d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape >
Poll > Will 2006scape Get Shut Down By Jagex?
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8.98
Warn: 20%
Jun 23 2012 01:22am
Quote (JezzaDl @ Jun 23 2012 03:16am)
No, if it was called a payment he would have no choice but to refund or face legal problems for he offered a service for the money & did not supply the service
Sorry if i'm or anyone is making you look liketh e bad guy im just eraging because of what happened

He's going to be facing legal problems regardless and I would be scared to have been involved in the project since you could also be held legally responsible for assisting him in copyright infringement.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 23 2012 01:24am
Quote (JezzaDl @ Jun 23 2012 12:16am)
No, if it was called a payment he would have no choice but to refund or face legal problems for he offered a service for the money & did not supply the service
Sorry if i'm or anyone is making you look liketh e bad guy im just eraging because of what happened

No, I know. What I meant was this: People who donate to RSPS or other online games never donate in the hopes of prolonging the servers lifespan for longer. It's always to get something in return. Donor points, items, etc. That's why I'm saying they might as well call it a payment, because a donation is a gift that you don't get something in return for.. but, like I said, nobody would have donated if we didn't grant them access to pre-alpha.

@Jagx: I suppose I could be. Then again, all of the website code I wrote was 100% my own creation, so I wasn't stealing anything or infringing on any copyrights. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm really not that worried. If we do receive a DMCA from Jagex or any kind of legal threat, I personally wouldn't want to stick around if they chose to ignore the threat or take-down notice and continue hosting. We don't know what Jagex will or will not do, we just have to wait and see. All of this gray area indeterminate B.S. is starting to get on my nerves, really. :rolleyes:

This post was edited by Spicyhash on Jun 23 2012 01:27am
Jun 23 2012 01:32am
Quote (Spicyhash @ Jun 23 2012 07:24am)
No, I know.  What I meant was this: People who donate to RSPS or other online games never donate in the hopes of prolonging the servers lifespan for longer.  It's always to get something in return.  Donor points, items, etc.  That's why I'm saying they might as well call it a payment, because a donation is a gift that you don't get something in return for.. but, like I said, nobody would have donated if we didn't grant them access to pre-alpha.

@Jagx:  I suppose I could be.  Then again, all of the website code I wrote was 100% my own creation, so I wasn't stealing anything or infringing on any copyrights.  Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm really not that worried.  If we do receive a DMCA from Jagex or any kind of legal threat, I personally wouldn't want to stick around if they chose to ignore the threat or take-down notice and continue hosting.  We don't know what Jagex will or will not do, we just have to wait and see.  All of this gray area indeterminate B.S. is starting to get on my nerves, really.  :rolleyes:

Yeah but you still worked with him, someone kidnaps a kid and you drive car to the location its not like cops be like sup' hes all good all he did was drive the car.
Do you have any idea when itll be up? Also what is vault doing with the money he made?
Gold: 44.00
Jun 23 2012 01:43am
14 guess? Look like this was leaked on their websites ? :P

This post was edited by Vaagur on Jun 23 2012 01:43am
Jun 23 2012 01:45am
Quote (JezzaDl @ Jun 23 2012 12:32am)
Yeah but you still worked with him, someone kidnaps a kid and you drive car to the location its not like cops be like sup' hes all good all he did was drive the car.
Do you have any idea when itll be up? Also what is vault doing with the money he made?

The money is going towards the cost of the server, that is the only reason why they began taking donations in the first place. Still don't know when the site will be up, I can't even get on our hosts site. I would send them an e-mail but I doubt they would get it. It's about 10 am on a saturday where they live so either they will have it up soon or they don't work weekends and we're screwed :|
Gold: 8.98
Jun 23 2012 01:46am
Quote (Spicyhash @ Jun 23 2012 03:45am)
The money is going towards the cost of the server, that is the only reason why they began taking donations in the first place.  Still don't know when the site will be up, I can't even get on our hosts site.  I would send them an e-mail but I doubt they would get it.  It's about 10 am on a saturday where they live so either they will have it up soon or they don't work weekends and we're screwed :|

What country are you from?

Also can you comment on how the server is going to handle the load of 50,000+ people trying to go into the alpha test when you guys cant even resist a small localized DDoS attack.

Thanks for any insight.
Jun 23 2012 01:50am
Quote (Spicyhash @ Jun 23 2012 07:45am)
The money is going towards the cost of the server, that is the only reason why they began taking donations in the first place.  Still don't know when the site will be up, I can't even get on our hosts site.  I would send them an e-mail but I doubt they would get it.  It's about 10 am on a saturday where they live so either they will have it up soon or they don't work weekends and we're screwed :|

Yeah, thanks for the honesty you're the only mod that has the balls to talk to anyone..
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll