it:
*More Zombie Dogs up time
*Second damage ability
*CC
*Buff

I chose Honored Guest to help with any potential Mana problems, but Jaunt would work as well. Depends on what you fill that last skill slot with.
Desperate Grasp because it helps fill in gaps whenever Zombie Dogs are down, and because nothing is going to survive long enough to get close to you so I'd rather be able to pump out more DGs than have a stronger slow and longer CD.
SH Soul to Waste can be changed to Siphon, but unnecessary if you're using life on kill.
PtV can be changed but SV but unnecessary if you're using life on kill.

I like Dire Bats too much to play anything else, regardless of if it's more effective, though.
Gold: 60.00
Aug 23 2012 05:24pm
Quote (Tommyvv @ Aug 23 2012 10:44pm)
the 3 bears are to make a AoE effect
the 3 bears not hit 1 target

bears make the tank-benefits from zoo vanish!
a verry important reason that i dislike bears!

i use leaping spiders as a spum button, for when the 1-2sec of downtime is there, since i still need a ring or amu
as soon as i swap this skill to zombie bears, things go verry bad, i become nr1 target! my wd-zoo-tank gear not prevent me from dieing now!
as soon as i try some other setups then secrafice, like a pure zoo-tanker-fierce loyalty damage over time doctor, kill speed goes down 30-60%
i am still using verry medicure dps gear (5k dps unbuffed) foccus arround 1.03 fierce loyalty zoo doctor, my soul harvest doubles my dps atm! but i still can clear vault of assasin verry fast in multiplayer games.
to me, secrafice is +/- like chain reaction on a 1.03WW wizzard! but then whitout match risk of dieing!
yes, i am still working on improvments, but i posted this topic like 1 hour after i shopped cooldown reduction dogs gear!

i wanta see a vid of this , not saying its a bad thing , just wanta see it in action...
Gold: 513.50
Aug 23 2012 06:06pm
Wouldn't this be great for crowds but bad for bosses / elites? so much dependency on enemies dying?
Gold: 506.04
Aug 23 2012 06:10pm
yep
firstly i tried it while agoo
it doesnt work
really
make a video if you made it work
Aug 23 2012 07:48pm
Quote (Furia-az @ Aug 23 2012 07:10pm)
yep
firstly i tried it while agoo
it doesnt work
really
make a video if you made it work

A while ago, huh? As in, before the homunculus cooldown reduction existed? Aye, that'd be your problem. ...
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev12345613Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll