d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > The Compound Room > Videos, Discussion, Etc.
Prev1683684685686687696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
May 1 2021 06:22pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 6 Mar 2020 15:39)
https://i.postimg.cc/htY2d0TH/home.jpg
new crib, moving in on the 19th.. Can't wait to be out of a rental.

Also, I can't wait to have my home gym set up.. I've got most of it bought.

Garage gym? Basement gym? Nearly bought a house last year and the most exciting thought was finally being able to get a solid garage gym going.. RIP to bidding war

Quote (Snazzy @ 23 Mar 2021 00:32)
Congrats! We moved into our new house in October. I never knew how much I needed a home gym in my life...

Finally getting it set up and finished. Like you said, hardest part with Covid is getting the actual weights.

Only managed to pick up 280lbs of iron plates before everything sold out. Still haven't been able to find dumbbells anywhere.

This is what i've got set up so far. The pulley system is amazing. I just had to run ties into the studs on the back wall for stability when doing heavier flies.

https://i.imgur.com/mmQPfL7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9x4Sdzj.jpg

Mirin' the space and rig, that's exactly how a rack/crossover combo should be.. Used to have something nearly identical except the only options for the crossover was top/bottom which was terrible.

Bought a condo about 3 years ago leaving a rental with many variations of a home gym (e: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=64139895&f=60 ) one of the reasons I invested in the condo was because I saw the nearly perfect gym (empty at the time of viewing) and pulled the trigger. Turns out the gym (~1500 sq ft) is shared between 4 condos (500+ units), only has 1 squat rack and dumbbells only go to 50lb after an incident involving someone dropping a DB on their toe (don't worry you can unlock the heavy DBs for a payment). Nearly every time I went to workout I couldn't get a machine, rack, bench etc... Regardless to say I very much fell off my regiment.

Eventually purchased/installed a pullup bar and a set of U-90 powerblocks to be able to get a decent workout in, quickly turned into a larger setup (yes that's a kegerater and keg in the background).

Few different setups have occurred since, purchased a low end bike and have gotten back into boxing (mount the bag on the pull-up bar) but thanks to the extra time on my hands and reborn interest in spending 2+ hours in a gym I'm about to invest in this bad boy:

Smaller footprint with pretty much everything I need, although still looking forward to buying a house so I can setup a big garage/basement gym.

Good to see some familiar faces still grinding, jealous of those who can actually attend a gym during lockdown.

This post was edited by Wopsey on May 1 2021 06:33pm
Gold: 570.00
May 5 2021 08:30am
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Apr 28 2021 04:46am)
Of course

But I can only do powerfliting specific, not for general strength training. (squat / bench / deadlift # gains)

If thats cool, then post:

- # gym days you can go, and which days you 100% want away from the gym
- Are you doing any sport?
- Are you having saturday benders?
- Hard labour job?
- what your current program is, and what youve tried before
- current max's / close to. Not all time bests, but current
- Are you familiar with RPE training? Rate of Perceived effort. NOT 'that was really hard, somewhat hard' but 'I had 1 rep left till failure, or 2 etc' Some butt buddies think its a scale of 1-10 on how hard a set it. What it is is a tool to program volume and fatigue
- Are you natty. If half natty or something then the same principles should apply. If youre not natty I dont have enough knowledge on recovery and how much volume you can handle, i wont be able to do this for you
- Roughly whats your diet like? Many people actually dont have enough carbs. Carbs = energy = better performance in the gym

I cleared some pm's if you preferred that way

It is great for the first few months, if u get past this period, things will get mediocre, stale, you are just dating each other now because of comfort, things u used to love to do together evoke little emotion now. You now have a commitment, something to think about, which isnt that great anymore. Its still good sometimes though but when u see her there are no more butterflies, but like i said before its comfortable, its nice having it.

So then u start to spice things up sexually, u buy her a dildo maybe, she reluctantly agrees, u spread dem cheeks and lube it up and go to town. She absolutely loves this, begs for it every night now, she wants a dildo thats bigger and bigger, she has trouble controlling her bowel movements after a while. U catch her in the bathroom using a 2L bottle of pepsi full of frozen water inserted full into her anal cavity. She slips in shock and it goes all the way in, u try to get it out but cant, drive her to the hospital.

After many many months of anal reconstruction when she bends over now when shes wearing tight clothes u can see the anus gape, ur friends at the gym see this, ask u "wtf have u been doing to her bro?" Youve been trying to keep this a secret, they tell her brother, her brother is a boxing champ, he beats the shiit out of u and u become kinda retarded. U break up with her because u cannot handle her anal problems that lead to life problems, all because u wanted to spice up ur relationship, relationships do not work, dont make these mistakes. Her brother masturbates to her anal disaster, u find this out when he is drunk and admits to violent incest activity. U drink for years and become fat, dont get a girlfriend guys, please dont.
Gold: 4,435.00
May 5 2021 12:45pm
Quote (Wopsey @ May 1 2021 07:22pm)
Garage gym? Basement gym? Nearly bought a house last year and the most exciting thought was finally being able to get a solid garage gym going.. RIP to bidding war

Mirin' the space and rig, that's exactly how a rack/crossover combo should be.. Used to have something nearly identical except the only options for the crossover was top/bottom which was terrible.

Bought a condo about 3 years ago leaving a rental with many variations of a home gym (e: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=64139895&f=60 ) one of the reasons I invested in the condo was because I saw the nearly perfect gym (empty at the time of viewing) and pulled the trigger. Turns out the gym (~1500 sq ft) is shared between 4 condos (500+ units), only has 1 squat rack and dumbbells only go to 50lb after an incident involving someone dropping a DB on their toe (don't worry you can unlock the heavy DBs for a payment). Nearly every time I went to workout I couldn't get a machine, rack, bench etc... Regardless to say I very much fell off my regiment.

Eventually purchased/installed a pullup bar and a set of U-90 powerblocks to be able to get a decent workout in, quickly turned into a larger setup (yes that's a kegerater and keg in the background).

https://i.imgur.com/JA9XzHQ.jpg

Few different setups have occurred since, purchased a low end bike and have gotten back into boxing (mount the bag on the pull-up bar) but thanks to the extra time on my hands and reborn interest in spending 2+ hours in a gym I'm about to invest in this bad boy:

https://altasstrength.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/3058-00x.jpg

Smaller footprint with pretty much everything I need, although still looking forward to buying a house so I can setup a big garage/basement gym.

Good to see some familiar faces still grinding, jealous of those who can actually attend a gym during lockdown.

like the lat pull down leg pad attachments, never seen a stand-alone attachment like that
Gold: 0.00
May 9 2021 05:41pm
Got my Titan SSB coming in finally... And I got an email that Rogue had fresh stock of adjustable dumbbells, so I ordered the Powerblock Elite 5-90s.

Thank god stuff is finally coming back in.. Next up will be a box squat bench, then a hack squat machine eventually.. BIG THINGS GUYS, BIG THINGS.
Gold: 14,059.06
May 9 2021 10:02pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 9 May 2021 16:41)
Got my Titan SSB coming in finally... And I got an email that Rogue had fresh stock of adjustable dumbbells, so I ordered the Powerblock Elite 5-90s.

Thank god stuff is finally coming back in.. Next up will be a box squat bench, then a hack squat machine eventually.. BIG THINGS GUYS, BIG THINGS.

Can you leave a brief review on it? Their price just went up. Got the Titan Calf Machine V2 and wasn't too impressed with the padding. I'm wondering how the SSB padding is.

This post was edited by Calipso on May 9 2021 10:03pm
May 10 2021 04:28am
Quote (Calipso @ May 10 2021 12:02am)
Can you leave a brief review on it? Their price just went up. Got the Titan Calf Machine V2 and wasn't too impressed with the padding. I'm wondering how the SSB padding is.

It’s identical to the EliteFTS SSYoke, they literally reverse engineered it. The only difference is the chrome finish.

The padding uses multiple layers of carpet padding. Garage Gym Reviews has said short of buying a transformer bar, there’s no reason to buy anything other than the Titan SSB. It’s 125 bucks cheaper than the SSYoke and nearly an identical product.

Once I get it, I’ll let ya know though!
May 10 2021 11:26am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 10 May 2021 03:28)
It’s identical to the EliteFTS SSYoke, they literally reverse engineered it. The only difference is the chrome finish.

The padding uses multiple layers of carpet padding. Garage Gym Reviews has said short of buying a transformer bar, there’s no reason to buy anything other than the Titan SSB. It’s 125 bucks cheaper than the SSYoke and nearly an identical product.

Once I get it, I’ll let ya know though!

The price kinda gets me because it used to be around $225 when I was first looking at it. I know steel and import prices have gone up and home gym prices have increased.
May 10 2021 02:29pm
Quote (Calipso @ May 10 2021 01:26pm)
The price kinda gets me because it used to be around $225 when I was first looking at it. I know steel and import prices have gone up and home gym prices have increased.

Ya, equipment across the board has shot up in price! But Titan is still by far the best. And the SSB V2 is pretty great to lift with.

I’d buy the transformer bar if shipping wasn’t 250 bucks.
May 10 2021 03:20pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 10 May 2021 13:29)
Ya, equipment across the board has shot up in price! But Titan is still by far the best. And the SSB V2 is pretty great to lift with.

I’d buy the transformer bar if shipping wasn’t 250 bucks.

Titan is pretty low end but the calf machine is acceptable. I may just stick with my rogue boneyard and not buy the SSB
May 10 2021 03:42pm
Quote (Calipso @ May 10 2021 05:20pm)
Titan is pretty low end but the calf machine is acceptable. I may just stick with my rogue boneyard and not buy the SSB

Its hit or miss, their racks are great now. I had an old rack of theirs and the welds were filled with pores. Now, they’re solid.

Their barbells for the most part are garbage, the SSB is good, and the cable machines are on point. Just my two cents.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1683684685686687696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll