d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Official Boston Celtics Thread
Prev18278288298308311029Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.38
Sep 3 2021 04:53pm
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Sep 3 2021 03:34pm)
As did I

In Jabari we trust :mellow:

<_<
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2021 05:51pm
Kinda liking the roster atm

Got far better balance than last season. Good veteran presence now to support Tates and Jaylen

Really love seeing Horford and Kanter back. Imo them 2 together off the bench will be really useful. They compliment each other’s deficiencies perfectly too!

Can’t wait for next season lesssgo
Sep 15 2021 02:55am
Checking in

Any celtgods fans still around? Just flum and Kevin?
Gold: 28,233.00
Sep 15 2021 03:17am
Quote (Deaheseehc @ Sep 15 2021 01:55am)
Checking in

Any celtgods fans still around? Just flum and Kevin?

Why would anyone be a fan of a shit team?
Sep 15 2021 06:48pm

Quote (Deaheseehc @ Sep 7 2021 07:51am)
Kinda liking the roster atm

Got far better balance than last season. Good veteran presence now to support Tates and Jaylen

Really love seeing Horford and Kanter back. Imo them 2 together off the bench will be really useful. They compliment each other’s deficiencies perfectly too!

Can’t wait for next season lesssgo

I see Boston in a position to fight for a 3rd/4th seed, though I think that's their ceiling right now. The team can still be comfortable with letting Tatum and Brown grow, but eventually ownership will need to push their chips into the center and commit to that duo competing.

Lets see what Stevens can do as an executive, he was a brilliant X's and O's coach, so I wouldn't be shocked if he was a great FO guy.

If the goal is winning a Championship, as I've heard other Celtics fans say and agree with myself, they're a prime KG away from winning a title. The FO has their work cut out to progressively improve the roster, assuming they can't land a big FA.
Sep 15 2021 07:05pm
Quote (SSBBWGiantessLover @ Sep 16 2021 10:48am)
I see Boston in a position to fight for a 3rd/4th seed, though I think that's their ceiling right now. The team can still be comfortable with letting Tatum and Brown grow, but eventually ownership will need to push their chips into the center and commit to that duo competing.

Lets see what Stevens can do as an executive, he was a brilliant X's and O's coach, so I wouldn't be shocked if he was a great FO guy.

If the goal is winning a Championship, as I've heard other Celtics fans say and agree with myself, they're a prime KG away from winning a title. The FO has their work cut out to progressively improve the roster, assuming they can't land a big FA.

Re-signing Rob Williams for the next 3 (or was it 4?) seasons could definitely push us into a legitimate contender position and be the dominant big man we have been lacking all this time. He really needs to work on his defensive positioning though, seems to be relying purely on his athleticism to block shots atm

Tatum + Brown + Timelord is definitely a core with the potential to be a dynasty. Surround them with the some veteran presence and some grit like Marcus Smart, Payton Pritchard etc.

This post was edited by Deaheseehc on Sep 15 2021 07:07pm
Sep 15 2021 07:57pm
Quote (Deaheseehc @ Sep 16 2021 09:05am)
Re-signing Rob Williams for the next 3 (or was it 4?) seasons could definitely push us into a legitimate contender position and be the dominant big man we have been lacking all this time. He really needs to work on his defensive positioning though, seems to be relying purely on his athleticism to block shots atm

Tatum + Brown + Timelord is definitely a core with the potential to be a dynasty. Surround them with the some veteran presence and some grit like Marcus Smart, Payton Pritchard etc.

The thing that stood out to me the most last year was Boston lost its identity as a tough nosed defensive team. It was partly because of the team tuning out Stevens (the man has excellent defensive schemes) but they're not effective if the team goes through too many injuries/checked out mentally. Defense will kick up a notch by improving the bigs rotation (Horford/Rob Williams/Kanter/Bruno) and moving Smart to PG instead of Kemba + adding Richardson. Kemba and TT leaving may be addition by subtraction defensively.

How much of a leap Langford/Pritchard/Nesmith/Timelord/Dunn make are the potential pathways to improvement. My guess is that Stevens will look to be a seller at the deadline, possibly to build pieces for a Beal offer.
Sep 15 2021 08:30pm
Quote (SSBBWGiantessLover @ Sep 16 2021 11:57am)
The thing that stood out to me the most last year was Boston lost its identity as a tough nosed defensive team. It was partly because of the team tuning out Stevens (the man has excellent defensive schemes) but they're not effective if the team goes through too many injuries/checked out mentally. Defense will kick up a notch by improving the bigs rotation (Horford/Rob Williams/Kanter/Bruno) and moving Smart to PG instead of Kemba + adding Richardson. Kemba and TT leaving may be addition by subtraction defensively.

How much of a leap Langford/Pritchard/Nesmith/Timelord/Dunn make are the potential pathways to improvement. My guess is that Stevens will look to be a seller at the deadline, possibly to build pieces for a Beal offer.

I don’t think we have Dunn anymore? Flipped him
Gold: 1,590.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 30 2021 05:26pm
Many, many positive vibes coming out of Boston atm

Jaylen is in career best health, has apparently gained a step of athleticism. Tatum no longer relying on oxygen pumps to help post-Covid.

21/22 is the season the Celtgods finally arrive
Gold: 0.38
Oct 5 2021 05:57pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 30 2021 04:26pm)
Many, many positive vibes coming out of Boston atm

Jaylen is in career best health, has apparently gained a step of athleticism. Tatum no longer relying on oxygen pumps to help post-Covid.

21/22 is the season the Celtgods finally arrive

im excited for this season

i hope we try different tactics this preseason
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev18278288298308311029Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll